The Walking Dead (Image) [SPOILERS]

I just read a bunch of The Walking Dead and am really enjoying it. I'm caught up through issue #24 (Rick has just been relieved of his duty as leader and gave a hardcore speech to the group saying THEY were the walking dead) and I keep rolling right through them.

I think what I like best about it is that it's not playing it too safe. Lots of stuff is going on and they aren't afraid to really screw with important characters. And there's no shortage of material even though there's a lot going on - they could get another few arcs out of exploring the prison and finding new things (again, this is as of #24, so don't spoil me on that).

their is always something wrong if its too good/

Yeah, and it's not predictable either.

JUST READ #48

MIND BLOWN

Seriously, I can't believe all that just happened.

This comic is amazing.

JUST READ #48

MIND BLOWN

This comic is amazing.

SERIOUSLY

That kind of thing would never happen in a Marvel or DC comic.

JUST READ #48

MIND BLOWN

This comic is amazing.

Ah, yes, #48. Good times.

So glad you're catching up on this, E! It still might be my favorite series. And now you can get equally excited for the AMC show!!

SERIOUSLY

That kind of thing would never happen in a Marvel or DC comic.

Exactly. The only person that is safe is Rick, and even he got his hand chopped off.

I was *slightly* disappointed Rick & Carl caught back up with everyone so quickly but it's OK. It's still great.

Ah, yes, #48. Good times.

So glad you're catching up on this, E! It still might be my favorite series. And now you can get equally excited for the AMC show!!

I already was, but yeah. Much more so now.

48 is where
the prison gets overrun
right?

Yeah, but what got me was that Kirkman had the guts to kill off a mom and a baby. Actually, a mom WHILE SHE WAS HOLDING HER BABY. He completely changed the tone of the book in that one issue. Amazing.

I can't even remember the last time a comic hit me like this one is.

I should be caught up by the end of the night tonight.

Re: #61

AND CARL KILLED BEN WHAT IS THIS COMIC IT IS THE MOST DEPRESSING THING EVER

do you think there is something sinister about the new community? is there something else that we arent being told? i just cant get over the fact that it seems to good to be true.

Totally. I actually considered that Rick was dreaming or hallucinating all of this but the fake alien story - which was GREAT - put those thoughts to rest.

I'm thinking more along the lines of that it's totally legit, but someone is going to screw up very badly and ruin everything.

CARL NOOOOOOOOOoooo

:(

I had sweaty palms through this whole issue and when I got to that page I'm pretty sure I gasped. I don't think I've ever gasped while reading a comic before.

ProjectX2 said:

I had sweaty palms through this whole issue and when I got to that page I'm pretty sure I gasped. I don't think I've ever gasped while reading a comic before.

This issue is a clinic in suspenseful writing. I hadn't read any solits so I don't know if they teased this being a big issue or anything but the story was so frantic that I knew something big/bad was going to happen. Amazing writing. Might be one of the best written comic issues I've ever read.

I had never made any out-loud exclamations in all the years I've been reading comics. Until that page. I think I said "Oh, f***!"

Incredible.

Last edited:
RE: #93
I'm not sure what I think about the potential of a new site/group. Whether it's legit or a trap, it seems like we've been down this road before.

I like this book a lot, but it's kind of been treading water for a while now. Carl getting shot in the head seems distant and not relevant anymore, already, and it seems like nothing is happening. It's not even a bad book at all, it's just not as gripping as it was.

A Larger World just finished with issue #96 and it became yet another arc that ended with a fizzle. Rick basically agrees to kill some people some day and decides that he makes a good leader because of the way he sees things.

I hope the next arc brings back the recklessness that the book had earlier when it wasn't afraid to kill off main characters.

Carl is still pretty hard core, though. He was the one that piped up with the suggestion to kill people. Quite a difference between comic Carl and TV show Carl.

I've been really wanting them to just kill off rick and make Carl the lead with #100 but it's not going to happen

honestly i think i'd find the series about a thousand times more interesting from a hardcore orphaned Carl's perspective

#98 - finally something has happened! It feels like the book has kind of been treading water. I know it hasn't, and things have been developing, but this book used to be no holds barred craziness and it hasn't been like that lately.

Abraham is dead, shot through the head. Bummer. I liked him.

Carl walks into his dad's room and finds Andrea in there asleep with him. He shrugs it off.

The guys that killed Abraham try to attack Rick's people, but Andrea leads them and picks off several of them and they retreat. Rick decides to go after them but runs into a huge group of walkers.

Latest posts

Back