The Office (american version)

I just torrent 'em. I'm about to watch some Season 3 now!

You're on Season 3, yet you didn't know who Michael Scott and Toby were in that other thread? *shakes head in disbelief*

The greatest part from the last episode was definitely when Toby tries to console Michael and Michael just pushes his lunch tray onto the floor mid sentence. :lol:

You're on Season 3, yet you didn't know who Michael Scott and Toby were in that other thread? *shakes head in disbelief*

The greatest part from the last episode was definitely when Toby tries to console Michael and Michael just pushes his lunch tray onto the floor mid sentence. :lol:

I only watched the first four episodes of Season 3 so far. And I honestly didn't know Michael's last name was Scott.

The actress who plays Angela Martin (that would be... Angela Kinsey) is pregnant. Congratulations are in order, but I'm worried that the writers, talented as they are (and they are some of television's best), are going to be forced to do something with this development on the show. It's one of those instances where they're so happy for their cast member, yet they potentially lose their creative control -- unless they decide to do the other silly thing, which would be to hide all signs of the pregnancy with oversize props and such.

Are you kidding me?! It's gonna be hilarious. Whose kid is it? Dwight's or Andy's? I can't wait.

While I was home (Scranton) for Thanksgiving my family had a few things to tell me about the convention that had passed in October. One of them being that Angela in person is a babe.

Angela on the show is a babe. That buttoned down sterness. . . mrow!

My roomate and I always debate the girls on the Office when we watch the show. I'm leaning towards being a Kelly man myself.

Angela on the show is a babe. That buttoned down sterness. . . mrow!

My roomate and I always debate the girls on the Office when we watch the show. I'm leaning towards being a Kelly man myself.

Stop denying that you find Creed the sexiest person on the show. You know you'd tap that.

kelly is ugly and even more annoying since she adopt her boyfriends attitudes. I loved when pam called her out on the ping pong. i thought she would be awesome and they both sucked. :lol: and the fact dwight's heroes were all ping pong players was not a shocker but even more funny.

This on Paramount here in uk , I decided I would give this another chance but after watching it's clear they have no idea what "The office" was supposed , no wonder our version is still the best.

And Ricky Gervais is still miles better than Steve Carell at the comedy / serious part of it and his charracter of David Brent is so much better than Michael Scott or what ever the crap boss on the u.s.a is

Yeah I wont make the mistake of checking this out again.

Kelly isn't ugly, and her fierce loyalty and commitment to her mate only serve to intrigue me further.

If you'd ever dated an Indian girl like that, you wouldn't think the same way.

:shock: Holy ****!

Anyway, Pam's hands-down the hottest.

I prefer it to what little of the UK version I've seen, and I respond to the livelier style of the US version more.

That was one of the many problems with the US version it's too lively. I mean the UK one was gritty and looked for the most part like a read documentry which was what the office was supposed to be

it was a Mockumentary (if that is the correct term) , I watch the US one and it is just like a normal US sitcom only with out a laugh track , The uk one was so like a documentry that some people were reported as believing it was real.

When it is like a sitcom like us one you except the comedy , When it is like a documentry which is the heart of the show you don't always see the comedy coming which means when it does it's so much funnier for it.

As well as that Steve Carell plays the boss like a typical sitcom boss , Ricky Gervais plays the boss in a way that is like that boss we have all had at least once , you know the type he just wants to be friend but he's a dork yet you laugh at his bad jokes because he's your boss , only turned up a notch.

The Uk one is more sophisticated in the way it is done and the comedy is not always obvious , Most of the best comedy in the uk one comes from the moments that make you stop and think then when you have it's unbelievably funny.

In essence it's like the US version took the UK version stripped everything that made it what it was and everything that made it unique and then put it out there

Imagine how you would feel if some realsed a film say Superman but superman didn't fly , wasn't from space , had no powers , never stopped crime or evil and yet they still called it Superman and claimed it was based on the comics

but I thought in order to be in top 5 it had to be good and and not a much crappier version of a Good comedy

ok seriously, our countries comedies differ. the office uk might not make a day here in the US and obviously the US version woulnd't stand a chance in the UK. I like both versions, moreso US because i'm familiar with most of the cast members. Not so much with the UK version and i think the connection to the cast and their acting profiles add to that.

There's is no way you could ever hate Dwight, and if you do I swear to God mole, I will kill you. DUN DUN DUN.

ok seriously, our countries comedies differ. the office uk might not make a day here in the US and obviously the US version woulnd't stand a chance in the UK. I like both versions, moreso US because i'm familiar with most of the cast members. Not so much with the UK version and i think the connection to the cast and their acting profiles add to that.

There's is no way you could ever hate Dwight, and if you do I swear to God mole, I will kill you. DUN DUN DUN.

1st) I don't like Dwight or any of the usa charracters

2nd) The different countries excuse could be used to defend another usa mae version of another countries franchise that was as good as they did the office and removed all the good parts of original .... i'm talking of course about the US film Godzilla

As the biggest Ricky Gervais fan here, I will easily say The Office UK is far superior to The Office US. However, that doesn't necessarily mean The Office US is in anyway a bad show. They're both different. UK has an overall story arc and once that is wrapped up, the show ends. They don't milk it. The US has chosen to go with a longer route, and apart from Season One, which was basically a copy of the UK Season One, they are almost completely different.

Ricky Gervais as David Brent is awesome. Steve Carell as David Brent isn't. However, Steve Carell as Michael Scott is great. Just think of them as different characters... which they are.

And Mole, as a big fan of the UK version, I was against the US version to begin with too. Especially since Season One seemed like a cheap ripoff... but as it goes on, it seems to evolve into it's own thing, and gets better. I recommend an episode called "The Convict", which is written by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant (the creators of the UK version). I watched this episode recently (after not watching much of the US version) and found it hilarious. This has encouraged me to watch more of the US version (possibly even buying further DVDs) and stop comparing it to the UK version.

They're both different. They're both good. We can have two versions (if you ignore the Brazilian, French, German, Icelandic, Portugese whathaveyous).

Latest posts

Back