The Office (american version)

I really didn't like it that much at all. It really annoyed me the way they turned Jan into a madcap character.

The episode really felt like a 'normal sitcom' instead of a documentary.

Agreed. It was definitely one of the weaker episodes.

Anyone else heard about this spin-off they're making? It seems very secretive at the moment; no one knows what it's about... I'm hoping it's just going to be another show with a similar format/style, as I don't want any of the cast to leave.

Anyone else heard about this spin-off they're making? It seems very secretive at the moment; no one knows what it's about... I'm hoping it's just going to be another show with a similar format/style, as I don't want any of the cast to leave.

Intriguing!

I hope it has the similar style of deadpan humour and the obvious mockumentary format; but I'd hope for a different situation. The Police Station, The Newspaper, etc.

How many new Office episodes are planned to be produced this season?

And I wonder if the spin-off might not center on Dwight. But God, taking Dwight away would ruin the regular Office show.

I don't want Dwight to leave either. I hope it's the Utica branch.

Eh, that might be a little too similar to the existing Office show. I'd imagine they'd at least try a somewhat different approach to the workplace for the show.

Besides, wasn't the Utica branch closed in the third season?

You're thinking the Stamford branch that Jim was transferred to. The boss used his promotion to get a job at Staples. So that branch close instead of the Scranton branch. I think Karen took over the Utica branch

You're thinking the Stamford branch that Jim was transferred to. The boss used his promotion to get a job at Staples. So that branch close instead of the Scranton branch. I think Karen took over the Utica branch

That's right. Utica branch is the one that was showed in "Branch Wars", where Michael and Dwight decided to play pranks on their office as retaliation for attempting to pirate Stanley to their side. Karen is their regional manager.

That's right. Utica branch is the one that was showed in "Branch Wars", where Michael and Dwight decided to play pranks on their office as retaliation for attempting to pirate Stanley to their side. Karen is their regional manager.

Thats right. Thanks. I haven't watched the third season since a bit after it aired (I DL the eps). I have the DVD set, but never got around to watching it again.

Still, it would be, for all intents and purposes, a carbon copy of the existing Office show, wouldn't it? I suppose there are certain elements that could be used to differentiate the show some, but at this point I'm not sure how this would work.

Thats right. Thanks. I haven't watched the third season since a bit after it aired (I DL the eps). I have the DVD set, but never got around to watching it again.

Still, it would be, for all intents and purposes, a carbon copy of the existing Office show, wouldn't it? I suppose there are certain elements that could be used to differentiate the show some, but at this point I'm not sure how this would work.

Well let's hope so. I don't want this to be just a conversion of Scranton. I doubt they'll put Karen (if this spin-off is about the Utica branch) in the forefront as their Michael Scott, because that is impossible since she's way too normal.

Well let's hope so. I don't want this to be just a conversion of Scranton. I doubt they'll put Karen (if this spin-off is about the Utica branch) in the forefront as their Michael Scott, because that is impossible since she's way too normal.

Of course, they could create an Odd Couple type chemistry by casting an off-kilter weirdo (a Michael Scott of a different ilk, if you will) to play off Karen's more straight-edge character.

"Chair Model" was absolutely brilliant. 9/10.

I was wrong about the interest being sapped out of Pam and Jim now that they're together. Way wrong.

The latest episode was brilliant. Poor Jim. :D

Great episode. Lots of good character moments. Go Stanley.

Latest posts

Back