The Office (american version)

The webisodes are great. They've made my Thursday every Thursday all Summer. And yes, they will be included on the DVD along with 6 hours of features. It will be the greatest TV/DVD box set ever. It will be out three weeks from now. :crazy:

Meanwhile, Steve Carell is the frontrunner in the Best Actor in a Comedy Series race at the Emmy's and is probably their only lock to win.

Screw the emmy's.

Last night there was a semi-new Office on NBC. It was a preview for NBC's new fall schedule but it had about 7 or 8 original just-for-the-preview-show scenes with The Office (they "hosted"), and they were all more or less excellent. Hopefully they are online or will be included in the next box set.

I probably own about 25 TvDVD box sets, and I have to say, Office Season 2 is perhaps the greatest one yet. I'm writing a review of it for my school paper.

If you have a few minutes free, check out this professional online review and see what you think.

Also NBC put out a 1-800 number that you can call to get Dwight's away message (he's at the LOTR convention).

Did anyone else like the bit with The Office during the Emmy's? I liked how the hatch from LOST turned out to be a ceiling tile at Dunder Mifflin. Very Alice in Wonderland. Very funny.

ultimatedjf said:
Did anyone else like the bit with The Office during the Emmy's? I liked how the hatch from LOST turned out to be a ceiling tile at Dunder Mifflin. Very Alice in Wonderland. Very funny.

Yeah i loved that opening scene.... i don't suppose they put it on the season 2 dvd?
Cause tha would be awesome (like they did with the matrix parody from mtv movie awards)

Shihad said:
Yeah i loved that opening scene.... i don't suppose they put it on the season 2 dvd?
Cause tha would be awesome (like they did with the matrix parody from mtv movie awards)

The DVD had already been produced by the Emmy's airdate, plus a lot of the other shows weren't NBC-owned. The Emmy's 7 minute intro can still be found on NBC.com, though. I've watched it twice since it aired. :D

I thought the premiere was even better than last May's finale! I'm on such an Office high right now.

Way too many excellent moments to even begin to talk about. WAY too many.

6/5

Awesome-tastic.

I leave class 15 minutes early at 7:30 so I can be home in time to see the show. But some stupid kids decided to steal a car and the cops caught them and blocked off the area for about 20 minutes. So by the time I got home, I missed the show. :cry:

Last edited:
I leave class 15 minutes early at 7:30 so I can be home in time to see the show. But some stupid kids decided to steal a car and the cops caught them and blocked off the area for about 20 minutes. So by the time I got home, I missed the show. :cry:

1.99 on iTunes even if you can only watch it on your computer is worth it.

I've been thinking, and I think it's safe to say that this is in my top 5 episodes of the show so far, maybe even top 3.

I just downloaded the new one last night, and it was pretty good.

The office shenanigans were priceless (Dwights gay-dar, Jims new coworker freaking out about the jello), but I think the story is a little unsustainable with Jim and Pam apart. I really want to see that fixed in the next couple of episodes, the love story is starting to feel too streched out.

"Diwali" was by far the best of the season so far. Mindy Kaling (Kelly) has written a lot of great episodes. Oh, and those were her real parents playing Kelly's parents.

I have really big news, guys:

I met B. J. Novak (Ryan the former temp) today. And I got his autograph. And I chatted with him.

For 75 minutes.

more on this story to come......

I wouldn't say the best ever.....but it was damn good. For a minute---I hard to look real hard at Pam before I could tell it wasn't her.

But then again I don't watch the Office very much so....

Still....the best ever has to go to Walken's dancing opening monologue.

But Rainn did an awesome job. The Peeper! :lol:

Last edited:
I have really big news, guys:

I met B. J. Novak (Ryan the former temp) today. And I got his autograph. And I chatted with him.

For 75 minutes.

more on this story to come......

You win.

However...

I frequent a bar called T.A. Flannery's on Friday Nights now. It's the perfect quiet Irish Pub to go too for good conversation and good drink. Anyway, I was tellin' the owner and his son about how I'm from Scranton and the Office came up. Turns out Meredith from The Office is Owner, "Butch's" sister. Also turns out she's in Philadelphia for a festival this weekend. They told me I would have met her if I was at the bar a few hours earlier.

Today me and my buddy, Gerald, got out of work and braved the ****ty rain that's been coming down all day long. When we crossed the street of the convention center she was standing at the corner waiting for the light to change. I got her attention by saying the bar's name (also her last name) and only subtly mentioning the office once and talking mostly about the weather and her family we engaged in a few minute long conversation.

So yeah, I met Meredith from the office and hang out at a bar she's closely associated with.

Now if I can just get cable.

Latest posts

Back