The Marvel Movie Reporting Thread.

CBR:

Edward Norton told MTV that he's not sure whether or not he'll be back in green. "The minds of Marvel are sometimes opaque," Norton. "I won't say [they're] obtuse, but I don't have any idea what they want to do."

Last edited:
DVD releases (North America)

Iron Man - September 30

Incredible Hulk - October 21

I'll definitely be picking up the special editions of both of these. I'm really excited to see Iron Man for the first time since I saw it in theaters, and Incredible Hulk wasn't that bad either. It was definitely an improvement from Ang Lee's movie. It was kind of slow in the beginning, even though I loved the chase scene with Tim Roth and Ed Norton in Brazil. I'm also interested to see the 70 minutes (!) of deleted footage that Norton and Leterrier wanted to include in the movie (I don't think they wanted all 70 minutes, but I know there was a dispute with the producers over the length of the film).

That said, I hope Ed Norton gets involved in a sequel. I can't really see that guy who plays Samuel Sterns end up turning into the Leader though.

I'm so excited for Iron Man! It's the best Marvel movie ever!

BCC08:

--What's up with the Iron Man movie sequel? Bendis: Matt Fraction brainstormed with Jon Favreau last week and is really enthusiastic.

Dates changed/announced (from CBR):

According to Variety, Marvel has extended their deal with Paramount, which will distribute their future films "Iron Man 2" (May 7, 2010), "Thor" (July 16, 2010, and Kenneth Branagh has been confirmed as the director), "The First Avenger: Captain America" (May 6, 2011) and "The Avengers" (July 15, 2011).

They also anounced an Iron Man 3 movie

I just picked up the Blu Ray disc of Iron Man, I'm gonna take my PS3 and my HDMI cable upstairs and watch it on the good t.v.

it will be awesome

According to Variety, Marvel has extended their deal with Paramount, which will distribute their future films "Iron Man 2" (May 7, 2010), "Thor" (July 16, 2010, and Kenneth Branagh has been confirmed as the director), "The First Avenger: Captain America" (May 6, 2011) and "The Avengers" (July 15, 2011).

I don't understand why they can't just call the Captain America movie "Captain America."

I don't understand why they can't just call the Captain America movie "Captain America."

Because they want the title to tie in directly to the Avengers movie being released only a few months after the Captain America movie comes out. I agree its lame and should just be called "Captain America", but I can understand why they're doing it from a marketing perspective.

"The First Avenger: Captain America" (May 6, 2011)

Oh great just what Hollywood needs :roll: yet another movie based on someone who died. If he hadn't died this film would never have been made as he would just yet another solider. But the fact he dies means Hollywood can pray on the emotions of the movie goer.

When we all know this is just yet another exuse for some B.S. American Patriotic movie like United 93 , Lincoln that's coming out and so many others that are created purely to get the American public to say "Oh god this is what happens to our troops let's support them so we can win this war."

This type of historical biography makes me sick and I for one am boycotting this movie because of it.

Oh great just what Hollywood needs :roll: yet another movie based on someone who died. If he hadn't died this film would never have been made as he would just yet another solider. But the fact he dies means Hollywood can pray on the emotions of the movie goer.

When we all know this is just yet another exuse for some B.S. American Patriotic movie like United 93 , Lincoln that's coming out and so many others that are created purely to get the American public to say "Oh god this is what happens to our troops let's support them so we can win this war."

This type of historical biography makes me sick and I for one am boycotting this movie because of it.

Yet still so much better than Dragonball as a movie, in both concept and final product...guaranteed.

You're just mad because the English are always portrayed as prissy Jane Austen characters or mad Rugby hooligans whenever they appear in movies.

;)

If there was something about saving a girl from a vehicle, this "rant" would be almost as hilariously bad as Best Day Ever.

:lol:

I don't know if the others understand.

:arrgh:

Those of you who didn't get that that was a joke are now banned from mocking or criticizing Mole until I say otherwise.

Director Jon Favreau Talks Iron Man 2, Avengers

Iron Man 2 will rock. Mandarin a very high possibility (whether alone or not) and Fury and War Machine confirmed.

The director was asked if the Iron Man comic book villain the Mandarin is still the frontrunner to be the main villain in Iron Man 2.

"The Mandarin is still an important figure in the Iron Man Universe, wrote Favreau. "We have an interesting take on him that allows us to incorporate the whole pantheon of villains. The whole 10 Rings thing in Iron Man 1 was a good tease for it."

"The sequel is shaping up to incorporate Tony's vision for the future", wrote the director as a general response to several fan questions. "What happens after he says, 'I am Iron Man?'"

Asked if Nick Fury will appear in Iron Man 2, Favreau responded, "S.H.I.E.L.D. is important to the franchise, and what is S.H.I.E.L.D. without Fury?"

In response to numerous fan requests for War Machine in Iron Man 2, Favreau seemed to have good news...

"We need War Machine. Agreed. Shoulder cannons and all," he replied.

The interest in a female villain makes me think about how cool it would be to have Iron Man vs. Madame Masque or Viper and HYDRA.

Latest posts

Back