Ultimate Cable

It's not really villainy... just like his character now in Cable/Deadpool is kinda like someone who is willing to sacrefice things just to make the world better... it's confusing but it's kinda like terrorist blowing themselves up for a cause they believe in...

The reason for everything Cable: TO STOP APOCALYPSE... and then hang around for awhile. :D

Maybe instead of Apocalypse he's chasing down the creators of the legacy virus (let's pretend whoever made in 616, didn't in ultimate verse) and if the way to stop it from spreading is to kill, say, Xavier then bam dead Xavier. Does that make him a villain? To the X-Men it sure does.

Maybe he's trying to save humanity like in Cable and Deadpool and his way is to kill all the humans so mutants can create a better existence and harmony? There are many reasons for him to be a villain. Kill all humans? Been there done that but everything in the Ultimate line is been there done that with that interesting twist that makes us buy the books.

It'd be an interesting character twist. I'd be for it.

EDeadpoolica said:
The reason for everything Cable: TO STOP APOCALYPSE... and then hang around for awhile. :D

Maybe instead of Apocalypse he's chasing down the creators of the legacy virus (let's pretend whoever made in 616, didn't in ultimate verse) and if the way to stop it from spreading is to kill, say, Xavier then bam dead Xavier. Does that make him a villain? To the X-Men it sure does.

Maybe he's trying to save humanity like in Cable and Deadpool and his way is to kill all the humans so mutants can create a better existence and harmony? There are many reasons for him to be a villain. Kill all humans? Been there done that but everything in the Ultimate line is been there done that with that interesting twist that makes us buy the books.

It'd be an interesting character twist. I'd be for it.

Me too... and Ultimate Legacy Virus that'd be awesome...

Where do you think he'd get his Techno-Virus from if not Apocolypse, EDeadpoolica?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Me too... and Ultimate Legacy Virus that'd be awesome...

Where do you think he'd get his Techno-Virus from if not Apocolypse, EDeadpoolica?

I think it'd be neat if somebody like SHIELD or the gov't created it to contain mutants but then it started to spread to humans too. I'd have it as someone definitive too not "ohhh I wonder who made the virus?" forever... some crazy doctor in the gov't created it with no ties to anyone besides the government he works for. Simple. Simple. Simple.

Let Cable, the character, bring the fun "unsimpleness", not the plot device.

EDeadpoolica said:
I think it'd be neat if somebody like SHIELD or the gov't created it to contain mutants but then it started to spread to humans too. I'd have it as someone definitive too not "ohhh I wonder who made the virus?" forever... some crazy doctor in the gov't created it with no ties to anyone besides the government he works for. Simple. Simple. Simple.

Let Cable, the character, bring the fun "unsimpleness", not the plot device.

Very cool

Well... first off, in Regards to the Scar thing, I was just being agreeable, cause I was worried that it seemed like I was going out of my way to disagree with GW, but I'm fine either way.

For the Techno-Organic Virus... that really doesnt make sense. I mean, in a real world, that doesnt make sense. My Idea is that he was shot and basically has a dead left arm, Forge makes him a new stronger arm, but it takes up a part of his telekinesis to keep in in line. Legacy Virus i am for 100%. Didnt i say part three of my thingy was called Legacy?

And for whoever asked, Stryfe created the legacy virus, Sinister unleashed it on the world.

And he hated Apocolypse for killing everyone he loved and then tossing him centuries out of the way... Now, if he's modernized its going to be the US government who did that to him, and at the same time they're footing his bills, so he's going to be on edge about that.

And for everyone who's saying that my idea is tossing out the old idea of Cable entirely, I disagree. There are different ways to make a character how they are and have the relationships between eachother. 616 Nick Fury is who he is because he fought in world war II, that is to this day the basis for the character. In the UU, he's a Desert Storm vet who was out James Bond-ing for a while. It all ends up with the same attitude, and the same, yet altogether different character.

Dr.Strangefate said:
For the Techno-Organic Virus... that really doesnt make sense. I mean, in a real world, that doesnt make sense. My Idea is that he was shot and basically has a dead left arm, Forge makes him a new stronger arm, but it takes up a part of his telekinesis to keep in in line.

There's no need to keep it inline if it's just a creation of Forge's... otherwise it's all good...

How about it was adapted to help Cable channel his naturally excessive telekinesis. Using the arm is something that takes a bit of power. Just adapt the story to make it fit. I like the bung arm better than obscure mutant-aimed disease.

Goodwill said:
So, wait... His disease in 616 has something to do with his powers?

Apocolypse gave him this techno disease that could overtake his entire body (It gets pretty ugly you'd see if you read Cable/Deadpool) the only way he stopped it from spreading was using his telekinetic powers. Otherwise it would've taken over his entire body.

Goodwill said:
Would it have eventually killed him if it took over his entire body?
Yes. In the 616, the more he uses his telekenesis, the more it takes over his body. But he has his father's stubborness, so....

because he's using his powers to hold it back.

Its explained in the link i gave you a post or two back

Goodwill said:
Well, why hasn't it spread to other parts of his body?

It eventually does in X-men: The End.... But that's not worth reading really.

Claremont needs to go back and read his good stuff and remember how to write well....

But yeah, like others said, his telekinesis keeps it contained, and because of that, he can only use a limited part of his abilities.

Latest posts

Back