Titles to Millar's Ultimate Fantastic Four arcs revealed

I'm a little hesitant of the Crossover arc..... it just seems unnessary.... but I've been wrong before....... I'm really looking forward to Ultimate Sub-Mariner...... I hope he's done with respect of the 616 charector.. (who happens to be one of my favorites) ....... The other two arcs sound good as well...... I too am betting Frightfull will have something to do with the Frightfull Four......

icemastertron said:
So yeah, about HULK also showing up....

Our first Ultimate alternate reality?

I'm really looking forward to seeing all of these alternative universe characters. I think it should be interesting, Hulk especially.

Thing Vs. the Hulk sounds like the best idea ever... We'll see how that goes. It's terrible that it may be a different universe Hulk so it doesn't count for anything, but it's cool anyway. :)

millar said reed and ben will shrink down to fight off an alien invasion inside the presdent, alicia masters is deffinetly in "frigthful" obviously refering to the frightful four like how the first arc was called fantastic as in fantastic four this arc is called frightful as in frightful four. puppet master is probably thier leader.

icemastertron said:
So yeah, about HULK also showing up....

It's in the crossover right? So it's not the ULTIMATE Hulk it's just another hulk which doesn't make it as interesting.

President Thor sounds like a terrible title and an even worse title for UFF. But it is just a title and I'm looking forward to see what Thor's up too.

Frightful doesn't have to be about the Frightful Four but if it is they might be trying to recruit Ben because he's scary. Who do you think would be in it?

Spade said:
millar said reed and ben will shrink down to fight off an alien invasion inside the presdent, alicia masters is deffinetly in "frigthful" obviously refering to the frightful four like how the first arc was called fantastic as in fantastic four this arc is called frightful as in frightful four. puppet master is probably thier leader.

That's cool... I guess Frightful will be where the alternative school will show up. Makes sense, too, if the Frightful Four parallel the Fantastic Four. I'm looking forward to that.

Bass said:
g33k hug?

Mmmmm....g33k huuuug.......

So this is gonna be awesome. Actually, it'll be awesome to the power of 347.

Crossover...I'm thinking this could just be a sort of evil opposite universe.

Tomb of Namor...Can't wait too see what Millar does with him.

President Thor....I'D VOTE FOR HIM!!!

Frightful....Definitely the intro of the Frightful Four, and, like people have been saying, they'll probably be from the rival school and Alicia Masters might even be one of 'em.

This is gonna KICK....SO.....MUCH......ASSS.......CAN'T.......WAIT..........

Wow, you guys go ape anything Hitllar puts his name on.

I'll read it then form a decision, but I've noticed a trend in HItllar's writing.

He jams it full of guest stars.

I find that odd, and very DCish

Ultimate Houde said:
Says the guy who goes ape about anything with Kate Bostworth in it.

And people love what Millar does because the guy knows how to write great comics.

Ultimate Houde said:

I'll read it then form a decision, but I've noticed a trend in HItllar's writing.

He jams it full of guest stars.

I find that odd, and very DCish

Well first of all, this comic isn't by Hitllar, it's by Millarland. And second of all...

icemastertron said:
people love what Millar does because the guy knows how to write great comics.

Listen to Ice. He would know what he was talking about if he wasn't a mod.

My over-winded thoughts on the upcoming arcs.

"Crossover" (UFF #21-23) - I'm looking forward to this arc merely to finally find out if Millar really is going to attempt a Ultimate/616 crossover, and even more importantly if he can pull it off. If it is a Ultimate/616 crossover, I don't see it as the end of the world. I personally don't have much interest in Marvel's 616 Universe outside of Heroclix, but I love the Ultimate line and own every issue either in TPB or single issue, but one crossover with 616 isn't a big deal. As long as it doesn't become a habit, and as long as its a well written book. Therefore, I'll judge it when it comes out, which luckily is in a few weeks. As for the Hulk showing up, I don't think it'll be the Ultimate version either, but you never know.

"Tomb of Namor" (UFF #24-26) - Ultimate Namor!!! I can't WAIT for this arc! Wonder how Millar is going to present Namor's advances on Sue, and more importantly Reed's reaction. It would be funny if Namor hit on Sue or something, and Ben stepped in for his more soft-spoken scientist friend who doesn't know what to do and says: "Hey, Fishboy! She's with Stretchy over there. Don't make me have to crush your head to protect their sickeningly sweet and often times just plain gross relationship." And a somewhat puzzled and annoyed Sue glances at him and says, "Gee, thanks, Ben." All the while Reed is slightly grinning in the background.

"President Thor" (UFF #27-29) - So I guess Thor doesn't stay in SHIELD custody for too long after Ultimates 2 #5. This arc certainly sounds interesting, especially with the additional info from Millar about Reed and Ben shrunk down to microscopic size and fighting aliens in the President's (Thor's apparently?? Or not...we'll see) body. The jury's still out on this, but I have a feeling I'll be pleasantly surprised by this tale much as I was by the recent Think Tank arc in UFF #19-20.

"Frightful" (UFF #30-32) - Its no mystery who will be showing up in this arc...The Ultimate Frightful Four. The real mystery is who will comprise the Ultimate version? Like Ourchair said, the original Frightful Four were:

Paste-Pot Pete/Trapster
The Wizard
Medusa
Sandman

So, will the Ultimate Frightful Four be Ultimized versions of those characters, or will it be other members from 616 making their Ultimate debut (some mentioned Puppet Master, which is also likely since Alicia Masters is rumored to be getting the Ultimate treatment soon as well). Out of those four characters, only Sandman has appeared in the Ultimate Universe previously, in Ultimate Spider-Man #46 and Ultimate Six #1-7. As far as I know, Sandman is back in SHIELD custody. Though its always possible he could escape (and necessary for him to ever really play the role as villain later on in the Ultimate timeline). We'll probably hear more about this in the coming months.

Ultimate Houde said:

Have you read Ultimates 2? :D

Latest posts

Back