Transformers discussion (Spoilers!)

How would you rate Transformers?

• Total voters
Oh.

Oh my God.

6/5.

Words cannot describe how awesome this movie was.

If you have any interest in the Transformers, and I mean any - be it that you owned a Transformers toy once, or that you've seen a few minutes of Beast Wars - see this movie. It is incredible.

Actually, now that you think about it, I believe I did PM the lesser known members of the site (the ones who posted in this thread, besides you and watcher) to pretend that Transformers was good.

In reality, the movie was terrible.

I'm confused :? I was expecting this to be a good action flick, but lacking story and proper characterizations (as most of Michael Bay's movies) but then people are going into this overwhelming response? I dont care if your playing a joke or not, I just dont want to get my hopes up

I'm confused :? I was expecting this to be a good action flick, but lacking story and proper characterizations (as most of Michael Bay's movies) but then people are going into this overwhelming response? I dont care if your playing a joke or not, I just dont want to get my hopes up

No, you don't. And you shouldn't.

I don't think ourchair is messing with us.

Oh, and even though it doesn't pertain to the movie itself. . .did anyone see the untitled movie trailer produced by JJ Abrams? HOLY ****, was that the best trailer for a movie EVER.

OH! Yeah, now I remember, everyone in the theater was yelling "Godzilla!"... I was starting to think so as well.

Made complete sense to me at each and every moment... did you see the same movie I did?

Yeah I thought the samething when I saw it.

But anyways, I really liked this film. This was the kind of movie we needed to have durning the summer.

I will most likely be seeing this on my birthday, which is Monday (start preparing your gifts).

I think it's terribly ironic that Transformers, which is being released on July 4th (where I live anyway) the most AMERICAN day of the year, is based on a Japanese toyline.

(I'm seeing it Thursday with my brother, who refuses to see Ratotouille. Brat.)

I think it's terribly ironic that Transformers, which is being released on July 4th (where I live anyway) the most AMERICAN day of the year, is based on a Japanese toyline.
Thats where you're wrong. Transformers is all American at its 1984 Marvel comic roots. As for the movie...

I was half-asleep the whole time...And it was incredible. Optimus is the ****. His voice overs in the beginning and end were by far my favorite parts. and I normally hate Shia Lebuff, but he was spot on as well. Everything was excellent, from visuals to storyline. 5/5.

I have no patience; I went to the movies and saw the line for Transformers and finally shelled out the cash to see FF.

I did like it though.

Thats where you're wrong. Transformers is all American at its 1984 Marvel comic roots. As for the movie...

Transformers started as repacked Japanese toys. Also the comics were based on cartoon , Cartoon = Only created as a 20 minute advert for the repacked Japanese toys.

just finished watching this.

Ok my thoughts
Pros
  • While not what I hoped for it still a ****ing great movie.
  • The action scenes were perfect.
  • The humour when they wanted it was pretty cool.
  • The voices were nearly all perfect.

Cons
  • Too much screen time from humans , So you couldn't really get a feel for the personalities of the transformers Besides 3 auto bots
  • Some of the fights were too quick. They should on IMO been like cartoon a bit so you could see each punch and kick.

Still a great movie and hope there is a sequel. I give it 4.5 Out of 5

just finished watching this.

Ok my thoughts
Pros
  • While not what I hoped for it still a ****ing great movie.
  • The action scenes were perfect.
  • The humour when they wanted it was pretty cool.
  • The voices were nearly all perfect.

Cons
  • Too much screen time from humans , So you couldn't really get a feel for the personalities of the transformers Besides 3 auto bots
  • Some of the fights were too quick. They should on IMO been like cartoon a bit so you could see each punch and kick.

Still a great movie and hope there is a sequel. I give it 4.5 Out of 5
Wow. These are my exact thoughts as well! Go mole!!

Dammit. I put 4. I wanted to round up. Oh well. Still a ****ing awesome movie.

Last edited:
I know Megatron and Starscream are going to reurn, I hope to see Barricade and Scorponok. I also really liked Blackout, I hope he comes back. I have mixed feelings over Bonecrusher and Brawl (Devastator in the movie, but that was an error). I would like to see them again, but they aren't all that important... maybe because their appearance were so brief.
I also understand that CGI is very expensive and the roster on both teams should be limited, however I also understand that the budgets for sequels should be much larger. Not only that, but since the world and the Transformers have allied together, they should be able to focus more on the Transformers and less on humans (other than Spike and Mikaela.)

As for Transformers that I'd to see appear in TF2...

Autobots:
Arcee
Dinobot or Grimlock (Grimlock would make more sense, but Dinobot's so cool!)
Rodimus

Decepticons:
Thundercracker
Shockwave
Soundwave

Good choices, I think. Who do you guys want to see?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Autobots
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Decepticons

Last edited:
I would like to see in a sequel

the Constructicons (Scrapper, Scavenger, Bonecrusher, Hook, Long Haul and Mixmaster who make up Devastator) and of course Unicron

I'd like to see the Constructicons too, but I'm wondering if the names "Bonecrusher" and "Devastator" being used in the first film will interfere with them at all. If they do include all of the Constructicons, it would only be fair that they include all of the Dinobots in order to combat them.

Now I was thinking that if they include Grimlock, then they'd kinda have to include the other Dinobots. But if they add Dinobot, they wouldn't have to include the Dinobots... maybe even make Dinobot a T-Rex or something. He could be described as a former Decepticon turned Autobot.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back