Spider-Man The Superior Spider-Man (Slott/Stegman/Delgado) SPOILERS

Re: The Superior Spider-Man (Slott/Stegman/Delgado)

From the Spider-Man panel:

"We've told everybody that this is not Peter Parker," Dan Slott says. "Because at Marvel, we like stories that end," Wacker jokes. "It's been 50 years, and, enough already."

"We're not saying that Peter Parker is dead or tired, maybe he's still in the book," Slott says. "We're not saying that. But maybe."

Jackal made another clone trying to improve on spider-man

the guys all about ego strokes so he's crazy enough to do it

Ben Reilly 2.0 is my bet

Re-mutated Alpha...

That's a pretty solid guess. I was thinking maybe Kaine but only because he's kind of doing that already.

I just read an interview with Wacker at Newsarama. It's mostly just rhetoric about fan reactions and how far back this story has been planned, and the nature of Spider-Man comics, but there was a bit at the end that caught my attention.

Wacker: It would be very presumptuous to assume ASM #698 gave you a final answer to anything.

Hey before I go... Anyone know anything about "Cardiac"?

Remember Cardiac?

406px-Wezqu--Cardiac_Head.jpg

Maybe he actually takes over as the Superior Spider-Man...

ugh.

Last edited:

A couple months ago I heard a rumor that Miguel O'hara was going to be the new Spider-Man... I think I would of like that much better that Doc Ock or Cardiac.

Cardiac...why? Who cares? He was a crap d-list nobody around the time of the "return" of Peter's "parents"...has he even been mentioned since?

A couple months ago I heard a rumor that Miguel O'hara was going to be the new Spider-Man

Yeah...wasn't this pretty much revealed to be a red herring? I thought I read it was fake info posted on Twitter.

I mean on one level it makes sense. If Peter has Ock's memories, then it should go the other way too. But they REALLY didn't need to go there. SHM

Cardiac...why? Who cares? He was a crap d-list nobody around the time of the "return" of Peter's "parents"...has he even been mentioned since?

Yeah...wasn't this pretty much revealed to be a red herring? I thought I read it was fake info posted on Twitter.

Yeah, but red herring or not. I'd still prefer O'hara over the rest.

That wouldn't even make sense though, since Miguel O'Hara is from the year 2099.

Not that any of this is any better.

Yeah, but red herring or not. I'd still prefer O'hara over the rest.

I actually totally agree with you, at least from the list of candidates that people have put together. The only ones I'd prefer over him are Peter or Kaine.

That wouldn't even make sense though, since Miguel O'Hara is from the year 2099.

You should know better than to think that means anything.

Well 2099 spidey was an Exile for a while and we know they can be dumped off into 616.

Latest posts

Back