Top Ten Greatest Television Shows of All Time

- Friends

This is probably just a nostalgia thing. I grew up with this show and I still watch it whenever it's on. My favourite character was Ross, who was also probably the main character of the show (most of the main plots of the show revolved around him as the central character). It got really shabby towards the end, and I could have written a lot of the jokes myself, but it is still great to watch.

Wooooo!

I thought about Spaced/Shaun of the Dead and Edgar Wright (Writer/Director)...I think he's kinda like the British version of Kevin Smith...what with the heavy indy-culture references, and featuring comic book writers in his story. If you guys like view-askew films definitely check out spaced.

Edit: I looked him up on Wiki...He's apparently working on an Ant-man film...involving Henry Pym + Victor Lang

Edit2: I mean Scott Lang...victor lang is mayor is desperate housewives....not ant-man

Last edited:
- Nathan flying was probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen in live-action, on television.

OMG wasn't it!?!?!?

I can't believe how geeky I got when I saw it. It was how Smallville should be instead of that stupid "Matrix Slow Mo Wavy Shadow" thing they do.

I can't believe how geeky I got when I saw it. It was how Smallville should be instead of that stupid "Matrix Slow Mo Wavy Shadow" thing they do.

Finally! Someone who actually thinks that that was dumb in Smallville! There was nothing cool at all about the flying scenes in Smallville. It wasn't Superman! It wasn't even Clark Kent! Just some hot guy in dark clothes, and stupid hair.

Without knowing it, I've just described Keanu Reeves. Go figure.

You said Keanu was hot.

GAY. :p

One thing you'll learn about me quickly is that when I use the term 'hot' when referring to someone, I usually mean it in a derogatory way, in the sense that although someone is beautiful, they haven't got any brains.

Bottom line, I'm not gay, I'm just comfortable with my sexuality. 8)

Tom Welling is hotter than Keanu. Though Keanu was pretty sexy a few years back.

They both also lack a little in the acting department. Welling in general, and Keanu in emoting. But that's old news.

Finally! Someone who actually thinks that that was dumb in Smallville! There was nothing cool at all about the flying scenes in Smallville. It wasn't Superman! It wasn't even Clark Kent! Just some hot guy in dark clothes, and stupid hair.

I hate almost all the special effects in Smallville. Making everything move in slow-mo and then adding wavy air ripples do not good special FX make.

Even then there hasn't even been a good fight on Smallville. And that bull**** fight between Clark and Zodd-Lex was stupid. It was to grown men tugging each other's shirts....in slow mo....in mid air....with wavy air.

Ugh.

But on Heroes....when Nathan first flew...wow. He just took off and then a quick boom and he was off.

I hate almost all the special effects in Smallville. Making everything move in slow-mo and then adding wavy air ripples do not good special FX make.

Even then there hasn't even been a good fight on Smallville. And that bull**** fight between Clark and Zodd-Lex was stupid. It was to grown men tugging each other's shirts....in slow mo....in mid air....with wavy air.

Ugh.

But on Heroes....when Nathan first flew...wow. He just took off and then a quick boom and he was off.

Couldn't agree more with anything you've just said.

Top Seven TV Shows I've Seen:
Friends - Whenever I see this on, I always feel the need to sit down and watch it. It is actually very good.
Lost - It got me back into watching TV again and I ****ing love it.
Prison Break - My second favourite TV show ever after Lost.
Firefly - I love this. It's my favourite Whedon thing ever. I miss it.
The Office (UK) - Ricky Gervais is my God.
Extras - So is Stephen Merchant.
Two and a Half Men - This is hysterical.

When I get around to watching Father Ted, I might add that there too.

Top Four Anime I've Seen:
Dragon Ball Z - It is pretty terrible, but it's a guilty pleasure and I loved it a lot.
Death Note - I've only seen half of it but it's probably the best anime I've ever seen. It's epic.
Fullmetal Alchemist - Very good. The characters in this are superb.
Digimon - Another guilty pleasure. The stories in this were awesome.

Top Seven Cartoons I've Seen:
Avatar The Last Airbender - I love this cartoon. This is one of the most mature things I've ever seen and yet it's shown on Nickelodeon and it's for kids. Great story, great characters. I recommend this one hundred times over.
Justice League Unlimited - This is ****ing awesome.
Family Guy - This makes me laugh.
The Simpsons - It's a classic. When it's good, it's good. When it's bad, it's average.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force - This is great. However, too many cooks spoil the broth.
Beast Wars - Another guilty pleasure. I loved this when I was a kid.
Invader Zim - GIR!

Good list, but Beast Wars shouldn't be a guilty pleasure. It was as brilliant and mature a "kids" show as I can imagine, and it still holds up with age(by which I mean me getting older).

I'm becoming interested in Avatar: The Last Airbender. Maybe someday....

Where are you from? Is Father Ted on across the pond? Interesting.

My Dad knew Dermot Morgan (the actor who played Ted) quite well before he died. He played soccer with him every week with the local club. Just a tidbit.

Good list, but Beast Wars shouldn't be a guilty pleasure. It was as brilliant and mature a "kids" show as I can imagine, and it still holds up with age(by which I mean me getting older).

I remember wanting to get the big toy of the Ape that turned into a robot really badly, but my mom wouldn't let me get it because she thought it was silly. :cry:

I'm becoming interested in Avatar: The Last Airbender. Maybe someday....

What's this? Parker supporting animé (or manga, I can't keep up)?

Last edited:
1. Family Guy

2. Metalocalypse

3. Johnny Bravo

4. CSI:Miami

5. Arrested Development

6. Ouran High School Host Club

7. Pokémon (shut up, don't even think about laughing!)

8. The A-Team

9. QI

10. That 70s Show

Last edited:
I remember wanting to get the big toy of the Ape that turned into a robot really badly, but my mom wouldn't let me get it because she thought it was silly. :cry:

That was Optimus Prime.:wink:

What's this? Parker supporting animé (or manga, I can't keep up)?

Anime is cartoons, animation, etc. Manga is printed comics.

I'll take good fantasy where I can get it. I just happen not to like most anime, and hate when American characters are anime-ized.

After careful consideration (and by "careful consideration" I mean I thought about it for all of two seconds), here is my (very tentative) list of the best shows ever:

10. Monk- The mysteries aren't as good as they used to be, but who cares? Tony Shalhoub is still hilarious, and deserves every Emmy he gets for his outsanding performance.
9. Lost- This used to be higher. Then the third season happened, and it dropped below the top ten. Then the finale happened, and it came back up. I wish this show would just make up its mind.
8. Avatar: The Last Airbender- In a word: awesome. I love this show; the acting, action, and animation are all better than anything else on Nick now. It definitely harkens back to a day when Nick was actually, you know, good.
7. Quantum Leap- If you haven't seen this show, you need to. It proved that you don't need massive amounts of special effects and an insanely episodic story to tell great Sci-Fi.
6. Supernatural- The first season was pretty scary. The second wasn't as bad, but made up for it with a grittier feel and a finale in which the gates of Hell were literally opened.
5. Battlestar Galactica (New Series)- It's frakking awesome! Not only are the stories a perfect allegory for the situation in the world right now, but the acting and special effects are top notch.
4. Invader Zim- The greatest cartoon of all time. You will not argue. It is fact.
3. Rome- I have only seen the first season (still awaiting the second season on DVD), and it literally practically perfect in every way. Really, the only thing I had a problem with was the incest and lesbian sex.
2. Firefly- I have little doubt that, had this continued beyond fifteen freaking episodes and had been shown in order upon first airing and hadn't had the time slot screwed around with and hadn't been cancelled because of the stupid execs at Fox whom I hate hate hate with a passion, it would have vied with 24 for the top spot.
1. 24- Quite simply put: spectacular.

Friends - Whenever I see this on, I always feel the need to sit down and watch it. It is actually very good.
Firefly - I love this. It's my favourite Whedon thing ever. I miss it.
The Office (UK) - Ricky Gervais is my God.
Two and a Half Men - This is hysterical.
Dragon Ball Z - It is pretty terrible, but it's a guilty pleasure and I loved it a lot.
Justice League Unlimited - This is ****ing awesome.
The Simpsons - It's a classic. When it's good, it's good. When it's bad, it's average.
Beast Wars - Another guilty pleasure. I loved this when I was a kid.

Theses choices make me :heart: you :lol:

Seriously you the man!

That was Optimus Prime.:wink:

Really? Sweet. I guess I never copped on to the fact that Beast Wars was related to Transformers.

Dumb n00bish question: How cumzit the Transformers transform into different things in every incarnation?

Anime is cartoons, animation, etc. Manga is printed comics.

Gotcha'.

I'll take good fantasy where I can get it. I just happen not to like most anime, and hate when American characters are anime-ized.

Yup, I hear ya'. Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Inc. crew being the latest victims of this sick disease that's sweeping the Animination.

7. Pokémon (shut up, don't even think about laughing!)

Honestly? The cartoon? Didn't know you liked it, anymore. Thought it was just the games. Shows how much I know.

Last edited:
Really? Sweet. I guess I never copped on to the fact that Beast Wars was related to Transformers.

Dumb n00bish question: How cumzit the Transformers transform into different things in every incarnation?

Each incarnation = to sell new toyline , They make the toys different each time so people need them to complete collection instead of just repackaging old toys (Like they did for the Generation 2 toys , even going as low as to repackage a go bot for it)

Each incarnation = to sell new toyline , They make the toys different each time so people need them to complete collection instead of just repackaging old toys (Like they did for the Generation 2 toys , even going as low as to repackage a go bot for it)

Well obviously, I get that. But is there any particular reason within the continuity of Transformers as to how they're just magically different in every series? Are they rebuilt or reprogrammed or something?

Last edited:
Well obviously, I get that. But is there any particular reason within the continuity of Transformers as to how they're just magically different in every series? Are they rebuilt or reprogrammed or something?

There is no continuity between the different series.

Well, that's not entirely true, but like, the anime stuff from a couple years ago (Energon, etc) is one continuity, Robots in Disguise is a separate continuity, G1/Beast Wars/Beast Machines is another continuity, although it doesn't have any of the same characters.

Latest posts

Back