The Office (american version)

I really want to see that fixed in the next couple of episodes, the love story is starting to feel too streched out.

This is my only real gripe with the US version. The romance is too long and stretched out to grab ratings, whereas, with the UK version which only ran for two very successful seasons and wasn't as concerned with something trivial like ratings, the romance was resolved effectively and in time to still be interesting.

This is my only real gripe with the US version. The romance is too long and stretched out to grab ratings, whereas, with the UK version which only ran for two very successful seasons and wasn't as concerned with something trivial like ratings, the romance was resolved effectively and in time to still be interesting.

i think they resolved it just in time... if they stretched it out any longer, THEN i'd have been worried.

I'm bumping this because the new season's about to start and I just watched all of season 3 (after only seeing a ahandful of the first two season's episodes), and I really love it. I even went out and bought the first two seasons on DVD.

I can't wait to see Ryan as the boss.

I'm concerned Jim and Pam being together might ruin part of the show, though.

I'm bumping this because the new season's about to start and I just watched all of season 3 (after only seeing a ahandful of the first two season's episodes), and I really love it. I even went out and bought the first two seasons on DVD.

I can't wait to see Ryan as the boss.

I'm concerned Jim and Pam being together might ruin part of the show, though.

The extras on the DVDs are worth the price alone. Probably the best extras of any DVD I have. (The commentaries could be better, however.)

Oh and don't worry about the Jim and Pam storyline; the writers are smart enough not to have/make it ruin the show in any way. (Yes, I've heard some things about the first few episodes...)

Of course, you can always just make fun of me if the show does suck come Thursday night. But only if it's because of Jim/Pam stuff.

The extras on the DVDs are worth the price alone. Probably the best extras of any DVD I have. (The commentaries could be better, however.)

Oh and don't worry about the Jim and Pam storyline; the writers are smart enough not to have/make it ruin the show in any way. (Yes, I've heard some things about the first few episodes...)

Of course, you can always just make fun of me if the show does suck come Thursday night. But only if it's because of Jim/Pam stuff.

As soon as Jim and Pam hook up their story is over. Whatever happens after hat is irrelevent and a detriment to what the show currently is. It might still be a great show, but that aspect of it will need to be dropped and the focus shifted.

As soon as Jim and Pam hook up their story is over. Whatever happens after hat is irrelevent and a detriment to what the show currently is. It might still be a great show, but that aspect of it will need to be dropped and the focus shifted.

If it does shift, it'll be a mixture between Dwight/Angela, Ryan and Karen with Michael dealing with Jill at his condo.

So... Pretty much the best premeire i've seen thusfar... Possibly one of the best Office episodes.

9/10 overall...

Mostly because of Dwight and Angela's stuff. And the opening bit with Meredith. And the resolution of the craziness between Pam and Jim.

Not spoiling **** yet, because I seem to be the only one who saw it...

But it looks like this show is actually getting better season by season. And I'm definitely going to be watching it every week.

As of last Sunday -- the day of the Emmys -- no Jim/Pam hook up scenes had been filmed. They were probably filming the third or fourth hour-long episode at that point.

Haha... It's funny because they totally do get together in the first episode and you made it sound like this was definitive.

IT WAS AWESOME!!!! I wonder what will actually happen with Karen. I don't think we've seen the last of her and I can't wait to see what gets explored with Michael and Jan. I knew Dwight was gonna kill the cat just by the look he gave when given the instructions for feeding it. 10/10 for an opener

Wow, I guess yet again I was the only one not overly impressed. It was okay, but probably one of my least favorite episodes of The Office. The first half was better than the second, which dragged a lot to me.

It was basically just set up with the characters and their new situation and I expect the season to be great, but this episode. . . enh.

Another classic Office episode.

Meanwhile: still craving Office? Entertainment Weekly's got you covered!

EW's Cover Story

Interview soundbites from the entire cast

2 exclusive videos: One of Jim and Pam (previously posted on UC yesterday) and one of Dwight and Angela

"Fun Run" review

Hope you enjoy the links.

Oh, and look out for the actual EW issue for this week. It includes 3 bonus covers. The four in total have Pam & Jim, Michael & Jan, Dwight & Angela, and Ryan & Kelly on them, respectively. I'll probably make them into one big poster or something.

Last edited:
I've never been an ABBA fan (I hated when my mom used to play it in the car), but this definitely goes into my list of Top 10 Office moments. Ed Helms is the man. Also, note the tiny smirk that Angela gives as she walks away.

I've never been an ABBA fan (I hated when my mom used to play it in the car), but this definitely goes into my list of Top 10 Office moments. Ed Helms is the man. Also, note the tiny smirk that Angela gives as she walks away.

Yeah, that was really cool. I know he was just doing it to try to get laid, but I thought it was a really romantic move on Andy's part, made especially so by how many people he did it in front of.

The actress who plays Angela Martin (that would be... Angela Kinsey) is pregnant. Congratulations are in order, but I'm worried that the writers, talented as they are (and they are some of television's best), are going to be forced to do something with this development on the show. It's one of those instances where they're so happy for their cast member, yet they potentially lose their creative control -- unless they decide to do the other silly thing, which would be to hide all signs of the pregnancy with oversize props and such.

I just recently started watching this show. Its awesome!!

My manager let me borrow the first two seasons on DVD, and me and my girlfriend tore through them. I'm now downloading the third season, and will do the same with the available fourth season episodes to catch up. This will definitely become a weekly watcher for me.

I just recently started watching this show. Its awesome!!

My manager let me borrow the first two seasons on DVD, and me and my girlfriend tore through them. I'm now downloading the third season, and will do the same with the available fourth season episodes to catch up. This will definitely become a weekly watcher for me.

i found them at www.shows-links.tv sometimes it doesn't work for me unless i google it. but it has a decent amount of episodes. some links are dead but they seem good about fixing them.

Latest posts

Back