The Social Thread: Houde Ain't Gettin' Some Tonight

So I'm going to my first ever comic convention next week. I'm only going for the evening on the first day and just to the main exhibition hall, and it's only fan expo Toronto, but still, it's my first one and I'm pumped!

A Canadain comic expo?... What is that a display case full of the Captain Canuck and the Beaver kid comics.

So I'm going to my first ever comic convention next week. I'm only going for the evening on the first day and just to the main exhibition hall, and it's only fan expo Toronto, but still, it's my first one and I'm pumped!

Man, the guest list was unbelievable last year(Stan Lee even came!) but I couldn't go. I went the year before and it was pretty sweet. Autographs are way too expensive but even just seeing people like Leonard Nimoy and Billy Dee Williams from a few feet away was awesome. I would've payed the $35 or whatever to meet Bruce Campbell but his "autograph tickets"(still not sure how those work) had sold out already and he wasn't arriving until 5pm after I left. Also got to see Leslie Nielsen speak at a panel, which was so great.

I'm gonna try to go again this year but probably just earlier in the day on the first day. Malcolm McDowell's the main one I wanna meet this year, hopefully get my DVD of Time After Time signed. I could see myself shelling out to meet Shatner as well but that'll probably be harder(edit: nvm, he's only there on Sunday). Might see you there!

Last edited:
A Canadain comic expo?... What is that a display case full of the Captain Canuck and the Beaver kid comics.
Yeah, I want to get the issue where Captain Canuck saves Kristen Kreuk from being run over by a runaway pick up truck.

Man, the guest list was unbelievable last year(Stan Lee even came!) but I couldn't go. I went the year before and it was pretty sweet. Autographs are way too expensive but even just seeing people like Leonard Nimoy and Billy Dee Williams from a few feet away was awesome. I would've payed the $35 or whatever to meet Bruce Campbell but his "autograph tickets"(still not sure how those work) had sold out already and he wasn't arriving until 5pm after I left. Also got to see Leslie Nielsen speak at a panel, which was so great.

I'm gonna try to go again this year but probably just earlier in the day on the first day. Malcolm McDowell's the main one I wanna meet this year, hopefully get my DVD of Time After Time signed. I could see myself shelling out to meet Shatner as well but that'll probably be harder(edit: nvm, he's only there on Sunday). Might see you there!

I'm only there Thursday afternoon, and if I do see you there, I have no clue what you look like, so...

Yeah, I want to get the issue where Captain Canuck saves Kristen Kreuk from being run over by a runaway pick up truck.

Oh, you mean that dream sequence issue. Where not only that happens but, people outside of Canada thinks what a Canadain thinks matters...

Silly Caunuk nobody cares what a Canadain thinks...

Last edited:
the watcher said:
Oh, you mean that dream sequence issue. Where not only that happens but, people outside of Canada thinks what a Canadain thinks matters...

Silly Caunuk nobody cares what a Canadain thinks...

Watcher, I mean this in the nicest way possible - but that joke will never not be funny. ESPECIALLY when Cap says it, because he wasn't even here for it. I'm just trying to help you out here: you will never successfully deflect when that joke comes up.

And I mean this in the nicest way possible too. I know you hate the joke, so I've actually stopped using it. BUT if you take a cheap shot at me, I'm going to pull it out EVERY time. Mostly because Kristin Kreuk is from Canada, which makes it the perfect comeback.

As always, no hard feelings bud.

Watcher, I mean this in the nicest way possible - but that joke will never not be funny. ESPECIALLY when Cap says it, because he wasn't even here for it. I'm just trying to help you out here: you will never successfully deflect when that joke comes up.

What if I create a grft of TGO, Houde and Ice doing the lambada in thongs?... All I would need is some thongs, DIrshB's extra special brownies and a camera.

Ha, remember the first time DIrishB ate those brownies and he thought Ice was an alien bent on world domination. Stole a bait car and came after him... Lucky for Ice it wore off before anything bad happened.... well anything bad happened to him.

Here's the video.

[video=youtube;zyyphuxM8Xg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyyphuxM8Xg[/video]

And I mean this in the nicest way possible too. I know you hate the joke, so I've actually stopped using it. BUT if you take a cheap shot at me, I'm going to pull it out EVERY time. Mostly because Kristin Kreuk is from Canada, which makes it the perfect comeback.

As always, no hard feelings bud.

Arn't are any hard feelings. I was just joking.

Last edited:

So I went tonight. Like I said, it was only the first evening so it wasn't in full swing and I didn't go to any of the panels, but it was fun to walk around. I bought some tpbs and the Prosperity expansion to the game Dominion.

I'm going to have to try to go for real next year.

Last edited:
I went today. As soon as Malcolm McDowell saw my Time After Time DVD he goes "Now there's a good movie!"(everybody else I saw in line had either Clockwork Orange or Star Trek stuff). We talked a bit about it and he was very friendly and cool, as was Lance Henriksen who it seriously felt like I'd known for ages within seconds of meeting him. Very impressed. Got him and Michael Biehn to each sign my Terminator DVD. Biehn was pretty mellow but still really cool meeting him. I can't get over McDowell and Henriksen, though. So cool. Also got a few more LOTR figures real cheap. I've been slowly building the Fellowship for years. Just Gimli, Legolas and Merry to go now!

I went today. As soon as Malcolm McDowell saw my Time After Time DVD he goes "Now there's a good movie!"(everybody else I saw in line had either Clockwork Orange or Star Trek stuff). We talked a bit about it and he was very friendly and cool, as was Lance Henriksen who it seriously felt like I'd known for ages within seconds of meeting him. Very impressed. Got him and Michael Biehn to each sign my Terminator DVD. Biehn was pretty mellow but still really cool meeting him. I can't get over McDowell and Henriksen, though. So cool. Also got a few more LOTR figures real cheap. I've been slowly building the Fellowship for years. Just Gimli, Legolas and Merry to go now!

Aw, that's so awesome. I can just imagine McDowell saying that, too.

So Hurricane Irene is supposed to pass through my city and all of Connecticut and up tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be as bad as it's being said, but just incase: be safe everyone on the East Coast! Not panicking, but still telling everyone to be safe and careful.

I am on twitter as Bass_Wakil if anyone wants to follow me. I don't intend to tweet much after the initial couple of days of "introductory tweets" as it were.

I got a birthday cake last night for my birthday Sunday. I ate the cake, but around the frosting.

I was told I was weird for this.

Now, I know I'm weird for alot of things, but how is not eating frosting weird? I hate frosting, it gets in the way of the cake itself. I especially hate buttercream frosting, and how everyone tells me it's the best thing since sliced bread.

NOTHING IS BETTER THAN SLICED BREAD *******S!

There are lots of time I don't eat the frosting myself, mostly because some people make it too damn sugary and sweet. Makes me throw it up.

Can't Sleep, I've only have a hour of sleep in the last 24 hours. My body wants to sleep but my eyes just won't stay shut.

I got a birthday cake last night for my birthday Sunday. I ate the cake, but around the frosting.

I was told I was weird for this.

Now, I know I'm weird for alot of things, but how is not eating frosting weird? I hate frosting, it gets in the way of the cake itself. I especially hate buttercream frosting, and how everyone tells me it's the best thing since sliced bread.

NOTHING IS BETTER THAN SLICED BREAD *******S!

I get the same crap for not eating the crust and breading at pizza buffet's. When all is said and done, I've saved myself about 500 calories from bread alone.

The following is a slightly paraphrased exchange from my college class.

Classmate: I want to see Grocer Man do the full monty.
Teacher: Do you know what a full monty is?
Classmate: No.

Latest posts

Back