The new Spider-Man cartoon to air on the CW.

Hmmmm......there's a couple good points and a couple bad ones.

I'm not a fan of Spidey's blocked-head look....but I think it'll just take some getting used too.

I'm liking the animation though. It's almost a cross between CW's "The Batman" and a Gorillaz video. Either way...I like it. But the storytelling will be the main thing.

With the line "School's in session"...it makes me think that they're taking Spidey back to his roots and placing him in high school ala USM. I don't really have a problem with that.

With the line "School's in session"...it makes me think that they're taking Spidey back to his roots and placing him in high school ala USM. I don't really have a problem with that.

Good point. I thought it was just a phrase but thinking about it that makes perfect sense.

Looking at it like you and Ice mentioned Ultimate Spider-man , they had pumpkin bombs like 616 , Jameson's look reminded me more of films. They are taking elements of all the Spider-man stories and creating something new.

Thinking of it like that my faith in this has got even more. I also like fact it is actual comics villains unlike the mtv one who had like 3 comic villains the rest made up (though the psychic twins at the end were cool)

Thinking of all this add to the fact he will be able to punch is it possible this could be better than 90's? Maybe not. But if it's not it should be best series since 90's (though most hate Unlimited and Mtv so that might not be hard)

Good point. I thought it was just a phrase but thinking about it that makes perfect sense.

Looking at it like you and Ice mentioned Ultimate Spider-man , they had pumpkin bombs like 616 , Jameson's look reminded me more of films. They are taking elements of all the Spider-man stories and creating something new.

Thinking of it like that my faith in this has got even more. I also like fact it is actual comics villains unlike the mtv one who had like 3 comic villains the rest made up (though the psychic twins at the end were cool)

Thinking of all this add to the fact he will be able to punch is it possible this could be better than 90's? Maybe not. But if it's not it should be best series since 90's (though most hate Unlimited and Mtv so that might not be hard)

I'm just glad we'll have an actual Sinister Six.

http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=261&itemid=11507

the full SDCC 07 panel about this. It's a little long but worth it.

Some interesting things

• Shows Eddie Brock , Gwen , Harry and more.
  • Now this was 99% likely just a joke but after showing gwen he says "Shame dies in the first show" might be some truth to it though
  • pumpkin bombs scream when they explode.

and much much more , watch it , it's pretty damn interesting and has my psyched to see this even more (damn them getting me more more excited , I think i wont be able to wait)

Now this was 99% likely just a joke but after showing gwen he says "Shame dies in the first show" might be some truth to it though

Pretty sure its a joke i mean why spoil it?

i don't know about this. The artwork looks okay, but watching the trailer again, it has a little of that cloying faux-cool attitude that

-is barely appropriate for the character, in either Ult or 616.
-caters way too much to what Hollywood incorrectly thinks little kids want, and ALWAYS gets written badly. "Whooooaah! A scary dude with metal arms! What a rush!!" Not every superhero needs to be a peppy surfer in order to be compelling entertainment for children. see BTAS. also see 90's Spiderman.

It feels a little like the recent Fantastic 4 one that i couldn't get through one episode of.

But I'll give it a shot.

i don't know about this. The artwork looks okay, but watching the trailer again, it has a little of that cloying faux-cool attitude that

-is barely appropriate for the character, in either Ult or 616.
-caters way too much to what Hollywood incorrectly thinks little kids want, and ALWAYS gets written badly. "Whooooaah! A scary dude with metal arms! What a rush!!" Not every superhero needs to be a peppy surfer in order to be compelling entertainment for children. see BTAS. also see 90's Spiderman.

It feels a little like the recent Fantastic 4 one that i couldn't get through one episode of.

But I'll give it a shot.
You should totally be an extra in this show. :p

:lol:

New character layout pic.

Spectacular_Spider_man_by_cheeks_74.jpg

source: http://cheeks-74.deviantart.com/art/Spectacular-Spider-man-65169274

Still not a fan of the style, doesnt work for me, and the colors on Spidey's suit are too light

AND WHY THE **** DOES CONNER'S HAVE A ROBOTIC ARM!!!!

I now hate this

I like it. Minus the robot arm. Not much point in researching the regrowth of tissues if you've got a walnut cracker already attached.

And J Jonah Jameson looks like Hitler. :D

I loved the look of the CGI one from MTV. The voices were strange, and it was unfortunately tied to the movie continuity, but i thought it was a great style for the spidey...verse?

I loved how the mtv one looked , the series it self wasn't spider-man BUT it did have some redeeming qualities e.g look.

Still not a fan of the style, doesnt work for me, and the colors on Spidey's suit are too light

AND WHY THE **** DOES CONNER'S HAVE A ROBOTIC ARM!!!!

I now hate this

I know.

Eddie brock looks too happy.

...i'll still wach this but man.

Latest posts

Back