Twitter, anyone?

Twittertime-traveler.jpg

Twitter has become this really bizarre internet ouroboros.

Everyday I have to go through and block more and more spambots who keep following me and try to get me to look at their "sexy pics lol". But if you look at a spambot's page, there are of course almost no real people following them, just other spambots, thousands and thousands of other spambots. And spambots make fake tweets out of other people's real tweets, so the spambots must be constantly reposting the tweets of other spambots.

And if you look at most of the "trending topics" these days, half of the search results are, of course, spambots, trying to get you to buy HD tvs by tagging their tweets as being about Iran or Bruno or whatever. So the spambots are using trending topics to get people to look at them but they comprise the majority of the people talking about the top trending topics.

*broken brain*

Twitter has become this really bizarre internet ouroboros.

Everyday I have to go through and block more and more spambots who keep following me and try to get me to look at their "sexy pics lol". But if you look at a spambot's page, there are of course almost no real people following them, just other spambots, thousands and thousands of other spambots. And spambots make fake tweets out of other people's real tweets, so the spambots must be constantly reposting the tweets of other spambots.

And if you look at most of the "trending topics" these days, half of the search results are, of course, spambots, trying to get you to buy HD tvs by tagging their tweets as being about Iran or Bruno or whatever. So the spambots are using trending topics to get people to look at them but they comprise the majority of the people talking about the top trending topics.

*broken brain*

I don't bother with trending topics for that reason. It's always either that or a Twitter variation of Googlebombing regarding subjects I either have no interest in or wouldn't know anything about it I did.

You can also report spam bots if you feel like taking the time. Just post:

@spam @spammersname

And thus why I don't use social networking.
What do you think you're doing right now?
I don't bother with trending topics for that reason. It's always either that or a Twitter variation of Googlebombing regarding subjects I either have no interest in or wouldn't know anything about it I did.

You can also report spam bots if you feel like taking the time. Just post:

@spam @spammersname
I didn't know that. I should start doing that.

I'm also now convinced that Demi Lavoto is paying off Twitter. First some ****ing Disney Channel movie that she was in that I hadn't even heard of was a top trending topic for like, a day, and now some album she has that comes out in a week is the top trending topic. What??

I'm also now convinced that Demi Lavoto is paying off Twitter. First some ****ing Disney Channel movie that she was in that I hadn't even heard of was a top trending topic for like, a day, and now some album she has that comes out in a week is the top trending topic. What??

Never underestimate the power of a Disney groupie.

Jim Lee actually responded to one of my tweets. I asked him what he thought of Ryan Reynolds being cast as GL, and he said "He was very entertaining in the proposal so thumbs up!"

I was bored once and got Twitter. I still find it to be the most pointless thing ever

Yeah, it's kind of boring. Seems like 99% of it is just celebrities talking to themselves.

"Love this Mrs. Dash. The ***** can make spices... Jesus, Joni (my mom) it's a joke. I was making a joke! Mrs. Dash isn't even real dammit!"

"The dog is not bored, it's a ****ing dog. It's not like he's waiting for me to give him a ****ing rubix cube. He's a god damned dog."

Warren Ellis called Proj a bastard on Twitter the other day.

Latest posts

Back