The new Spider-Man cartoon to air on the CW.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I will be outside!

Kicking things!

EDIT: After formally reading through the article, it really bothers me that they said it so offhandedly.

Well, they weren't working on the show as far as i know.

Son of a *****.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I will be outside!

Kicking things!

EDIT: After formally reading through the article, it really bothers me that they said it so offhandedly.

NOOOOOOOO

Jesus, Por que?

Yeah, that pissed me off as well.

yeah, no kidding. As if it was a given.

Well, they weren't working on the show as far as i know.

Well ****.

It ended in such a down note too.

Word. I really didn't like that ending too, it just screamed "we're spreading this out as much as possible". Ironic, huh?

I find it kind of funny yet disturbing, that everyone just gave up like that. It's not official yet. Disney pending the sale and after see the ratings for Season 2could say "Ok, let's try another (yet smaller) season."

Plus think of Family Guy and Futurama. They went off the air and after letters and letters of fan mail saying "bring it back" they came back.

I find it kind of funny yet disturbing, that everyone just gave up like that. It's not official yet. Disney pending the sale and after see the ratings for Season 2could say "Ok, let's try another (yet smaller) season."

Plus think of Family Guy and Futurama. They went off the air and after letters and letters of fan mail saying "bring it back" they came back.

Futurama was more of it's success in Adult swim.

Futurama was more of it's success in Adult swim.

True, but Disney XD isn't going to re-run The Spectacular Spider-Man season 1 & 2 like Adult Swim did with Futurama? From what I hear, The Spectacular Spider-Man comes on several times a day already. And if the sale of marvel goes threw. They may show it on the regular Disney channel.

Last edited:

FG came back not because of any letters, but because it sold millions in DVD sales. Execs notice things when lots of $$$$$ is being made.

Last edited:
FG came back not because of any letters, but because it sold millions in DVD sales. Execs notice things when lots of $$$$$ is being made.

Adult Swim out doing the tonight show in ratings was also a big factor

Have all these years of reading comic book taught you nothing?.. Did countless super hero cartoons have no impact on you?.. If you were a true comic book fan you would know that it is always the bleakest before the dawn. You should always strive to for those things you love when everything is against you. Not say, Oh, well…

WHO WITH ME! LET'S GO! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
(runs out of room)

(comes back in room)

Come on! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
(runs out of room)

(comes back)

Fine, I'll do it myself since all of you are quitters. Even If I have to get my Nephews and Niece to stand outside Roy Disney, Bob Iger, and John Pepper, Jr. doors. Making Sad puppy dog eyes and say, "Pweas mister Disney men. Pweas brring back our favorite show. Pweas!"

(storms out)

Last edited:
Ok, check this out. I got this from the "Keep 'The Spectacular Spider-Man' Alive" Face book page.

Marvel Animation Age caught up with The Spectacular Spider-Man
supervising producer/story editor Greg Weisman concerning the "done and
over with" comment apparently made in regards to the current production
status of the The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series. The
comment, made by Marvel ...Animation President Eric Rollman and Chris Yost
and featured in a recent Marvel Animation-focused interview at
Newsarama, resulted in a massive fan outcry for the series. Weisman had
the following to say, as seen below.

"I don't know what to say," says Weisman. "Last I heard Disney XD was waiting to see how the series did in the November sweeps."

"If Eric [Rollman] and Chris [Yost] know for certain it's dead, it'http://forums.toonzone.net/showpost.php?p=3422283&postcount=432s
news to me," he continues. "But they are insiders at Marvel, and I'm an
insider at... well... nowhere, really."

He concludes, "I still hold out some hope that we'll make more The Spectacular Spider-Man episodes, but of course that decision is way out of my hands..."

When asked to elaborate on the "done and over with" comment, Marvel
Animation President Eric Rollman told Marvel Animation Age that "no
decisions have been made either way" regarding the fate of the series,
adding that he appreciates the showing of support for The Spectacular Spider-Man. As of now, there appears to be no official confirmation on the status of The Spectacular Spider-Man, but stay tuned for further updates.

Their Source: http://forums.toonzone.net/showpost.php?p=3422283&postcount=432s

People you need to stop jumping to concussion just because someone from some place says something. It was never confirmed. For all you know that person wants this show to end. Or he was joking and no one got it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back