Thor series discussion [Straczynski/Olivier Coipel; spoilers]

The Asgardians in Latveria is a great idea.

re: #600 - I finally caught up, and while it was a good solid story it was kind of anticlimactic. I'm not sure I understand the use of Sif's form by Loki and how if Hela can recognize if (even if she doesn't realize it right away), why Thor can't. That part is confusing.

But I really liked the use of Borr to trick Thor into killing the king of Asgard.

I wanted Borr to stick around longer, but it really delivered Loki has the trickster mastermind he/she should be.

It was really awesome.

I wanted Borr to stick around longer, but it really delivered Loki has the trickster mastermind he/she should be.

It was really awesome.

I agree that it would have been cool to have Borr around longer. It would have been cool to see him used by Loki similar to how Gallahad was used by Gloriana Tenenbrae in Seven Soldiers.

I know Osborn is insane and arrogant as all get out, but why didn't he bring Ares or Sentry, the only two people on the team who could sensibly bring down Thor?

Ok...I know I haven't been commenting on a lot of the current comics but I'm trying to change all that.

Loki tricking Thor into killing his grandfather Borr was brilliant. And by doing so, Thor is now banished from Asgard and now forced to find his new home amongst mortal men.

This is a great way for the JMS to get Thor interacting with the human world again. The character development has been great, but major conflict has been what this book is lacking. Now that Thor can no longer hide behind the cloak of Asgard he will be forced to care and get involved in human affairs once more.

Ok...I know I haven't been commenting on a lot of the current comics but I'm trying to change all that.

Loki tricking Thor into killing his grandfather Borr was brilliant. And by doing so, Thor is now banished from Asgard and now forced to find his new home amongst mortal men.

This is a great way for the JMS to get Thor interacting with the human world again. The character development has been great, but major conflict has been what this book is lacking. Now that Thor can no longer hide behind the cloak of Asgard he will be forced to care and get involved in human affairs once more.

That is genius, I wish I had money to pick up this title

That is genius, I wish I had money to pick up this title

Leading Balder to mismanage Asgard by listening to Loki's counsel....thus screwing up Asgard....all leading Thor to comeback to Asgard to set things as they should be in an arc cheesily entitled "Return of the King"!!!!!!

There's an interview on Newsarama with JMS about his Red Circle mini he's doing for DC and he mentions how he doesn't like it when big events interrupt a creator's story on a title and then he mentions how there's some big Siege of Asgard event coming up in Thor and sort of implies he might be leaving Thor... :?

well ****

way to run one of the greatest writers you had right out of your company Joey Q

first he meddles with his ASM run, then basically forces him to write his entire run out of existence, now this. I wouldn't be surprised if this is spinning out of the Dark Avengers arbitrary inclusion in #600.

Here's to hoping it's Fraction that takes it over, his one-shots weren't as smart as JMS work, but its was a damn fine substitute.

Latest posts

Back