The Incredible Hulk general Series discussion (Spoilers)

Re: The Incredible Hulk Series Discussion (Spoilers)

Incredible Hulk #91

This is what Hulk's all about. Throw him in space where he can't do any collateral damage, sit back in the control room and watch him throw back with a machine that can adapt to anything thrown at him. The issue was almost entirely action as Hulk fought "Godseye". I thought it was pretty anticlimatic since it was obvious how it was gonna end. The Godseye Satellite was now useing gamma radiation to power itself up and too mimic the Hulk's strength. But Bruce Banner is the only one who can adapt to the gamma radiation. So the Godseye maxes out and blows up.

Fury sends a capsul to "bring Hulk home". Hulk's not too happy with him but gets even more upset with the capsul moves away from Earth and not towards it. Fury gets a transmission from an "unknown" asking if the job's done. We then see the screen in Hulk's escape pod flicker and a voice says "Bruce, I'm terribly sorry" or something like that.

Problem with the ending was it would've been a lot more effective if Newsarama didn't spoil who the voice was. Still pretty cool stuff despite the Illuminati not making any logical sense (sorry Bass)....

4/5

HoM: Hulk TPB

Just finished reading it today (got it yesterday). Overall, it was a good and enjoyable story. Loved how everything played out. The characters were great, and Scorpion was a great supporting character. The art was sweet, too. Peter David is awesome.

4/5

Incredible Hulk #95
hulk95a.jpg

That's a sweet cover.

Hulk vs. Silver Surfer gladiator style? :twisted:

Re: HoM: Hulk TPB

icemastertron said:
Just finished reading it today (got it yesterday). Overall, it was a good and enjoyable story. Loved how everything played out. The characters were great, and Scorpion was a great supporting character. The art was sweet, too. Peter David is awesome.

4/5

I agree for the most part. I didn't like the coloring of everyone but the Hulk. But it was decent.

C+

And that is a brillant cover.

Last edited:

TheManWithoutFear said:
Agree but gives it a C+ ?

A+ is perfect and made me love the story on emotional level.

A is that it's perfect but I didn't geek out.

B is better than most

C is average. If you like the character you should check it kinda thing.

D is a horrid story saved by the art or just bad but not that bad.

F is Ultimate Iron Man.

thee great one said:
A+ is perfect and made me love the story on emotional level.

A is that it's perfect but I didn't geek out.

B is better than most

C is average. If you like the character you should check it kinda thing.

D is a horrid story saved by the art or just bad but not that bad.

F is Ultimate Iron Man.

........you missed a letter....

Planet Hulk begins.

I hate when Hulk has dialogue and he had a lot of it. And stupid aliens ugh...

I don't know how this is actually good.

Hulk is on his way to a destination precoordinated by the Illuminati. I don't need to tell you why, we've gone through this enough. Hulk is a threat to the world no matter how you put it.

Hulk crashes on a planet that is inhabited by bug people and run by coneheads. Hulk is arrogant and captured and thrown into the coneheads arena with the bug people. They're forced to fight The Sarlaac Pit and Hulk SMASH. Then the king comes with one of the suits Ripley wears in ALIENS. Hulk is ambushed and loses... he then has to face the next challenge... another Sarlaac Pit :shock:

I know it sounds totally lame...

4/5

I liked the issue. Although I think the Hulk is playing possum against these aliens, the action was top notch. I thought those insectiod aliens were a bit on the dumb side with thier ramblings and cowardly comments. One thing about this story arch is that it really puts the reader in Hulk's shoes. I feel like stranger exploring this lost world just like the Hulk, not your typical Nevada setting.

Issue 93.

This is a great story. I liked the smart but brutal Hulk. Not too green but not to gray.

Since when can the Brood talk? I liked the appearance and the interaction was pretty good. But this is more of your summer action blockbuster with nonstop fighting.

B

thee great one said:
Issue 93.

This is a great story. I liked the smart but brutal Hulk. Not too green but not to gray.

Since when can the Brood talk? I liked the appearance and the interaction was pretty good. But this is more of your summer action blockbuster with nonstop fighting.

B
From what I was told, the Brood have always been able to talk, though I have early issues where they don't. In the X4 mini, they talk there, saying they're "advanced" or something like that.

thee great one said:
Issue 93.

B
The Brood's involved?

Latest posts

Back