The Social Thread: Houde Ain't Gettin' Some Tonight

Physically and Mentally I'm wrecked. I wouldn't even wish this much pain on the watcher.

At least there's a limit on your hate for me. The only reason I hate you is cause your a jerk to me all the time. And until you put me on your ignore list, you never let up for a even second. You can't treat someone like crap and not expect a little crap to come your way. If you were nice to me once in a while I'd back off. That said, I am sorry for your pain. My dad had the same problem a couple of times. Both times surgery was the answer. You may want to consider that...

Physically and Mentally I'm wrecked. I wouldn't even wish this much pain on the watcher.

You waited too long to have kids. You have to have them early so they keep you in peak physical condition, like me. As you get older, you have to have more so you don't have to go through things like this.

Eventful day.

Got a cortizone shot in my spine, followed by an MRI

And guess who panicked in the MRI

This guy.

Those machines are ****ing insane. Massive amounts of noise, limited (in my case, extremely limited) amount of space to move around in, and dark makes Nathan go bonkers. I didn't even last a minute in that machine.

So I'm going to an open MRI on Monday.

Eventful day.

Got a cortizone shot in my spine, followed by an MRI

And guess who panicked in the MRI

This guy.

Those machines are ****ing insane. Massive amounts of noise, limited (in my case, extremely limited) amount of space to move around in, and dark makes Nathan go bonkers. I didn't even last a minute in that machine.

So I'm going to an open MRI on Monday.

Yeah, I never thought I was claustrophobic until I had an MRI, then they jammed me in a metal tube and told me not to move for a half an hour. Half way through the tech have me a contrast injection and screwed it up so badly my entire inner elbow was purple. All I knew at the time was it hurt and I couldn't look.

Terrible experience.

Congrats

I finally got that MRI done. This time is was in an "open" MRI machine, which is a MRI that is a flat disc above and below you, then open on the sides, so you can stretch out your arms and look around. It's much better than the closed MRI. And they let me listen to music, the other one was nothing but me. And I get bored quite easily.

But hey, it's done. My leg is feeling better after the shot, though now it acts like a dead leg. If it does become a dead leg, I'm going to go all House in this mother.

Also, I'm looking for a decent paint program for my Mac. Something more organic than Paintbrush. Any ideas?

Does everyone see Christian dating site ads on here, or is it just me?

EDIT: okay, this thread has an ad for publishing Christian books. It's got to just be me. The internet is getting smarter.

Do you remember when everything looked like this?

Last edited:
Does everyone see Christian dating site ads on here, or is it just me?

EDIT: okay, this thread has an ad for publishing Christian books. It's got to just be me. The internet is getting smarter.

Google changes how they displayed a while back. The formula includes a combination of your browser history and the content if the page you are viewing.

It's been a bitter sweet week. We recently found out my grandma has a cancerous tumour on her stomach. She's sort of the family matriarch and it's been a rough few days. (That's the bitter part) However, it hasn't spread, so they're going to try chemo. Poor lady.

In much better news, I'm leaving on Sunday to visit my girlfriend in Scotland (she's going to school near Glasgow). I'm pretty pumped about that.

It's been a bitter sweet week. We recently found out my grandma has a cancerous tumour on her stomach. She's sort of the family matriarch and it's been a rough few days. (That's the bitter part) However, it hasn't spread, so they're going to try chemo. Poor lady.

Thoughts and prayers...glad they are able to treat it.

thanks E, this has been a rough day. I got a phone call from my mom today, she was in tears. The oncologist told my uncle that my grandma's bowels had shut down and they couldn't treat it and she had a month tops. So I went to the hospital (my mom and dad live in another town and couldn't go) and was there with my aunt, uncle, cousin, and grandma for a few hours. Then the cancer surgeon came in and was talking to us and he said that her bowels hadn't shut down. According to him the cancer is still inoperable and untreatable, but that she has probably 6 months to a year.

I've heard stories about all the conflicting info you get when dealing with cancer. It's really emotionally draining to actually live through it.

All my family are Christians and my gran's faith is strong. She's not afraid to die because she knows what's next. She's not looking forward to declining and having to live in palliative care, though. We're all hoping she doesn't suffer too much. And of course we're going to miss her.

Sorry to hear that Cap. And you're right about the various timelines/outlooks you get with cancer. My ex gf's father was diagnosed with brain cancer last year, and they gave him only a few months. He ended up lasting over a year from his diagnosis, and passed only a few weeks ago. So you never know. I wish her all the best.

A year ago my son was born.

I feel I am a better man cause of it. Odd. I fought the whole thing throughout the whole pregnancy, but when it came I stepped up. And hard, so hard I Threw out my own back!

And sorry to hear that Cap, but at least she isn't afraid. The worst is when they are afraid, they cling to life for too long when they are, like my grandfather was.

Good God...my wife is so pregnant. She's only a week away from her due date but she (and everyone else) assumed she'd have the baby like 2wks ago cuz she's so small and had her last kid at 36wks. He was the standard 6pound baby and just ready to come.

MY son however, is staying put and just getting fatter. Docs assume he's about 8pounds by now...and could technically stay in there another 2wks. And at this point they gain about a pound a week. So my 5'0" wife is worried she's gonna have to push out my 10pound man-child who'll be born with teeth, the ability to crawl already and stubble.

Latest posts

Back