The Incredible Hulk general Series discussion (Spoilers)

Re: The Incredible Hulk Series Discussion (Spoilers)

Anyone get #100?

Hulk fights some more, Miek has balls, The Shadow people show up at the end to see if he's the Sakkerson er whatever.

More interesting.

Some Chow kid who I have no idea finds one of Banner's hideouts and hacks into Reed Richard's computers. They verbally argue back and forth about if Hulk is really as dangerous. Chow reminds Reed that there would probably be one less body from this Civil War had Banner been on Earth at the time.

It ends with Iron Man visiting Reed and asking if they found the "smart kid" (Chow). Reed tells him he disappeared before the agents could get there. Reed then tells him Hulk isn't where they sent him and now they don't know where he is. Worse yet, he has friends and god help us if they find him first. (On the final page it shows hulk surrounded by a silhouette of people)

The only disappointing thing about the last page is when it was described to me on another board I thought the silhouette figures would be of his Planet Hulk friends... It wasn't. Clearly you can see images of normal more human-like people. One in particular has wings (Angel from The Champions).

However, this might mean that when World War Hulk comes it will be Hulk & Co. vs. Opposers not just Hulk vs. World.

Also showed some past issues like Hulk #152 and #153 where Matt Murdock defends the Hulk in trial.

I got it too. I thought it was a good issue. I was kind of disappointed something more significant didn't happen, though. I would have thought Pak would have made some huge planned something earth shattering for issue #100.

4/5

everyone should go out and BUY issue 100. if for no other reason then for some of the old school re-prints of the hulk they have have in the back.

if Ultimates2 where Fury says something along the lines "your a free man Banner, the Ultimates went into the court and told them how you helped saved the world and they let you go"

well, the did happen, in one of the really old issues, and its reprinted. and Matt Murdock is his attorney too.

However, this might mean that when World War Hulk comes it will be Hulk & Co. vs. Opposers not just Hulk vs. World.

I sorta assumed it would be Hulk and whatever army he's raised off planet coming back. Pissed. A real World War (Earth on whoever)

I'm not doing much with summary's because I'm goofin' off in the computer lab and hungover and I read through these issues pretty quickly. *That goes for everything I post in the next few hours*

Anyway this issue was a big let down and the ending was a bigger let down than most.

Basically we get the shadowpeople come and declare that Hulk's too angry to be the savior. The images of Hulk standing around the giant marvel heroes when he smashes Iron Man is used here in a dreamesque sequence as they taunt him.

The Shadow people worship this giant battle cruiser. Hulk takes it and they start fighting off the Red King's naval armies that are attacking the refugees. The refugees are surrounded by fire to protect themselves from the spikes. Because of the attacks the entire city loses power but they save enough to sustain the emporers gladiator armor.

When Hulk comes to the rescue him and his gladiator team go right through the spikes, who seemingly let them pass right through them into a cave where it's reavealed that the Spike leaders (?) are.

The Red King gets to the refugees and threatens his daughter who previously betrayed him. Before he can kill her Hulk & Co. shows up and are now teamed up with the Spikes :roll: to kick the red king's ***.

2/5

I like it. It's one of the best Marvel titles nowadays.

4/5 - They should explain the spikes better. They seem like midless monsters but it is now clear that they have some kind of power structure.

It's probably a mistake, but I just started this series with 100 (though I did get the Planet Hulk Gladiator Guide) and I have pretty much no idea what's going on here. The guy at the comic store said it was pretty accessible, but that was obviously from the perspective of someone who was reading it from the start.

I hope the trades start coming out soon so I can catch up (unlike Road to Civil War). In the meantime, Marvel's promoting this as a must-read book but new readers like me are getting lost if we missed the start of it.

That's how it seems.

I remember a few years ago Quesada kept saying Pak was the best writer who's work we haven't seen yet.

Then he gave us Warlock.

And now this.

It's probably a mistake, but I just started this series with 100 (though I did get the Planet Hulk Gladiator Guide) and I have pretty much no idea what's going on here. The guy at the comic store said it was pretty accessible, but that was obviously from the perspective of someone who was reading it from the start.

I hope the trades start coming out soon so I can catch up (unlike Road to Civil War). In the meantime, Marvel's promoting this as a must-read book but new readers like me are getting lost if we missed the start of it.

I think he said accessible in a way that you don't need to be reading Hulk for some time. I started reading Planet Hulk and it was pretty clear for me (I didn't followed Hulk before)

It's really not that good. I think Pak, from what I can tell of this and Warsong and the vibe I got off him at the convention, is really into goofy sci-fi stories.

Meh, it really comes to taste. I think it's really good, I just thought that the spikes could have been better explained.

That's how it seems.

I remember a few years ago Quesada kept saying Pak was the best writer who's work we haven't seen yet.

Then he gave us Warlock.

And now this.

Taste again. I really liked the change on Hulk, as someone said, it really lets Hulk be Hulk. The other characters are cool and have their own story. Pak made me buy my first Hulk comic, it's really a great thing. :lol: :lol:

I think he said accessible in a way that you don't need to be reading Hulk for some time. I started reading Planet Hulk and it was pretty clear for me (I didn't followed Hulk before)

I've read a lot of Hulk in my life, but issue 100 was the first Planet Hulk I read and it was just too much too soon I think. Not blaming the comic for being what it was, per se, I personally just wish it was a better introduction, being the big 100 and a start of a new sub-story.

I started reading at the start of the last arch, and it took me at least three issues to figure out what was going on.

Pak's Phoenix Stories are some of the greatest I ever read.

Planet Hulk is very underwhelming. But 101 had some nice moments. With his obvious resentment and feeling of betrayel.

But still.

Bruce Jones' run ruled. A lot.

The first Bruce Jones trade was okay (I read a friend's copy), but his last two issues (the only ones I bought) were a confusing mishmash of crap. And Hulk/Thing was one of the worst comics I've ever read in my life.

The first Bruce Jones trade was okay , but his last two issues were a confusing mishmash of crap.
Big let down. I thought it was really going to be a good read when I started his run but it just got too weird for me.
And Hulk/Thing was one of the worst comics I've ever read in my life.
But the art was great.

I wasn't that disappointed by the issue. I wish he'd gone more into him being the Sakaarson. That part was pretty good. They just didn't go far enough into it. From the solicitations, I think it's going to develop into something.

Latest posts

Back