The Quentin Tarantino Thread

Inglorious Bastards has been split into two movies, I hear. Some of the people that he's going to cast (I've heard) are Sam Jackson, John Travolta, Tim Roth, Casey Affleck, Brad Pitt, and Bruce Willis. So, pretty much his regulars plus Pitt and Affleck... Don't know if any of this is true, however.
Ugh. I was kind of hoping he'd avoid "the regulars".

If he does use the actors mentioned, then I hope he can come up with a halfway decent explanation for why WWII soldiers are being played by a bunch of middle-aged men.
Oooo. Sounds cool.

I have the Inglorious Bastards script... this is going to be so tempting to read all of it. But I mustn't. I shall not be weak.

Actually, I would rather read the 600 page version which seems like it was going to be a completely different story to this current one.

I have the Inglorious Bastards script... this is going to be so tempting to read all of it. But I mustn't. I shall not be weak.

Actually, I would rather read the 600 page version which seems like it was going to be a completely different story to this current one.

How do you get these things???

I heard that this is going to be a "masterpiece." There's also a side story about some Jewish kid.

I browsed through IMDB until I found a guy who had uploaded the file. Don't trust the ones who will supposedly e-mail it to you.

Seems like an interesting movie. Looks like he wants Pitt for a crazier role... I hope its just like his part in Twelve Monkeys.

I've read the first three chapters because it's so addictive. Tarantino has such a way with dialogue it's like impossible to stop reading. So far, it's really good and really different. I'm pretty sure this is all going to depend on who he casts for Shosanna, because she plays a vital role.

So I finished the script... spoilers for the whole movie, so don't be a fool and read 'em:

It's a really good script but it's completely different to the Inglorious Bastards I thought it would be. It's like they're supporting characters in their own movie. All the people who thought it was just going to be a remake of the original Inglorious Bastards were wrong, though I think I would have preferred it if it was a remake. I wanted to see them blowing up a Nazi train, infiltrating a castle... doing more stuff. They didn't really do that much. The thought bubble bit will be neat. I loved Hitler being blown up in the cinema. I wish more movies wouldn't be afraid of changing history. And the last line... damn you, Tarantino, you smug bastard.

Last edited:
Now Tarantino is trying to get Leonardo DiCaprio to play the Nazi character called "The Jew Hunter". This could mean we'll see Brad Pitt facing off against Leonardo DiCaprio. He really wants this to be his epic masterpiece.

I'm betting that the script is a fake. There's no way that Tarantino would let it slip out this soon.

I believe most of his scripts have been leaked long before they're filmed. Kill Bill definitely was.

Interesting that he doesn't give a ****.

Anyway, I'd love to see this movie make me actually like Leo, if he's cast as the villain.

Inglorious Bastards is developing the strangest, most awesome cast I could have imagined.

Brad Pitt and Hostel-Director Eli Roth have signed on officially to the project.

As for the rest of the cast? This is what seems to be shaping up:

nastassja-kinski-cat-people-3.jpg

Nastassja Kinski

tn2_bj_novak_3.jpg

BJ Novak

david-krumholtz-20060925-163600.jpg

David Krumholtz

And best of all,

11015699_ori.jpg

SIMON PEGG!!!!!

Three or four major roles are still up in the air, and then we'll start hearing about the tarantino regulars in cameo bits.

I'm pretty sure Brad Pitt, B.J. Novak and Eli Roth are the only confirmed ones so far. I hadn't even read about Pegg, Krumholtz or the chick.

Simon Pegg had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. I just posted a thing about it in the All About Movies thread.

Apparently David Krumholtz is off as well.

At least we've got Mike Myers:?

Last edited:
There's no way Bastards will be better than Pulp or Dogs. Kill Bill wasn't even that great compared to Pulp and Dogs. Death Proof was all right, for what it was meant to be. Obviously, Pulp was his masterpiece (it was nominated for like, 7 Oscars, including Best Film).

Last edited:
Apparently Samuel L. Jackson is going to be the narrator in Inglorious Bastards. This is awesome.

Latest posts

Back