Ultimate Central: The Fanfic - Volume 8

Writier's Notes

The DVD extras without the DVD

• The idea for the arc was originally meant to be annual introducing this idea of a secret society and "Black Ops" type group. Which was basically the first issue.
  • I did not have enough story to fill it up the arc, so I decided to introduce new characters using Lost style flashbacks. And to bring more current members into the fan fic
  • Originally Random was going to have this rage control issue where he generates illusionary flames around him (Think Phoenix) Basing it off the Superman shirt I always wear, but I thought it was a bit much to explain and scrapped that idea.
  • Catalyst was going to be an unnamed characters, but I'd thought I would make him a lesser known uc member, and I knew Catalyst cause I worked with him on a Spider-man Virtual series and knew he only posted here once to try and promote it.
  • MaxwellSmart was the second character I thought of, Thinking of the show Get Smart immediately lead my to the Question, and picturing Don Adam's voice saying "MawellSmart Detective Extraordinarie" made me chuckle.
  • TwilightEl's power are based on Midna from Zelda: Twilight Princess.
  • Wade is my favorite ultimatization of this arc, the powers and story worked out perfect for him. Houde at one point claimed him for his arc and I considered having someone get wind powers, eventually a compromise was made.
  • I was going to that a fight scene with Wade and Doc Comic's security bots and The Big 7's security detail, but I was already late and didnt have a clear idea what the scene would be like.
  • McCheese's powers came from a comment Iceshadow made, if weren't for that I would of had no idea what character to introduce that issue.
  • I have an idea for who the Unknown is, and the Co- editor agrees with it, but its up to future writers to take it where ever they want.
  • Random's sword has nothing to do with his powers...
  • Iceshadow was added to the last issue cause he was the only really consistent fan of the series during my arc.
  • For Twilight's back story I had no idea what to do, as evident in her story, originally the Unknown was going to blackmail her, but I thought that was stupid.
  • I wanted to do a Blues Brothers type story for McCheese, where he pisses of a bunch of different groups and gets chased, I thought of the Grimace thing a few days before the story was schedule.
  • The reason Method's face is covered in shadows on the last cover is because it looked like a retarded version of me.
  • The scenery of the finale fight is a really place I passed by everyday on the way to work (It's right behind the Convention center)

And now the best part of this post:

Ultimate Central: The Fan Fic - Characters

That's pretty cool dude.:D

aww i was expectin my head to be the halloween mask head from the UC cartoon. :cry:
i love the animations with the capes and such randy old boy you did another fine job

UCFFAnnual2.jpg

Coming out on Thursday because of the holiday this week.

Marvelman, one armed, non sword wielding and no longer at mercy to his powers, goes to visit home.

He finds it destroyed.

He also finds someone else there, Entropy. Journey with Marvelman and Entropy to the reaches of the Artic as they search for Marvelman's family.

Redemption.

It's for the wicked.

Last edited:
i;ve only read the last three issues but i might start from the beginning cuz it's pretty good so far.

Cover by yours truly!

And it's funny. I hadn't realize 'til after I gave the cover to Houde that I had done the cover for the first annual, too! :lol:

Last edited:
Heres a few Compare To: suggestions for the UC: The fan-fic character database-
Self-Proclaimed's powers sound almost exactly like Strong-Guy's.
JohnnyFreeze's powers sound like Sai's (From Naruto).
Shri-Val reminds me of Mother Brain.

Last edited:
And don't think i forgot my Colossus powers... UCtFF-DSF can't use his magic in that form, and he needs the magic these days...

DSF vs. God. Finally Coming in the oversized Issue #75.

Last edited:
Heres a few Compare To: suggestions for the UC: The fan-fic character database-
Self-Proclaimed's powers sound almost exactly like Strong-Guy's.
JohnnyFreeze's powers sound like Sai's (From Naruto).
Shri-Val reminds me of Mother Brain.

True

He also forgot Nas-T the animal zombie

Frozen Wastes of The Artic

The wind kicked up, howling across the snow dunes, the warm sun doing nothing to heat up the land. Two men stood in the view of a mountain range, one of them wearing a large overcoat, with a giant top hat, the other had on a cloak of grey, which flapped in the wind, revealing a grey jumpsuit underneath, and white fur on his face.

And his lack of a right arm.

The cold did not seem to bother this man, as he yelled over the wind to his companion.

Marvelman: Is it time yet?

The other man took out his pocket watch and looked at it. He counted off several seconds in his head, put away the watch, and pointed to the tallest mountain visible in their eyes.

Person: That's the mountain.

Marvelman nodded, his hood coming undone. Not bothering to replace it, he bolted. He was following the shadow of the mountain, and skidded to a stop at the point where the shadow points. Using his good hand, he started to dig through the snow. The other person took their time to get there, practically whistling to himself as he walked. He stopped, and watched Marvelman dig for awhile

Person: I said we should have brought shovels.

Marvelman snarled at him.

Marvelman: You could help me, considering you're the only one who's been complaining about the cold.
Person: Naw, I'll watch our back for patrols
Marvelman: Then let me do this.

One of Marvelman's claws raked against metal. Using this as a gage, he quickly found the rest of the entrance, which was only under about six inches of snow. Pulling up, it popped open, and without waiting for the other person, he jumped in.

UCFFAnnual2.jpg

Marvelman, a ninja ferret with one arm, and Entropy are going to the Artic. What will they find there?

~ NURHACHI & DR.STRANGEFATE PRESENT ~
ULTIMATE CENTRAL
THE FANFIC ANNUAL

Redemption

Volume 8, Annual 2, By Ultimate Houde

Flashback, Couple of months ago

Marvelman gazed upon ruins.

The whole entire town of Holbrook New York was like this. Completely destroyed. In dismay at seeing his hometown destroyed, the Ninja ferret walked forward, assessing the damage. He didn't rush, in fact; outwardly his demeanor was one of calm. He half expected to find his destination in the same state of destruction, so he didn't rush to it. He took in all the detail he could, a slash of pavement there, a laser beam burn here, a small crater there, and these small details could save his life. Whatever happened here was thorough, and if he was going to get revenge, he needed to see what caused this. That, and he was being followed, he knew it. Moving forward, the Ninja Ferret paused, taking a left at a crossroads.

The figure made itself known. He was wearing a strange looking Trenchcoat, and had a goofy looking tophat on. Stepping out in the middle of the street, he spoke to Marvelman.

Person: You're parents live down this way, you went in the opposite direction, why?
Marvelman: Well, I knew you were following me, so instead of seeing my childhood home in ruins, which it obviously is, I expect. Aren't you supposed to be dead?
Person: I run with Lady Luck, for some reason I teleported off that death trap we were on. What happened to your arm?
Marvelman: Relief.

The person cocked his head.

Person: That makes no sense.
Marvelman: Neither does this destruction. Do you know what caused it?
Person: Know what caused it? I can show you where the guy sleeps at night.

Marvelman's teeth shown and his good hand flexed.

Marvelman: So Entropy, you gonna tell me, or am I going to have to beat the information out of you.
Entropy: HA! We could fight, though it won't solve anything. I'm pissed that the stupid Emperor thinks I'll let it slide that he used me to usher in this new world order of his. Then, his stupid minions try to kill me. So no, we don't have to fight; I'll even come with you to kill the guy who tried to kill your parents.
Marvelman: Oh really?

Present

Marvelman landed easily, and looked at his surroundings. He was in a tunnel that had lighting. The cold glare of the flickering lights upset Marvelman, he expected more than this stupid little tunnel. He stepped forward, and the other man fell down next to him.

Entropy: Well, that was fun
Marvelman: You should have frozen to death.

Entropy shook off the giant overcoat, which fell to the ground, revealing several hot pads on the inside of it.

Entropy: Lucky I guess.
Marvelman: Let's find out where this leads.

Marvelman crept forward taking his time he was being extremely quiet, when he heard his companion load his gun.

CLICK CLICK

Marvelman: Are you nuts? You want to announce to everyone you're here?
Entropy: The gun is old; it requires lots of force to load it. Relax, you're too high strung.
Marvelman: Well, let's see, half the people who helped you out on the damn Star are dead or maimed, and you are perfectly fine!
Entropy: That's because I'm lucky
Marvelman: Well I'm not; you got that, so we do this my way, sneaky, okay.
Entropy: Fine.

They walked forward some more, and as Marvelman was looking around a corner, he heard another noise behind him.

CLICK CLICK

Marvelman: By John Lennon's hairdo, what are you doing?
Entropy: Rewinding my watch, I like to keep it accurate.
Marvelman: No wonder half your team was decimated. You're a nutcase.
Entropy: Why thank you

He smiled.

Marvelman: Fine, stealth is out of the damn question I guess. Just keep up, you got that?

Marvelman took off down a corridor. It was bendy, but had no offshoots, leading in one direction. As he ran he thought to himself that if he was the bad guy here, he would have had the entrance under video surveillance, and this whole corridor booby trapped. And he would already have known of Entropy and his presence.

Marvelman ran out of corridor. He stopped at the edge, looking into a huge room, that went both up and down, the room got wider on the way up, shorter on the way down. The entire wall had glass tanks on it, and the nearest one to Marvelman had someone inside of it. Marvelman shrugged as the last piece of this puzzle feel into place. Laughing to himself, smirking, showing a bit of fang, Marvelman sauntered into the room, whistling 'Eight Days a Week'.

Person: Hello

A nondescript figure appeared near Marvelman, looking at him.
Person: You f…

Marvelman raised up a hand.

Marvelman: Let me guess, this was a trap, Entropy was sent specifically for me, and that I walked straight into it?
Person: Yes, but how?
Marvelman: Seriously, I get no respect.

Flashback

Marvelman walked over to Entropy, holding out his good hand.

Marvelman: I'm in, let's shake on this.

Entropy grabbed his hand, and Marvelman gripped it, digging in his claws. Entropy looked up at Marvelman and saw him smiling, fangs and all. Entropy gave him a weird look, and went to activate his luck, a bit too late. Marvelman kneed him in the stomach, then in the head, knocking Entropy on his back. He went for a fist to the head to finish it, but Entropy activated his luck, and rolled. Marvelman slipped on some rubble that came out of nowhere, and lost his balance. Entropy got up and pulled out his gun. Marvelman snarled, and leapt, and somehow a nearby building collapsed right on top of Marvelman, burying him in it. Entropy shook his head.

Entropy: What a waste…

He felt claws touch the back of his neck. Entropy froze.

Entropy: How did you…
Marvelman: I'm a ninja, even with your stupid powers that alter luck, I can still move faster and more accurately than you can keep up. Now, who sent you?
Entropy: One of the Emperor's generals, the Lunar Lord.
Marvelman: Don't know anything about him, now; tell me why you are doing this.
Entropy: The usual, my life or yours.
Marvelman: How about you say we pay him back for this wanton destruction.
Entropy: It wasn't that wanton, they did it because they wanted bodies for experiments. They covered it up, saying it was a bunch of rogue Centralites..
Marvelman: Interesting…when did you start working for the Lunar Lord?
Entropy: He pulled me out of ice in the Arctic
Marvelman: Ice?
Entropy: I didn't teleport of the Star; I tricked one of the attackers, the Longshots, to teleport for me. He dumped me in the Antarctic Ocean. It was luck really how they found me.

Marvelman pressed the claws in further.

Marvelman: At which point were you planning to turn traitor.
Entropy: When we got to the base, and the Lunar Lord thought I was on his side, then I shoot him in the head.
Marvelman: So, the double cross eh?
Entropy: Yes
Marvelman: Now why should I believe you?
Entropy: Cause, I told you earlier, I hate it when people think they can fool and control me.
Marvelman: If I was still me old self, I would get directions then slit your throat. But seeing how I'm a brand new ninja ferret these days, I'm taking you along for the ride.
Entropy: Fine by me.

Present

Lunar Lord: Oh you get plenty of respect Marvelman. I need your powers, hence why you are here. So, plenty of respect. I even tricked you, did you know that?

Entropy walked out behind Lunar Lord, pointing his gun at the Lord's head.

Marvelman: You could say that.

Entropy pulled the trigger, the bullet lodging itself into Lunar Lord's head, bringing the man down. Sparks erupt from it, and oil mixes with blood that leaks out of the hole in his head.

Entropy: I can shoot this guy in the head. I like that.

A door opens above both Marvelman and Entropy; another Lunar Lord stepped out, this one with a giant gun. He aims it at Entropy.

Lunar Lord: I was going to use your power as well you know.

The gun goes off, and the two Centralites dodge. They both somersault backwards over the slippery ice floor. Entropy stops, and casually looks at his scarf, which is now caught on the wall, frozen to it.

Entropy: I liked that scarf, hey Ninja ferret boy, don't touch the glass, and it's really super-cold ice stuff. You'll probably freeze to it.

A small pebble landed in the ground next to him, and he looked up.

Entropy: And there are a couple more of these freaks.

Several more Lunar Lords landed on the ground, each brandishing a different weapon, an axe, a sword, and one had another pistol type gun, and the last carried a strange looking weapon obviously used for cutting people in half.

The moved forward, all talking at the same time.

Lunar Lord: We are infinite, we are eternal, and you two pathetic beings cannot hope to defeat us.
Marvelman: I'm a slow learner.

Marvelman ran across the ground quickly, his claws leaving scoring marks in the ice floor. Leaping, he slammed into one with a kick. The one with the gun went to shot him, and Marvelman knocked the gun to the side, blowing the brains out of the one with the strange weapon. Spinning, he kicked the axe wielder in the groin, and leapt out of the way of another bullet. Entropy lined up his gun and fired, the bullet missing its intended target, instead bouncing on several walls at strange angles. The Lunar Lord with the massive gun lined up a shot, and the stray bullet smashed into his knee. The shot went wide, and his massive gun barked, spewing death upon the other two lords, leaving just the one with the sword left standing. He calmly surveyed the carnage.

Lunar Lord: You two still resist? How pathetic.

The one with the sword charges Marvelman, knocking him down to the ground. Marvelman went to brace himself to push off the ground, but he made a mistake, he still thought he had his arm. He was laying on his side without an arm, the stump resting on the icy ground. Marvelman looked up with fear on his eyes as the Lunar Lord stepped forward, its sword raised.

The other standing Lunar Lord released a volley of bullets at Entropy, to keep him busy. Scowling, Entropy kept trying to get a shot. Shrugging, he fired off a bullet anyways. If rebounded off an ice wall, into a glass panel, ricocheting off a weapon, the bullet missed the Lunar Lord bearing down on Marvelman by mere inches. Instead, it smashed into a glass jar that was holding a piece of rock.

This caused the Lunar Lords to look away for a half a second.

The half a second Marvelman needed.

Five minutes before the beginning of the comic

Marvelman, wearing just his cloak, walked across the Antarctic, showing no sign of feeling the cold.

Entropy: That's interesting, you may not have your other abilities anymore, yet you still don't feel cold.
Marvelman: I can still feel my abilities inside of me, waiting to burst out.
Entropy: So what's stopping you from using them?
Marvelman: Confidence. I need to believe in myself again.
Entropy: I don't want to go into a fight with someone who can't fight.
Marvelman: Oh, I'm still a fighter, just ninja abilities now though.
Entropy: Well, maybe this is the place you regain yourself.
Marvelman: Maybe…

Present

Confidence in myself…

The Lunar Lord resumed his swing, coming down with the sword.

With a grunt of effort, Marvelman pulled at his stump, and with it, an arm made of ice out of the ground. The ice arm came up and grabbed the sword in midstroke, easily blocking it. His arm didn't even chip.

Marvelman: Guess whose back?

He punched the Lunar Lord in the face, released the sword, elbowed him with his ice arm, and then followed with a headbutt. As the Lunar Lord went down, Marvelman concentrated, and a sword made of ice appeared in his hand, so thin and translucent that one could see through it.

Marvelman: Whatever that piece of rock is you want it real bad.

He nicked the air, causing a small portal to appear. The piece of rock fell out of it, and into his normal hand.

Marvelman: Later. Entropy, let's get going. Swiping his super sharp sword in the air, he caused a gateway to appear, which he jumped through. Entropy followed through a moment later.

The Lunar Lord stood up, his wounds already healing.

Lunar Lord: The rock is already dead, it does not matter.

New Zealand

The portal opened, and Marvelman with Entropy stepped through. It closed behind them while Marvelman looked at the rock. His ice arm glittered in the sun, not melting in the incredible heat at all.

Marvelman: Looks kinda familiar, but nothing special.
Entropy: Mind if I look at it.

Marvelman tossed it to him. His sword melted back into his ice arm. The rock flew in a perfect arc to Entropy, who stood there, and let it fall to the ground.

Marvelman: You didn't even move to catch it.
Entropy: Oh, I'm sorry, did you throw it at me.
Marvelman: You are so frustrating at times. Let's get a move on and find someplace that serves some food. Regrowing this arm took some juice out of…..

The ground rumbled.

Marvelman: Um…what was that?
Entropy: Someone is returning.
Marvelman: You know something about this, don't you?

The rumbling ceased, Marvelman looked around.

Marvelman: Okay, seriously, what the hell was that all about?

Entropy simply pointed to a male teenager walking up the road. He looked incredibly normal, wearing his jeans and shirt. He stopped, and stared at the sun, smiling.

Marvelman: Who the hell is this guy?
Entropy: I told you my plan; it's not my fault if you didn't listen to it. I'm going to talk to him.
Marvelman: Well, he may know where some food is.
Entropy: He knows more than that.

Fin

Oh I wonder who the guy is.

Also why is it that every other character has ice powers?

Good job Houde

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back