The Incredible Hulk general Series discussion (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
Another one E missed. But I've been hearing rumblings over the net that next summer's event is going to deal with the big green and it's call "Planet Hulk". Anyone with any information on this?
"The seeds will be planted in next months Hulk issue."

TheManWithoutFear said:
"Planet Hulk".
Imagine a planet full of Hulks.

Baby Hulk (who looks like Hulk in a diaper): "GRAHHHHH!!!! HULK WANT COOKIE! GRAHHHHH!!!!"

Mom Hulk (who looks like Hulk in a dress): "GRAHHHHH!!!! HULK NO EAT COOKIE! HULK SPOIL DINNER! GRAHHHHHH!!!!!"

Dad Hulk (who looks like Hulk in a business suit): *reading newspaper* "GRAHHHHH!!!! HULK MAD!!! STOCK FALL THREE POINTS!!! HULK SMASH WALLSTREET!!!!!!!

I misspelled Incredible can someone fix that please?

Anyway new issue out today. How'd it go? Well I wasn't overly entertained by this one and it was definitely there to just bridge the HoM mini with the remainder. It was pretty interesting and worth looking through though.

Apparently after House of M people are disorientated all over the world and they think it's because of some mass hallucination scam pulled on them. No one is quite sure what happened.

The Old Aborigione comes to Hulk again and Raspucci and Banner go to the Aborigiones Scorpion attacks them and Banner Hulks out. Raspucci gets away and The natives abandon Banner.

The whole feel of the issue is pretty much Banner has to stop pretending he's not the Hulk and just accept it. Scorpion ridicules him and tells him to stop running away from himself he's not a pacifist he's got a major anger managment problem and he needs to accept that. Banner says it's time for him to be a lone and walks off.

Not a great issue and you can do without it. But I'm pysched that Hulk has more coming to him in the MU.

2.5/5

If the new Scorpion ever mouthed off to me like that, I'd crack her one. She's just some punk kid.

I never really felt that the Hulk's mass increase/decrease had to be explained. Sure, Ant-Man and Wasp summon and shunt mass from another dimension. My theory has always been that Banner's cell production rapidly speeds up when he's angry, and when he calms down, those new cells are quickly killed. Also, the nucleus in our cells always has the genetic information on where and how cells should be placed, so it's not hard to believe that they save the body information of Banner before he transforms and then they readapt to fit those body specifications after the adrenaline is gone.

Re: The Incredbile Hulk Series Discussion (Spoilers)

Concerning Secret War and Fury.

Solicitations for #89

The Story:
"PEACE IN OUR TIME" Parts 1 & 2 (of 4)

Bruce Banner has finally found a semblance of peace. Here, in the isolated interior of Alaska, he hopes to protect the rest of humanity from The Hulk's never-ending rampage by secluding himself in self-imposed exile. Banner is confident that his plan will work—after all, who would be foolish enough to actually come looking for The Hulk? But when Nick Fury comes calling, you know there's trouble for someone involved. This arc sets up next year's huge event involving a certain Jade Giant.

Fury isn't working SHIELD anymore and supposedly he's out of the picture. Does anyone think that the events that take place after Secret War are insanely confidential that Fury's the only guy working it and he recruits the Hulk and this leads into the big hulk event that Marvel's referring too. I find the fact Fury's involved very interesting and wonder if it ties into Secret War.

Doc Comic said:
If the new Scorpion ever mouthed off to me like that, I'd crack her one. She's just some punk kid.
"Just some punk kid"? Did you try reading the actual arc in Amazing Fantasy? If not, get the digest that was released this week. I plan to start another thread for it, but let me say that she *deserves* to bad-mouth Banner, if he's being an avoidant little ***** about his temendous responsibility, regardless of who she is. But it applies double if my the answer to my next question is actually true...

I haven't read the issue with Scorpion yet -- though I plan to own her every appearance (barring HoM) -- but I read somewhere that it hints at the idea that Bruce might be Scorpion's father. Is this true? Something about Monica Rapaccini sleeping with Bruce Banner during college.

Even if that were accurate, I doubt this would lead to Thasannee/Carmilla's conception. You just know that it would not be beyond Monica's ethics to have a test-tube baby, or to consciously pick a deliberate partner from one ot he various terror groups she's been a member of (AIM and The Black Orchestra) who could father a strong child.

compound said:
I haven't read the issue with Scorpion yet -- though I plan to own her every appearance (barring HoM) -- but I read somewhere that it hints at the idea that Bruce might be Scorpion's father. Is this true? Something about Monica Rapaccini sleeping with Bruce Banner during college.
Oh wow... Yeah, they slept together but it was never hinted that Scorpion was his kid. I didn't think of it. I really hope it's not true though. I don't think it is.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Oh wow... Yeah, they slept together but it was never hinted that Scorpion was his kid. I didn't think of it. I really hope it's not true though. I don't think it is.
Okay, this probably should go in the new Scorpion thread I plan to make, but here's why I think the Banner paternity idea is bull.

Granted, Monica and Bruce boinked each other in college, by sheer coincidence. (Actually makes sense that two people so brilliant and gifted would be attracted to each other, but whatever.)

But I serisusly doubt somebody as self-centered and egotistical as Monica would allow the responsibility of getting pregnant and delivering a baby, to interfere with her plans of global destruction. *Amazing Fantasy spoilers follow*
"Poison Tomrrow" makes it clear that she 'created' Thassanee as a living bio-weapon, and NOT because of any maternal instinct.
In order for her to plan the pregnancy that way, it could not have been the result of an accidental tryst, obviously. So, no, Bruce is probably not Scorpion's dad.

Hmm, not sure if I'll bother with this then. I'm desperate for a good Hulk story. I love the character but I haven't been entertained by anything I've read since.. hmm, all that stuff leading up to Blonsky being released and Banner shacking up with his wife about #40 or so of series 3.

It feels like Hulk -- the series and the character -- is being forcibly "Bendis'd" i.e. needlessly tied in to shared-universe aspects that probably require some degree of familiarity with otherwise unrelated continuity.

That's sad, because Bendis' best Marvel work has been his most self-contained: Daredevil.

Last edited:

Guijllons said:
Hmm, not sure if I'll bother with this then. I'm desperate for a good Hulk story. I love the character but I haven't been entertained by anything I've read since.. hmm, all that stuff leading up to Blonsky being released and Banner shacking up with his wife about #40 or so of series 3.
It's been retconned
all a dream product of Nightmare

Re: The Incredible Hulk Series Discussion (Spoilers)

Hmm... unimpressed. Like the art. Wasn't bad but was just your typical Banner secludes himself and Hulks out to save a woman from being raped.

What did impress me was the Fury Agent that acted as his supplier. The guy would bring Banner supplies for Fish and they had a barter system. Banner hulked out one night and the next day the guy came and said he had a message for Banner.

A hologram of Nick Fury asking Banner for help.

So is this the first we've seen of Fury since the events of Secret War?

3.5/5

Do we think that Fury is going to enlist Banner to go and fight on this Planet Hulk?
Thats the impression that I am getting

Mentalgoliath said:
Do we think that Fury is going to enlist Banner to go and fight on this Planet Hulk?

It's possible. I don't like the looks or sounds of the feb hulk issue. But that sounds like a pretty logical guess. I wonder where this weird planet Hulk is going too comes from and how Fury knows about and what affect it's gonna have on the rest of the MU.

Mentalgoliath said:
WELCOME! :D

Glad you could join us. :)

Latest posts

Back