Ultimate Cable

the rest of them

i think the rest of them that he's talking about are all those guys that came from the future like bishop shard domino fitzroy blaquesmith and the six pack.

P.S. why does my name still say newbie?

You're right, Synch.

You're still a newbie because I think you have to post 20 before you're actuall a "registered member".

ok...

well i'm trying to drop like 6 more posts now so i can get "registered." But yea if cable and Bishop come back. I don't really know if i want to see the future thing again, even though it was cool back then i don't know if that's the way to go this time. don't get me wrong cable is cool and Bishop is one of my favorite characters but if these guys have to come from an alternate reality how bout they come from just an alternate reality and not the future of this one u know.

"Bishop for President 2008"

"Hollerrrrrrr"

Synch said:
well i'm trying to drop like 6 more posts now so i can get "registered." But yea if cable and Bishop come back. I don't really know if i want to see the future thing again, even though it was cool back then i don't know if that's the way to go this time. don't get me wrong cable is cool and Bishop is one of my favorite characters but if these guys have to come from an alternate reality how bout they come from just an alternate reality and not the future of this one u know.

"Bishop for President 2008"

"Hollerrrrrrr"

The whole N-Zone thing should be the basis for all of this... if Millar is writing a crazy event that involves that it should span out and touch other titles... any time traveling characters should be associated with the alternate N-Zone realities... know what I'm on about?

X-Men shouldn't be about time travellers and alternate dimensions. Obviously, that's all a big part of 616 continuity (a big part of 616 continuity errors, as well), but given that UXM has a clean sheet it would be stupid to introduce something that has caused so many problems in 616.

Why have the whole interdimensional thing going on in both UFF and UXM? Keep it where it makes sense. The Four are explorers and scientists. The X-Men are fighting for mutant-rights. Vaughan just recreated Mojoworld without dimension-travelling-alien-stuff, and it's working fine. He created Apocalype without creating any confusing continuity. I'm more interested to see what writers can come up with in reimagining these characters than I would be to see them use a plot device from another comic.

Bludd_Rush said:
X-Men shouldn't be about time travellers and alternate dimensions. Why have the whole interdimensional thing going on in both UFF and UXM? Keep it where it makes sense. The Four are explorers and scientists.

Its because the Four are explorers and scientists that they get out there. With the X-men however, I agree with you

Gentlemen,

The Product of the N-Zone thread is in response to the fact that it was said the N-Zone was going to have to do with a major event in the ultimate universe. It's mostly just fun and speculation but if it is going to be a major thing why wouldn't it affect other titles? Another reason I made the thread is because the cube in the Sentry reminded me of it and I thought it might be a cool concept if somehow he came from the N-Zone as well...

TheManWithoutFear said:
it was said the N-Zone was going to have to do with a major event in the ultimate universe. It's mostly just fun and speculation but if it is going to be a major thing why wouldn't it affect other titles?

I know its going to be a major thing with the universe but that doesn't mean we have to like it. The X-men and the Ultimates aren't about other dimensions, they're focused on the problems of this one. Spidey even more so. These things don't really fit the titles because its not what they're meant to be about.

Caduceus said:
I know its going to be a major thing with the universe but that doesn't mean we have to like it. The X-men and the Ultimates aren't about other dimensions, they're focused on the problems of this one. Spidey even more so. These things don't really fit the titles because its not what they're meant to be about.

Exactly. I will be extremely disapointed with Millar if this spans into something that touches everyone. The X-men are a subsidiary of SHIELD now, but as we saw in UFF, those in the subsidiaries do not have access to the Top Secret stuff going on elsewhere. The X-men will not know about this other universe, the Fantastic Four probably will only get a limited time to work on it, because when the Negative Zone stops existing, the bridge between the realities is cut forever.

If Bishop comes through as a seasoned Mutant Member of SHIELD, or something interesting like that which is plausable (in relative terms, we are talking superheroes and alternate dimensions), and then gets cut off from his reality, okay, i can deal with that (maybe he would even be an alternate reality Nick Fury). But he should be the only one who goes across time and space to fight crime. That is his character.

Nathan is a soldier, Bishop is a Cop. Bishop's got more of a mind of his own and would probably want to figure out this other reality. Cable would stay put.

I really hope this doesnt lead to the downfall of the UU. We don't want things to get rediculously complicated, or we'll end up with another 616 with a few variations. I started reading the line for something new... we've seen other realities before. Those who read Exiles see them every few issues. They need to be more original....

But as I said, Im fine for this being contained within F4 (and it would still be a major event, just not a cross-over/mini-series, we're going to have U Iron Man and U Secret/Arrival, we dont need another so quickly, this sort of deal could shape the future of UFF, and that -is- major)

Dr.Strangefate said:
Exactly. I will be extremely disapointed with Millar if this spans into something that touches everyone. The X-men are a subsidiary of SHIELD now, but as we saw in UFF, those in the subsidiaries do not have access to the Top Secret stuff going on elsewhere. The X-men will not know about this other universe, the Fantastic Four probably will only get a limited time to work on it, because when the Negative Zone stops existing, the bridge between the realities is cut forever.

If Bishop comes through as a seasoned Mutant Member of SHIELD, or something interesting like that which is plausable (in relative terms, we are talking superheroes and alternate dimensions), and then gets cut off from his reality, okay, i can deal with that (maybe he would even be an alternate reality Nick Fury). But he should be the only one who goes across time and space to fight crime. That is his character.

Nathan is a soldier, Bishop is a Cop. Bishop's got more of a mind of his own and would probably want to figure out this other reality. Cable would stay put.

I really hope this doesnt lead to the downfall of the UU. We don't want things to get rediculously complicated, or we'll end up with another 616 with a few variations. I started reading the line for something new... we've seen other realities before. Those who read Exiles see them every few issues. They need to be more original....

But as I said, Im fine for this being contained within F4 (and it would still be a major event, just not a cross-over/mini-series, we're going to have U Iron Man and U Secret/Arrival, we dont need another so quickly, this sort of deal could shape the future of UFF, and that -is- major)

I can't argue with that and as for the bridge closing statement... I didn't think of it...

I totally agree that if the UU is going to become more complicated than it should just be encompassed in the 616... There's no need to have more than one elaborate U after that.

That's what I meant, Cad. It makes sense for the FF to be involved with the N-Zone, because that's what the series is all about. Science and exploring and such. Introducing this to UXM is what would just become baggage.

With Cable, i think his lineage is going to have to remain intact. He has to be of both Cyclops and Jean Grey. Although I'm personally not a great fan of this idea, it may be an indication of things to come.
Genetic material is taken from both cyclops and jean grey (see, told you it was rubbish, but it gets worse), and the result is grown in a lab, and 'hyper incubated' or some other such nonsense.
But, is his techno virus really an essential part to the character? I don't think so, nor do I consider his age to be that important. I'd find it interesting if the Cable released from this growth chamber (sigh) was still a child with interesting powers, and bishop (this i just though of now, and i think is an absolutely great idea) is his legal guardian :D

Just as long as there is no time travel messing about, it'll be an improvement anyway. Oh, and cabel has never been a favourite character of mine anyway because the art was just so bloody appalling.

And shatterstar too. Rubbish character, never liked him

I think they can do tones with someone like Shatterstar! They should give him a background with Weapon X and he'll be fine... He's one character that can avoid a lot of things and still be good. Give the guy a chance now!

Ok, I should have more faith. But I have never enjoyed his character before. but then again, I never liked thor before and now he's one of my favourite characters.
In general I think the ultimate universe has been absolutely stunning work.

I've mentioned before that I was turned off when I heard Dazz was showing up but now I really enjoy what's going on with her.

Yeah, when I heard she was joining I was in two minds, one of horror and one really praying that do something decent with the character. And yeah man, they did.
I do worry about cable though, as I mentioned above. I think it's essential that they retain his lineage, but if that is the case. then how the hell do they get him to adulthood without it being lame?

Latest posts

Back