Thor series discussion [Straczynski/Olivier Coipel; spoilers]

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Read the article at Newsarama.

His return has been hinted at for months, a bastardized version of him played a supporting role in Civil War, and his fans have been patiently drumming their fingers through it all, waiting and waiting for the real Thor to return to the Marvel Universe.

This summer, the waiting stops, when Marvel launches a new Thor series by J. Michael Straczynski and Olivier Coipel. (By the way, if you missed the news earlier this month, JMS' screenplay, The Changeling will be produced by Ron Howard's Imagine Entertainment and Clint Eastwood's Malpaso company, with Eastwood directing, and Angelina Jolie set to star.)

We've spoken with the writer previously, but as the launch gets closer, we're able to get some new information out of him - as well as score some preview pages form the first issue.

Re: JMS talks Thor.

Anyone read #1?

I'm waiting 'til #2 to start a discussion about it. Not much happened in issue #1 except explain how he and Donald Blake came back.

I read #1. It was good. That said, the next issue better pick up the pacing. The whole first issue could have been done in like 10 pages. If this keeps up I'll lose interest in a hurry.

Anyone read #1?

I'm waiting 'til #2 to start a discussion about it. Not much happened in issue #1 except explain how he and Donald Blake came back.

It was OK. I'll keep reading, but I can't quite call it tradewait yet.

Re: Thor series discussion (SPOILERS).

Thor looks like he ate all of the pies.

Thor owned Iron Man.

I mean owned.

With all the righteous fury he should have.

This is book is surprising good. I never cared for Thor.

But this book is making him hardcore.

Thor owned Iron Man.

I mean owned.

With all the righteous fury he should have.

This is book is surprising good. I never cared for Thor.

But this book is making him hardcore.

Stark got owned with a capital P

Also he found Hiemdal.

Yeah... This is quickly becoming one of my favorite books. Hope it keeps up the pace.

HOLYSRETOMGWTFROTFLMAOBBQTHXBYE!!

I just picked up this issue. WOW.

Not only was the fight great, the dialogue was superb. The art was fantastic. I want to pick up Thor now. That's how good this issue was. It felt a little fast in reading, but that didn't hurt it at all.

Excellent job, Straczynski & Coipel. Excellent job indeed.

Why the hell is this issue $3.99 and it's only a regular 22 pages with ads? There's nothing extra in this issue...

This is pretty good.

Why the hell is this issue $3.99 and it's only a regular 22 pages with ads? There's nothing extra in this issue...

They charge extra for awesome.

But no seriously....this book is melting my face. Thor dealing with his resurrection/return and coping with the loss of Asgard has been handled perfectly.

I've never really read Thor before so I like the haughty distain Thor has for mere mortals. I mean he is a god. Why should the petty rulings and opinions of man mean anything to him? So him throwing treasure at the civilians.....his words to Tony......all just as I would envision Thor behaving.

And his fight with Tony was fantastic. It was as one sided as a fight can get. If Thor can survive all that he's been thru....who really thought a repulsor blast from Stark would do anything?

This book is totally rocking and I hope it continues to keep it up. Plus Cop's art is just amazing. I want him drawing all my comics.

The best part about all this is... Round 2 is inevitable.

Tony Stark better come up with some bad *** armor but quick.

I've had a lot on my plate lately, finally found a little down-time and recently re-discovered my Ultimate Central bookmark. It's a much better alternative to some of the idiocy that goes down at the Rama.

Latest posts

Back