The Social Thread: Houde Ain't Gettin' Some Tonight

I missed Free Comic Book Day because my son was in a Science Olympiad for his school district. It was pretty great.

A number of months ago he was picked to participate and picked which 2 events he wanted to do. He didn't get either of them, and instead one of the events he was picked for was Rubber Band Catapult. Parents coach one of the events and that's the one I was picked to coach.

We had to plan and build a catapult (we never figured out why they called it a catapult; it's just a device for firing rubber bands) and test it, gathering data for distances from 4-8 meters in half meter increments. There were two competitions - the district competition, which we placed 2nd out of 12 schools a few weeks ago, and the county competition, which we placed 6th out of 45 schools Saturday.

Lots of work but it was a pretty great experience.

My new son is born...Chance Grayson.

null_zpsbabbcb71.jpg

And Meg didn't realize I took the name from HUMAN TARGET Christopher Chance until she was already in love with it. :D

Michael Douglas, Diane Keaton, and Rob Reiner are in my city shooting some scenes for a movie! I'm told where they're shooting is about a 10-minute walk from my house. I'd go check it out now, but it's pouring outside now and who knows if they're even shooting with this weather.

Michael Douglas, Diane Keaton, and Rob Reiner are in my city shooting some scenes for a movie! I'm told where they're shooting is about a 10-minute walk from my house. I'd go check it out now, but it's pouring outside now and who knows if they're even shooting with this weather.

If you see Michael Douglas, ask him about the "going down on Catherine Zeta-Jones gave me throat cancer" excuse. I always thought that'd cure cancer, personally.

Last edited:
I miss this place. Also, how has it been two years and we still haven't reached 1,000 posts. How long must I wait until Houde starts getting some?

Today I accidentally got my hand caught in a stream of some high pressure water. Really shredded it up, hurts like hell. But on the plus side my hand looks pretty bad ass all bandaged up.

Latest posts

Back