The Incredible Hulk general Series discussion (Spoilers)

Re: The Incredible Hulk Series Discussion (Spoilers)

I don't know why but I liked this issue today (I think I'm just in a good mood)

Basically Hulk kicks the **** out of the Red King for like the entire issue. Then Red King pulls a Predator and hits the self destruct button. This starts a platonic reaction that's about to have the entire world break apart. Everyone thinks its hopeless but Hulk jumps down and starts moving the plates together going from "World Breaker" to "World Healer". He jumps back to the surface and again gives one last blow to the Red King.

Hulk is made King but the Spikes are still hungry so he lets them feed off of him... this kills him...

3.5/5

I don't know why but I liked this issue today (I think I'm just in a good mood)

Basically Hulk kicks the **** out of the Red King for like the entire issue. Then Red King pulls a Predator and hits the self destruct button. This starts a platonic reaction that's about to have the entire world break apart. Everyone thinks its hopeless but Hulk jumps down and starts moving the plates together going from "World Breaker" to "World Healer". He jumps back to the surface and again gives one last blow to the Red King.

Hulk is made King but the Spikes are still hungry so he lets them feed off of him... this kills him...

3.5/5
What makes you think he's dead? His last line is "Says who?," then he takes Caiera's hand and they show him in pain, then Hiroim says "May the prophet preserve you...King Hulk," as he looks at a crown.

What makes you think he's dead? His last line is "Says who?," then he takes Caiera's hand and they show him in pain, then Hiroim says "May the prophet preserve you...King Hulk," as he looks at a crown.

I know he's not dead. You know he's not dead. I'm just sayin what we're made to believe...

From Lying in the Gutters:

At MegaCon, David Finch was showing off covers from "World War Hulk," without realising he may have been giving out spoilers for the big ending. Highlight the following paragraph for potential spoilers.

The planet in question does its best impression of Krypton.

I'm not yet sure what to make of this WWH.

However, I am 99% certain that it is going to further complicate the Hulk vs. Superman arguement.

Those World War Hulk tie ins sound stupid. I hate tie ins.

I had downloaded Planet Hulk a while ago since it sounded interesting and I liked the idea of Hulk becoming an important character.

I always thought the covers were awesome. I peaked inside an issue. The interior art wasn't very good. However, a story can still be good even if the art is bad.

I was obviously wrong.

I started reading the Planet Hulk prelude in Fantastic Four today. I like Mike McKone's art on Teen Titans and Exiles, but it didn't fit here. His Thing and Hulk changed shapes and sizes constantly. The story was lame and I thought it was stupid how Hulk seemed to be intelligent and was being... a spy? What? Hulk should just smash things. In this, he's sneaking through a cave, wearing a headset and blowing dust on lasers so he can avoid them. Stupid.

I stopped reading after this and just skipped over the pages. Apparently the Thing is called in after a bomb goes off, and the two fight. However, before this happens, there is a page with the Human Torch flying along carrying the Thing. How?!

I skipped right to the Hulk arc which led into Planet Hulk. It had quite good art, but the story was uninteresting. I then saw it was Daniel Way who wrote it, and skipped that.

As I had finally reached the first issue of the actual Planet Hulk, I was excited. This story had been stated as being one of the best events in a couple of years, which isn't saying much, as they may be enjoyable, but they're all stupid. I read the first page, and immediately notice one thing. Hulk is viewing the video of the Illuminati explaining why the Hulk is being sent to space. You can see Iron Man, Black Bolt and Dr. Strange in the background. No Namor or Xavier. And yet, when Hulk returns, he's going after Xavier, and they've got a whole mini dedicated to it. Bollocks.

I skip ahead to later issues and realize I don't care. The art is still bland and the story is uninteresting. I decide to give up, and delete all the issues.

As far as I can tell, the only good thing about Planet Hulk was the covers, which rocked. I do not recommend this at all.

Seriously, how does he know xavier is part of the illuminati.

Latest posts

Back