The Ultimates 2 #6 Discussion (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Let down by Millar, Finally.

I hate The Defenders. They were nothing, they didn't even have to be in the issue. Every single one of them was a joke, which was kind of the point. I hated them though and didn't find it ammusing at all. Hopefully some of them will get the chance to obtain powers later on *cough Luke Cage cough cough*. Althought he was a waste, Black Knight made me chuckle a bit.

Two Androids? Did someone tell Millar that we already had an Ultimate Vision? I mean I'm glad Ultimate Ultron is progressing but what are we going to do with two Visions? One of them is just going to have to die out somehow and personally I like both of their origin stories so far.

All right now onto the good stuff. Hank Pym's character is perfect. The man is trying and he's still making his mistakes along the way. Just like any normal human being would. Loved the scene with Captain America walking up to him like all tough like that. Though, I don't like how Captain America is being portrayed there. Pym's heart's in the right place I guess and he's trying and just keeps getting knocked on his ***.

THE TRAITOR!! Now Pym's in on it too? There's still no advancements on who it could be just a hand pouring coffee. I hope Pym knows what he's gettin into though.

All in all... I didn't care for it much

Sounds awesome .. 14 days for me to get this .. cool ^^

Can you spoil me, please? I like the fact that you chopped everything up, but I'd like a run down of events. ;) I know I may be asking for too much, but I would do it for you in a second, MWOF.

Ehh, the first issue of this volume that I've been underwhelmed by. Even so, there are some great little things in it -- the clippings/comic book covers on the wall of the apartment are great.

Pretty sure my guess for the traitor has been made wrong, though some of my dark horse candidates have moved up.

ur right

It wasnt very interesting...i was kinda bored and i was upset about kicking pym while is down....but him being in bed so to speak with the traitor is a nice development

I'd agree. The issue was a tad lacking. But I still enjoyed it. For awhile thou, I thought I was reading GLA. And I belive he was sleeping with Valkyrie and not the traitor. I might have missed something.
Synopsis:
Basically Hank is invited on the Defenders. He meets the team; Valkyrie, Power man, Son of Stan, Hellcat, Black Knight, and Nighthawk. Giant-man ends up sleeping with Valkyrie. Afterward he meets with Nick Fury with a proposal: his two robots, Ultron and Vision Two [so Millar acknowledged that Ultimate Nightmare happened]. Fury rejects them. He is then greeted by Janet who shows some affaection towards him. Cap buts it in a bully fashion while [best part of thw whole thing] it seems Wanda is checking out the Vison Two robot. The defenders flop big time. There first mission out Darkhawk gets pum in the hosptial and Hank's naked butt is attached to the front page of the Bugle paper. Then Hank learns through the tratior who is visting him that the Ultimates just leveld a small nation.

well, I enjoyed this issue. I liked just how bad the Defenders were. and what really made it funny, was just how darn earnest they were. oh man, that was good stuff.

as for Pym. yeah, he's a wife beating scum-bag, but damn is he bright. whew, ultron and vision two, ant man, giant man formula. as the kids say, he got mad skillz. Fury you are an idiot.

as for the traitor. I am leaning towards Cap for several reasons. out all the team, I think Cap is the one that would be most perturbed by the actions of government. Yeah, Cap fights to win, but he doesn't strike me as a fan of pre-emptive strike just cause some country may threaten America. also, on a tactical note, he would appreciate Pym's technical assistance.

slimjim said:
Can not wait for this.

Do you need to be introduced to the temptation of looking at unlettered black- and-white pencil and inks for the issue, or should I keep that temptation to myself until you can get the full issue? You DO get the full nude giant Pym in the pencils...

Ultxon said:
I'd agree. The issue was a tad lacking. But I still enjoyed it. For awhile thou, I thought I was reading GLA. And I belive he was sleeping with Valkyrie and not the traitor. I might have missed something.

I think the previous comment about sleeping with the enemy wasn't referring to Valkyrie, but to the fact that the traitor has revealed himself(?) to Pym. in fact they were cozy enough to be sharing coffee.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Did someone tell Millar that we already had an Ultimate Vision?

Probably why he called him Vision Two.

This issue was nowhere near the epic that the first 5 have been, but I don't think that makes it bad. It was a good issue and I liked the interaction among the Defenders, particularly Pym and Valkarie - that was very interesting to make them not only having a little fling, but giving her a weird superhero fetish.

I'm not sure what the heroes were doing there at the end or what the mystery traitor was talking about - any guesses?

I'm not sure what the heroes were doing there at the end or what the mystery traitor was talking about - any guesses?

For some reason I thught it was Thor at first [which dosen't make much since]. Then i thought it was Banner which dosen't make much since either. In other words I'm clueless. At the back of my mind, I'm thinking jan.

UltimateE said:
Probably why he called him Vision Two.
I know but something's gotta be done with one of them now you know what I mean?

UltimateE said:
They used their muscle to take down some kinda of weapons program a rival country had. Just like America going in an removing Suddam. And like the liberal bastard the traitor probably is they don't like it.

UltimateE said:

I don't know what country it was. but it appeared that the various european captains and SHIELD were taking ICBMs from some country by force. That is the 3rd world country the traitor(I think its cap) was talking about.

I kinda agree about the traitor being Cap for a couple of reasons.

In the scene with Hank and the unknown betrayer, in the background of the third panel on the page, where Hank says "Like I said...I'm pretty much at the lowest point in my life." notice in the bedroom, on the bed, is a Captain America costume.
Now, to counter this, its possible this is just a get up Hank found to fulfill Valkyrie's little super-hero fetish. Also to counter this, on the last page during the news shot of the Ultimates taking the ICBMs, Cap is standing right there.
However, since its a news broadcast from that morning, its entirely possible Cap had enough time to return to the States and visit Pym. Though considering Cap's and Pym's relationship in the past, I'm having a hard time seeing them sitting down for coffee and chit-chatting about covert stuff.
But this would make perfect sense for Millar to use the guy no one suspects, Mr. All-American. There have been instances in the past where its been obvious Cap doesn't agree with the decisions of the powers that be (the ending of Ultimate Six, for example). And should the traitor turn out to be Cap, this could be the reason for Fury's OTHER team showing up in Ultimates Annual #1.

Personally, I don't believe it is Cap, but there seems to be plenty of evidence for it. I'm still sticking with my original guess that its either Black Widow or Hawkeye.

One more thing, anyone notice the part where Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch show up and Quicksilver asks Scarlet Witch if she was flirting with the Vision II robot. I thought that was a cool nod to their relationship in 616.

As for Vision II, I have a feeling he'll become the one and only Vision. The first Vision found in Ultimate Nightmare was basically pieces, so perhaps Pym or SHIELD or someone will find a way to download the mind of the first Vision into the second one. Perhaps this becomes necessary later on, if the Ultron robot were to go bad and they used the new Vision to stop him.

Goodwill said:
Can you spoil me, please? I like the fact that you chopped everything up, but I'd like a run down of events. ;) I know I may be asking for too much, but I would do it for you in a second, MWOF.

Since MWOF doesn't seem to want to do it. I guess I will do it for you. So hear it goes.

The issue starts out with Hank on his way to meet with the defenders. On his way he sees three giant men helping after a subway crash. After sulking about what a failure he has become. Upon arriving at the defenders apartment he meets Valkyrie, Hellcat, Nighthawk, Power Man (Luke Cage), and Son of Satan. He finds out that none of them have superpowers and is assured that they will get sponsors and more prominent members once they get some publicity. Hank decides to join as ant-man. They have a party and Hank sleeps with Valkyrie.

One week later Hank meets with Fury at the Triskellion and tries to pitch him the two androids (Ultron and Vision two) he just built in exchange for an in with shield. Fury says he can't take the android. Jan comes up to Hank and the two start to talk/flirt. Cap bullies Hank away and Hank leaves.

The Defenders get a tip on some kids who are going to rob a warehouse and think they can get some easy publicity. Nighthawk gets injured and nearly killed trying to stop them and Hank is forced to transform into Giantman to chase them away. Nighthawk is taken to the hospital and Hank finds out there are no sponsors or celebrities waiting in the wings. The next day the defenders are a laughing stock and the newspaper are plastered with photos of Giantman naked.

The next morning Hank is joined by the traitor. All we see is the traitor's gloved hand. The two talk and Hank expresses his surprise that they are the traitor. The traitor tells Hank about the preemptive attack they just committed against some country.

Latest posts

Back