Ultimate Cable

MaxwellSmart

Here's my theory on apocalypse and cable. In the 616 universe cable is infected with the Techno virus. What if in the ultimate universe, apocalypse is the Techno virus? He needs a powerful being to act as his host. i.e. cable

MaxwellSmart said:
Here's my theory on apocalypse and cable. In the 616 universe cable is infected with the Techno virus. What if in the ultimate universe, apocalypse is the Techno virus? He needs a powerful being to act as his host. i.e. cable

NO! Nathan and Rachel twins! Apocalypse needs them to fulfill a prophecy of destruction and re-creation.

I think that the Pheonix is the opposite of Apocalypse, a force of Life and Rebirth (remember when she was "judging" those around her in the Hellfire arc?), and a Force of Chaos and Death... I think they were awakened by eachother. Perhaps when Jean used her power and awoke the Pheonix, Lord Apocalypse rose as well... I don't know, But i am convinced that it will be well done.

I also think that Apocalypse needs Sinister, because Sinister believes in him. Perhaps his faith grants Apocalypse power, and the ancient spirit can gain strength the more certain beasts are sacrificed in his name.

Has anyone realized that if Shaw was right in the Hellfire arc, that the SHIELD logo is a Pheonix? Anyone notice where this arc is taking place?

I bet that Northstar and Havok get to the cells with Deathstrike, Longshot, and Sinister... Seeing Sinister puts JP in shock, and Havok tries to get the location of Mag's cell from Longshot, who uses his abilities, imprisons (or Kills?) Alex, and then he leads the metal filled lady towards Magneto's cell... Sinister escapes... (he -is- invisible to radar)

Big X-Men/New Mutants/SHIELD/Brotherhood Battle ensues....

All is speculation, but i think that'd be cool.... But Vaughan will do a good job.

I bet the baby is Nathan Summers, or more likely named Nathan Grey (because they aren't going to get married this young). The baby will stay a baby. A baby that Apocalypse wants to inhabit (just like 616 Apoc wanted to possess the older Nate Grey), to get back at the Pheonix somehow... And to become the powerful ruler of the dimension.

I do think that Warren will become War and not Death... I mean. He -is- war... thats what he's called... maybe that's intentional.

I don't want accelerated aging, or time-travel. Apoc and Pheonix are plenty enough... And Cable is such an interesting character (if and only if done right). if they were to introduce him, it should be a while on...

I hope to God that Northstar doesn't die in this arc... He has a whole boatload of potential, especially with Colossus.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I think that the Pheonix is the opposite of Apocalypse, a force of Life and Rebirth (remember when she was "judging" those around her in the Hellfire arc?), and a Force of Chaos and Death... I think they were awakened by eachother. Perhaps when Jean used her power and awoke the Pheonix, Lord Apocalypse rose as well... I don't know, But i am convinced that it will be well done.

I also think that Apocalypse needs Sinister, because Sinister believes in him. Perhaps his faith grants Apocalypse power, and the ancient spirit can gain strength the more certain beasts are sacrificed in his name.

Has anyone realized that if Shaw was right in the Hellfire arc, that the SHIELD logo is a Pheonix? Anyone notice where this arc is taking place?

I bet that Northstar and Havok get to the cells with Deathstrike, Longshot, and Sinister... Seeing Sinister puts JP in shock, and Havok tries to get the location of Mag's cell from Longshot, who uses his abilities, imprisons (or Kills?) Alex, and then he leads the metal filled lady towards Magneto's cell... Sinister escapes... (he -is- invisible to radar)

All is speculation, but i think that'd be cool.... But Vaughan will do a good job.

I bet the baby is Nathan Summers, or more likely named Nathan Grey (because they aren't going to get married this young). The baby will stay a baby. A baby that Apocalypse wants to inhabit (just like 616 Apoc wanted to possess the older Nate Grey), to get back at the Pheonix somehow... And to become the powerful ruler of the dimension.

I do think that Warren will become War and not Death... I mean. He -is- war... thats what he's called... maybe that's intentional.

I don't want accelerated aging, or time-travel. Apoc and Pheonix are plenty enough... And Cable is such an interesting character (if and only if done right). if they were to introduce him, it should be a while on...

I hope to God that Northstar doesn't die in this arc... He has a whole boatload of potential, especially with Colossus.

Oaky first question Dr. Strangefate, are you gay?
Next, Who says that the kid has to take Jean's last name? Why can't he have his dad's last name?
Third, can anyone sympathize with me as I cheer for Ultimate Rachel as Cable's twin sister?

Dr.Strangefate said:

Awesome speculations Doc. I think you might be onto some stuff here.

Hawkeye101 said:
Next, Who says that the kid has to take Jean's last name? Why can't he have his dad's last name?
Third, can anyone sympathize with me as I cheer for Ultimate Rachel as Cable's twin sister?

I like the the twins idea, but it does seem like a rip off of the luke and leia idea.

MaxwellSmart said:
I like the the twins idea, but it does seem like a rip off of the luke and leia idea.

Well, I was acctually thinking Jacen and Jaina and the Yuutzhan Vong prophecy.

DIrishB said:

Jacen and Jaina are the twins born to Han and Leia. When out-of-the-galaxy aliens invade the known galaxy, they believe that Jacen and Jaina (because of their affinity to the force) are two gods in carnate and want them both to bring on a new age of the Universe.

Hawkeye101 said:
Well, I was acctually thinking Jacen and Jaina and the Yuutzhan Vong prophecy.

The sick thing is that even though I didn't get that reference, I know many people who would.

Hawkeye101 said:

Yes, openly and completely, came out to the boards in an Ultimate Colossus thread. (And I have to say you're right. That was an Oaky question)

Because if Jean wants to raise her own child, and she doesn't get married to Cyclops/if Cyclops runs away when he finds out he has a kid, she's not going to want a constant reminder that her son is the child of the guy who left her. Guys tend to not have the best track record when it comes to these sorts of things.

Also, Nathan Christopher Summers was the Son of Scott and Madeleine Pryor, Nate Grey was created directly from Scott and Jean, and is far more powerful than his brother.

I think that Rachel, if done well, would be a good character and a good addition to the book (when she's older at least), but I don't see the necessity/benefit of her being Nathan's twin sister. It seems a little gimmicky, and judging that the guys writing these books probably haven't read the most recent Star Wars EU novels, I'm pretty sure they're on the same page as me when it comes to being confused as to what you mean....

Dr.Strangefate said:
Also, Nathan Christopher Summers was the Son of Scott and Madeleine Pryor, Nate Grey was created directly from Scott and Jean, and is far more powerful than his brother.
I believe thats theoretically because Cable's powers are all going into fighting off the TO virus.

Were I am coming from is this (scrap the Star Wars referance), Apocalypse is extreamely powerful, but cannot create his own world. Suppose there is a prophecy, from a long time back telling a tale of twins who would have the power to destroy the world and rebuild it, wether they rebuild it to be paradise, or to be hell on earth, is the toss up. Apocalypse wants the latter, naturally. So in order to do so he wants to steal the twins at birth so that he can raise them to believe they are the ones to re-create the world in thier 'fathers' (Apocalypse's) image.

TheManWithoutFear said:
.....Read Cable/Deadpool anyway.

Agreed, also what if they introduced cable as the son rachel grey, jean's sister, and scott summers. Then, we could also get a love triangle going.

I think that Rachel would work as Jean's sister... I like her better as a teenage character anyways...

But anyways, I don't know about a prophecy... Maybe the former incarnation of Apocalypse swore to Pheonix that It would rise up and destroy it.... maybe Jean could remember that... I really don't like the idea that all of these characters have a definite future and everyhing, and anyways, who would be the one to deliver the prophecy? I mean, unless Destiny shows up pretty damn soon, I really can't see it happening.

Something with Apocalypse is going to happen during this arc, I have a gut feeling about it...

Hawkeye101 said:
Jacen and Jaina are the twins born to Han and Leia. When out-of-the-galaxy aliens invade the known galaxy, they believe that Jacen and Jaina (because of their affinity to the force) are two gods in carnate and want them both to bring on a new age of the Universe.

Huh...ok. I used to be really into Star Wars, reading the novel continuations of the saga and stuff, even the Dark Horse comics (of which I still have a bunch and need to put up on Ebay), but just kind of lost interest once I got into high school. I assume this story was in the books or comics or something, seeing as how I did manage to catch all the prequels in the theaters.

Latest posts

Back