Top Ten Greatest Television Shows of All Time

Actually, Beast Wars WAS in continuity with the original series. At one point they even found the dormant body of the original Optimus Prime. New Optimus(a.k.a. Optimus Primal) used it's dormant spark to repair himself, then gave it back. Ancient Optimus woke up for a minute before going back into stasis mode.

Edit: Of course, this meant nothing to me at the time other than the gravity of the story at hand. I didn't even know there WAS an original transformers series.

Last edited:
Well obviously, I get that. But is there any particular reason within the continuity of Transformers as to how they're just magically different in every series? Are they rebuilt or reprogrammed or something?

It's just what they scan to get their transformations , G1 it happened to be cars , planes and stuff. Beast wars it happened to be animals , dinosaur bones ect...

Nothing to explain with 90% of it thou as

Time line A) G1 - Beast wars - Beast Machines

Time line b) Robots in disguise

Time line c) Armada - energon

Time line d) Cybertron

Time line E) live action Movie

Time line F) New cartoon coming soon

In each time line they scan something different or just look different. It's like Spider-man 616 and Ultimate and cartoon and movies ect... each happen dffrent

Sorry if this confuses you but that's the best way to explain it and I left out a lot e.g The Headmasters and Beast wars II as they mess things up :lol:

Edit : damn I typed all this others explained , and better too

Last edited:
Well obviously, I get that. But is there any particular reason within the continuity of Transformers as to how they're just magically different in every series? Are they rebuilt or reprogrammed or something?

Well should the new Spider-man cartoon be in the same countinuity as Spider-man and his Amazing friends from the 70's? They just try a different aproach

Also there's no guilt in liking Beast Wars, it is a top notch show

Last edited:
Powerpuff Girls is moving up my Animated List... I just got the first season, and this show holds up better than any other animated show I can remember...

I think i actually enjoy it MORE now than i did way back when

Powerpuff Girls is moving up my Animated List... I just got the first season, and this show holds up better than any other animated show I can remember...

I think i actually enjoy it MORE now than i did way back when

Fuzzy Lumpkin's meat gun. And drumstick ponytails. :rockon:

Last edited:
I need to get the first season. I have a few of the collections of episodes, but I haven't watched them in forever. I got kinda down on the Girls after their horribly disappointing movie.

I still listen to my Powerpuff Girls album from time to time, though.

Woah wait. You guys mention powerpuff girls (Which I like too) and It's ok I mention Spice girls and I get laughed at?

How dose that work? :lol:

There is something inheirently cool about anime-influenced super-powered littel girls fighting giant monsters.

5 semi-decent looking twits lip-synching to cheesy pop songs doing a reunion tour that nobody asked for? Not so much.

5 semi-decent looking twits lip-synching to cheesy pop songs doing a reunion tour that nobody asked for? Not so much.

I .... I asked for it :oops: I should just stay quiet on this one huh?

but yes I agree Power puff girls are cool , I even made a thread on the new Power puff girls Z

Last edited:
There is something inheirently cool about anime-influenced super-powered littel girls fighting giant monsters.

Also: PPG is first and foremost a kid's show. If you analyze it as if it was a mature show for adults, it looks like crap, but it's one of the better kid's shows. Whereas the Spice Girls presumably suck when compared to other bands in their genre (I say presumably because as far as I know, I've never seen or heard one of their performances.)

PPG-Z Pales in Comparison to the original PPG

I can I agree but I still like Z

Also: PPG is first and foremost a kid's show. If you analyze it as if it was a mature show for adults, it looks like crap, but it's one of the better kid's shows.

No my point was a lot view it as a girls show. It is still cool though.

Whereas the Spice Girls presumably suck when compared to other bands in their genre (I say presumably because as far as I know, I've never seen or heard one of their performances.)

random song http://youtube.com/watch?v=GJjZLLxN-R4

I think my reason for still loving them though is they were huge over and in primary school all the girls use to sing and do the dances. It reminds me of my youth I guess.

Also I happened to enjoy their songs. Ironic since their music is everything I'm against :lol:

but it's cool I've let this topic drop.

I have seen Father Ted. We get most of the UK shows, especially if they're popular. I downloaded all of it about two months ago so I could watch them all though.

And Avatar is not an anime. It is a cartoon. It just has a similar style to anime.

>The Simpsons - As much as I loathe this show (I'm a Family Guy guy), it did pave the way for shows like Family Guy.
>Family Guy - Peter is easily one of the greatest cartoon characters ever. He's funnier than Stewie IMO. And he IS the Family Guy.
>Aqua Teen Hunger Force - You kind of have to see every single episode to like this show. It's a freaking awesome show.
>Chapelle's Show - DAMN funny. 1 out of every 2 Americans recognize his name.
>That '70s Show - Seriously, this show is gold. At least the first 4 seasons. They pretty much jumped the shark by the time Topher Grace left (I can't believe they continued the show WITHOUT him!).
>Venture Bros. - This show is a great parody of comic books and other pop culture stuff. Brock Samson is my favorite character. I like Jefferson Twilight - he hunts Blaculas for God's sake!
>American Dad! - This show is almost on par with Family Guy in terms of comedy. It has its moments.
>The Twilight Zone - Rod Serling = greatest TV show writer ever. The episodes "To Serve Man" and "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" are my personal favorites.
>Mad TV - This show is so much funnier than SNL. SNL has about 20 great sketches IMO. Almost every episode of Mad has a great sketch.
>Metalocalypse - This show is something special.
>The Office -
>Beavis & Butt-Head - Thanks to MTV, this show destroyed America's youth. But damn is it funny.
>Ninja Warrior - This show is nucking futs!
>Jeopardy! - Greatest game show ever created. If you disagree, I will fight you.
>Sopranos - This show is kind of overrated, but it's still great. I saw one season on sale for a 100 dollars at Wal-Mart. Ridiculous.
>The Whitest Kids U' Know - This show is hella funny.
>Robot Chicken - I was one of the show's original fans. I kind of lost interest in it, but it's still funny, though not quite as funny as other [adult swim] shows.
>Samurai Champloo - My favorite anime of all time. Mugen is teh ****.
>Cowboy Bebop - Great anime. Spike Spiegel is the f*cking ****.
>FLCL - This show is weird.
>Dragonball Z - Dragon, dragon, pump the dragon! Man, that brings back memories. Every episode was 30 minutes, but really only 5 friggin' minutes passed in the storyline each episode.
>A-Team -
>Invader Zim - I don't know why this was on Nickelodeon. It's pretty mature for a Nick show, to tell you the truth.
>World Series of Pop Culture - This is where I put all my useless knowledge to use.
>The Most Extreme - This is the best f*cking show on Animal Planet.
>Samurai Jack - Worth a mention.

I never got into Seinfeld, it's overrated IMO, but then again, so is the Simpsons. I hate the Boondocks, it's so un-original, but I have the DVD of it for some apparent reason. It's a complete rip-off of Chapelle's Show ("the Itis" - WTF?!? It's like Chapelle's Show as a cartoon).

Since they started re-airing Scrubs from the beginning a little while ago, I've been watching it religiously. It's truly one of the best shows ever on television. It's sad that when I see something like this, my first thought is now "Wow, how did something this brilliant and original stay on the air for so long?".

Latest posts

Back