The Marvel Movie Reporting Thread.

Madame Masque

Lovelovelovelove....

Madame_Masque.jpg

Oh great just what Hollywood needs :roll: yet another movie based on someone who died. If he hadn't died this film would never have been made as he would just yet another solider. But the fact he dies means Hollywood can pray on the emotions of the movie goer.

When we all know this is just yet another exuse for some B.S. American Patriotic movie like United 93 , Lincoln that's coming out and so many others that are created purely to get the American public to say "Oh god this is what happens to our troops let's support them so we can win this war."

This type of historical biography makes me sick and I for one am boycotting this movie because of it.

Yet still so much better than Dragonball as a movie, in both concept and final product...guaranteed.

You're just mad because the English are always portrayed as prissy Jane Austen characters or mad Rugby hooligans whenever they appear in movies.

;)

If there was something about saving a girl from a vehicle, this "rant" would be almost as hilariously bad as Best Day Ever.

:lol:

I don't know if the others understand.

It was a joke people.

I thought it was pretty good.

Those of you who didn't get that that was a joke are now banned from mocking or criticizing Mole until I say otherwise.

Yes it was :lol:

I understood it was a joke. I joked back. Hence the winking smiley face I included at the end of my post.

I was totally serious it'll be better than the Dragonball movie, though.

;)

Again, I'm joking, but not really.

:shock:

Director Jon Favreau Talks Iron Man 2, Avengers

Iron Man 2 will rock. Mandarin a very high possibility (whether alone or not) and Fury and War Machine confirmed.

The director was asked if the Iron Man comic book villain the Mandarin is still the frontrunner to be the main villain in Iron Man 2.

"The Mandarin is still an important figure in the Iron Man Universe, wrote Favreau. "We have an interesting take on him that allows us to incorporate the whole pantheon of villains. The whole 10 Rings thing in Iron Man 1 was a good tease for it."

"The sequel is shaping up to incorporate Tony's vision for the future", wrote the director as a general response to several fan questions. "What happens after he says, 'I am Iron Man?'"

Asked if Nick Fury will appear in Iron Man 2, Favreau responded, "S.H.I.E.L.D. is important to the franchise, and what is S.H.I.E.L.D. without Fury?"

In response to numerous fan requests for War Machine in Iron Man 2, Favreau seemed to have good news...

"We need War Machine. Agreed. Shoulder cannons and all," he replied.

Love that War Machine (WITH SHOULDER CANNONS) is being considered, at least by Favreau. Looking forward to this.

I just picked up the DVD, so I'm about to pop it in and watch the first IM now. Love this ****!

I think the most important question about Iron Man 2 has to be which song they'll use for a theme song

War Machine by AC/DC
[youtube]WBQODlM__14[/youtube]

or

War Machine by Kiss
[youtube]LlnmNkMivHc[/youtube]

Why didn't my [ youtube] [/ youtube] things work?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the most important question about Iron Man 2 has to be which song they'll use for a theme song

War Machine by AC/DC

or

War Machine by Kiss

The Kiss one is better IMO, but both of those songs suck and are too obscure. The AC/DC one is from their new album, which sucks ***. But since they did use "Back in Black" in the first movie, they should probably do the AC/DC one.

I say neither. Who says the theme song has to be a song that's already made?

Honestly? Not sure I believe him. He's been noted as being difficult on a number of pictures. While Marvel probably made the recasting decision without him, both stories are likely true. He tells Marvel he wants a ridiculous amount of money, Marvel considers recasting him, They approach Cheadle to see if he's interested, Cheadle says yes, It leaks, and then Marvel confirms it.

That's just speculation, but I sincerely doubt everyone was all like "How can we **** with Terrence Howard?"

Honestly? Not sure I believe him. He's been noted as being difficult on a number of pictures. While Marvel probably made the recasting decision without him, both stories are likely true. He tells Marvel he wants a ridiculous amount of money, Marvel considers recasting him, They approach Cheadle to see if he's interested, Cheadle says yes, It leaks, and then Marvel confirms it.

That's just speculation, but I sincerely doubt everyone was all like "How can we **** with Terrence Howard?"
That's exactly what I think.

I've never read up on Howard's on-set reputation, but as mentioned elsewhere I doubt anybody intentionally screwed anybody.

I like Howard more than the idea of Cheadle as Rhodey, but that's not because of some crazy fanboy thing, but because I think of Howard as the kind of White-Friendly Black Actor more suited for the character than Cheadle, regardless of either actor's working reputation.

That's exactly what I think.

I've never read up on Howard's on-set reputation, but as mentioned elsewhere I doubt anybody intentionally screwed anybody.

I like Howard more than the idea of Cheadle as Rhodey, but that's not because of some crazy fanboy thing, but because I think of Howard as the kind of White-Friendly Black Actor more suited for the character than Cheadle, regardless of either actor's working reputation.
I think Howard fits the role of military officer much better, in the context of the guy who will become war machine

I think Howard fits the role of military officer much better, in the context of the guy who will become war machine
I think of Cheadle as anything between a sagely family man, an intensely soulful worker, a jive talking smart-mouth and a cigar-smoking smooth operator and its a little hard for me to "revision" Rhodey.

Which is not the same thing as saying I can't imageine him playing Rhody, as none of these thespic traits rule out his capacity to play any version of Rhodey, it's just that I think that Howard already suits the role quite well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not too attached to having the same actor for physical continuity, but keeping Howard means keeping the continuity that some people want and keeping someone who fits the role well.

I disagree, Howard has kinda a smurf voice, not what I expect coming out of the mouth of a bad @ss marine.

Samuel L. Jackson talked briefly with BlackVoices.Com about Iron Man 2 and working with Don Cheadle:
Samuel L. Jackson said:
I saw Jon Favreau last night (at the Scream Awards), and he told me we were. I was standing next to George Lucas and he said to me, 'Hey! I hope you are making your deal with them (Paramount)' and I was like, 'Really' (Laughs)
More from the link above.

CBR:

Why is there a new War Machine on the block? According to Entertainment Weekly there wasn't just one reason ... "Those with intimate knowledge of the situation suggest a far more dramatic backstory: Howard was the first actor signed to the film and, on top of that, was the highest-paid. That's right: more than Gwyneth Paltrow. More than Jeff Bridges. More than Robert Downey Jr. And once the project fully came together, it was too late to renegotiate his deal. It didn't help that, according to one source, Favreau and his producers were ultimately unhappy with Howard's performance, and spent a lot of time cutting and reshooting his scenes."

Why is he so highly paid? He didn't do anything! I didn't even know who he was before Iron Man.

Latest posts

Back