Transformers discussion (Spoilers!)

How would you rate Transformers?

• Total voters
I wonder why Jazz "died" from being ripped in half? Hopefully he's repaired by the next movie.

Anyway, which Decepticons do you think will be returning in TF2? Scorponok's pretty damaged, but otherwise ok. Frenzy's head was ripped off yet he was fine, so I think Bonecrusher might be coming back too, and Starscream's definitely coming back. Oh, and what happened to Barricade? I forget.
Do you think the Decepticons will attempt a salvaging mission in TF2 for Megatron, Blackout, and Brawl, or just Megatron?

Anyway, Optimus sent out a signal to the scrambled Autobots living in hiding to ocme to Earth, and Starscream likely went to Cybertron to get reinforcements. Which Autobots and Decepticons would you guys like to see in TF2?

Im thinking Megatron miht comeback as galvatron

Oh, and even though it doesn't pertain to the movie itself. . .did anyone see the untitled movie trailer produced by JJ Abrams? HOLY ****, was that the best trailer for a movie EVER.

Oh, and even though it doesn't pertain to the movie itself. . .did anyone see the untitled movie trailer produced by JJ Abrams? HOLY ****, was that the best trailer for a movie EVER.

Everyone's going on about this and I missed all of the trailers except for The Simpsons and The Bourne Ultimatum! Is there a link or something?

Can't say that I have... I think.

Hmmmm. . .it was supposed to be attached to Transformers. For us, it was the trailer right before the movie. It was filmed entirely by home video camera.

ProjectX2 said:
Everyone's going on about this and I missed all of the trailers except for The Simpsons and The Bourne Ultimatum! Is there a link or something?

I've been looking all day, but no luck.

The movie is called Cloverfield, or that's the codename for the movie, anyways. It was seriously amazing.

Last edited:
I said all along this would kick *** sounds like i was right , Still not downloaded it yet , I cant find a good download :cry: it's killing me.

Last edited:
I said all along this would kick *** sounds like i was right , Still not downloaded it yet , I cant find a good download :cry: it's killing me.

Pay to see the damn movie, kiddo. It's more than worth your $9.

Last edited:
Pay to see the damn movie, kiddo. It's more than worth your $9.

He's in the UK! He has to wait! :lol:

I'm going to see this again this weekend. I never see movies twice in the cinema. I've done it once before, for The Phantom Menace (I have no idea why...).

Are you guys nuts?! Did you see the same movie I did? This thing was a jumbled mess that didn't know what it wanted to do. It was all over the map! Just. . . not good.

Are you guys nuts?! Did you see the same movie I did? This thing was a jumbled mess that didn't know what it wanted to do. It was all over the map! Just. . . not good.

Go watch Spider-Man 3 and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, you freak.

Hmmmm. . .it was supposed to be attached to Transformers. For us, it was the trailer right before the movie. It was filmed entirely by home video camera.

OH! Yeah, now I remember, everyone in the theater was yelling "Godzilla!"... I was starting to think so as well.

Made complete sense to me at each and every moment... did you see the same movie I did?

Last edited:
I never said it didn't make sense.

I didn't think it was jumbled, there were just three things going on:
1. Autobots get introduced to Spike and his Lady friend, and ally against the Decepticons.
2. U.S. government and army try to find a way to stop all the Transformers, ultimately realizing which ones they have to stop.
3. Decepticons are on a mission and destroy anything in their way.

And you gave it three out of five. . .why?

Nostalgia, maybe. My ratings reflect how the movies relate to each other, unlike say, an Ebert, who rates them individually. It was better than Ghost Rider, which I gave a 2.5 and on about the same level as Pirates 3, which got a 3.

The lowest movie I have so far is Hostel 2, so using that and 300, the highest movie I have, I just fill them in as they relate. If a movie is worse than Hostel or better than 300 they'll get lower or higher grades as necessary, so I need some leeway above or below them for grading, but otherwise they fit in the middle somewhere in direct relation to how they match up against the other films I've seen.

As a film, on its own, it's damn good, but not quite the year's best.

However, it's easily the best big-screen blockbuster type film i've watched all year. Waaaaaaaaaay better than the underwhelming 300, that's for sure.

It's worth a second viewing in the cinemas, just for the sensory experience; how larger-than-life everything seems. It just won't be the same on DVD, unless you have a sweet home entertainment set-up. The execution of the movie just begs for a shared, communal viewing that really allows the viewer to be immersed in the action.

I was blown away at how graceful these hunks of space-metal could be. Seriously, it's like robotic combat ballet. The effects for the battle scenes were just mind-blowingly impressive.

And I like how the movie played off the concept of them being Transformers by giving adequate screen-time to BOTH their robotic and "disguised" forms; it capitalized well on the "robots in diguise" aspect, so that it didn't feel like a generic alien invasion epic.

Latest posts

Back