The Smoking Thread

I just don't deal well with self-righteous little turds talking down to me because I smoke.

Listen and listen well, I need to hear your opinions on my smoking about as much as you need to get kicked in the head. And don't think that the two are unrelated because I have rage control issues.

Let's all hear it for McCancer.

i couldn't resist. I haven't teased you in a while.

I smoke but it's not big and not clever........ but man does it feel good when you have that first drag of the day !!

I smoke a brand called Kensitas Club (UK ciggie)

Roughly 10 a day so I'm not too bad !!

Were they laughing at you or at the girl that smacked you with the US History textbook
I was also confused at when the laughter started.
They started laughing when I made the Tabacco Tax joke, which pissed this chick off, so she hit me with her English textbook.
how much Washington State hates Smokers:

• We have the highest tax on smokes, with a pack of reds over 5.00, only the CITY of NY is higher

• we can't smoke in a public place

• we have be 25 feet a way from a door or window to smoke aka in the street

• if you throw a but out the window and get caught its a $101 fine
  • we also pay a +/- 8% sales tax on top of the state tax
  • my college just went smoke free, aka can't smoke ANYWHERE on campus
California had a proposition on the book that would add a $2.60 per pack tax on cigarettes. It failed which made me sad. I love seeing people getting financially reemed to feed their addictions.

My college has smoking benches. You can only smoke within 20 feet of the benches. No really cares about where they're aloud to smoke.

California had a proposition on the book that would add a $2.60 per pack tax on cigarettes. It failed which made me sad. I love seeing people getting financially reemed to feed their addictions.

I was kinda hoping it would pass. :cry:
Paying that much for a pack would almost force me to quit.
Or at least make me think about it.

Shut Up! It's not as if we don't know it's bad for us

The fact that you know it's bad for you, and much more importantly, others just makes you all the dumber for smoking.

and it's really not that easy to just throw out your smokes.

If only you had had the option not to take up a habit that you knew was deadly, expensive, and addictive in the first place!

There's just no right answer!:roll:

no one---has the right to look down or make a comment about someone who smokes

Yeah, they do, because a smoker's selfish habit is harming other people than themselves.

......especially if you've never smoked yourself. And I'm not talking about you smoked a pack once---I'm talking you smoked so long that it's an addiction.

Excuse me, but bull****.

Smokers who whine that they can't quit and that you have no idea how hard it is are worse than Emos.

The simple fact is, you knew it would be hard to quit when you made the decision take the habit up.

I just don't deal well with self-righteous little turds talking down to me because I smoke.p

Listen, I want to make something absolutely clear:

Although I think smokers are foolish for pouring money into an extremely unhealthy addiction with nothing to show for it, I could care less what you do to yourself.

I'm against smoking for the simple reason that Second. Hand. Smoke. Hurts. And. Kills. Other. People.

Smokers always seem to change the subject when you bring this up, because there's absolutely no way to justify it.

It's like with alcoholics. You want to be hammered all the time and ruin your life? Fine. That's your choice.

But the minute you start beating your family and driving into oncoming traffic because you're drunk, we've got a problem.

Last edited:
I fear this thread is going to turn out like the old Drinking thread... that is, annihilated from existence.

What's quiting smoking like? I've know several people who have quit and even more who have tried to and they all say it's the hardest thing they've ever done. I don't know how that could be true. I'm not saying it isn't. It's just that I don't know how with draw from an addiction could be so hard as to be the hardest thing they've ever done.

I'm against smoking for the simple reason that Second. Hand. Smoke. Hurts. And. Kills. Other. People.
Yes, second hand smoke killed my father and raped my mother.
So...a lot, then?
You need to get kicked in the head? Tell you what, you let me kick you in the head as hard as I can and if you regain consciousness I'll let you tell me how dumb it is to smoke.

Maybe not, but it's killing my grandmother as we speak.

You need to get kicked in the head? Tell you what, you let me kick you in the head as hard as I can and if you regain consciousness I'll let you tell me how dumb it is to smoke.

Whoops, I thought you said you need my opinions as much as YOU need a kick in the head.

Heh, editing.

At any rate, you don't wanna hear my opinions? No one's got a gun to your head.

I don't smoke, but I carry a Zippo. Is that as strange as people act like it is?
I think its all those mysterious fires in the area and the way you stare at the flame hypnotically and say "YESSS. YEEEESSSS..." when you hear about them.
and moonmaster like i told doc, look into the chi arts, most well known is the tai chi arts. this well really help you know your body better and help you control your breathing. i have what i call, minior ADD meaning i have have to be doing 5 things at one time or im not contempt. but after learning even a few of the breathing arts of chi i was able to quickly calm myself down.

now i smoke cuz its another bad habit, like Mt. Dew.
I'll look into it.
Is smoking really veiwed as cool or sexy? For me, no, but does anyone else think this way?
A few weeks ago, this girl I've liked for a long time came up to me with a cigarette in her hand and for some reason I found it impossibly sexy.
I just don't deal well with self-righteous little turds talking down to me because I smoke.

Listen and listen well, I need to hear your opinions on my smoking about as much as you need to get kicked in the head. And don't think that the two are unrelated because I have rage control issues.
:lol:
I smoke but it's not big and not clever........ but man does it feel good when you have that first drag of the day !!
I too love that first drag of the day.

crossdresser.jpg

Second-hand smoke kicked me in the balls and took my lunch money.

Settle children. Keep it polite.

Unless you're a kid and you have the whole peer pressure thing going on, it doesn't make any sense to pick up smoking.
Did any of you guys ever actually have any peer pressure? It was different for me because I'm from a mountain populated almost exclusively by dirty hippies with all that implies but did you ever really have any desire to smoke because it was cool?

The fact that you know it's bad for you, and much more importantly, others just makes you all the dumber for smoking.

If only you had had the option not to take up a habit that you knew was deadly, expensive, and addictive in the first place!

There's just no right answer!:roll:

Yeah, they do, because a smoker's selfish habit is harming other people than themselves.

Excuse me, but bull****.

Smokers who whine that they can't quit and that you have no idea how hard it is are worse than Emos.

The simple fact is, you knew it would be hard to quit when you made the decision take the habit up.

Listen, I want to make something absolutely clear:

Although I think smokers are foolish for pouring money into an extremely unhealthy addiction with nothing to show for it, I could care less what you do to yourself.

Smokers always seem to change the subject when you bring this up, because there's absolutely no way to justify it.

It's like with alcoholics. You want to be hammered all the time and ruin your life? Fine. That's your choice.

But the minute you start beating your family and driving into oncoming traffic because you're drunk, we've got a problem.

Great post, Planet-Man.

I only have one friend who smokes, but she's not technically a friend since I don't hang out with her, so at least I know none of my best buds at school are going to die at an earlier age because of drugs the choose to use. Hi-Five!

Scientific fact: If you quit before you turn thirty, there are almost no long term negative health problems.

I would say that about 75% of my good friends smoke, but personally, i feel it would be a waste of my time and money. I really dont mind it, but I dont agree with it either.

Scientific fact: If you quit before you turn thirty, there are almost no long term negative health problems.
I've got to hear your source on that tidbit. Other than the fact that it's a gross generalization, I have a hard time believing a scientific body would come to that kind of conclussion.

My father smokes, but only one or two a day when he does smoke- and never near anyone. Always outside on the porch or in the backyard. My mother smoked for a while but quite some 12+ years back.

Great post, Planet-Man.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

A lot of the other people here are acting like jerks, especially if you look at the responses to the second-hand smoke argument even after I mentioned that whether or not second-hand smoke kicked Moony in the nuts, it's still killing my grandmother.

I guarantee that you'll never, ever see a smoker give a straight answer to that comment, and that says volumes more than I ever could.

Latest posts

Back