Ultimate Comics Avengers (Discussion & Spoilers)

He's another blind kid who got super senses. An old blind guy shows up and trains him, claiming he trained Matt Murdock the same way. Their purpose is to fight against the dark enemies of humanity, monsters, vampires, ninjas, that sort of thing.

Then they go and kill him and his mentor in the last two panels.

OMG SPOILERS!

So, Blade is a cursing, sass-talking gangsta streetwise black man who routinely has three women at a time?

Like Cash?

I'm having a hard time believing Millar isn't a racist.

I'm sure he's not, but dammit, he's got to stop making his black men all the same damn stereotype.

2010-02-02.jpg

Wow. Ultimate Daredevil II has the same origin as Ultimate Daredevil. But it's okay! Because it's fate!

If the Ultimate Universe just had a neverending chain of dying Daredevils, I might be down with it.

Steve Dillon is an odd choice for this. I know he's kind of a superstar for Preacher, but his style doesn't jive well with a mainstream superhero comic.

I think the vampires' "master" is probably
Gregory Stark. It'd make sense he'd have access to a first gen iron man.

I'm also not a fan of the whole cutesy self-Tafting thing Millar does here with the Midtown signing and Trouble and everything.

Well, I was shocked :(

I wish I had been! I'd be happier if I was enjoying the comics. You shouldn't feel bad because you're having fun reading them.

Steve Dillon is an odd choice for this. I know he's kind of a superstar for Preacher, but his style doesn't jive well with a mainstream superhero comic.

I think the vampires' "master" is probably
Gregory Stark. It'd make sense he'd have access to a first gen iron man.

I'm also not a fan of the whole cutesy self-Tafting thing Millar does here with the Midtown signing and Trouble and everything.

Dillon's art was really off in this issue. As for the vampire master - it's another mystery to go along side whoever the Spider is. Blah blah.

The whole "Nerd Hulk's favourite writer is Mark Millar" is just kinda... stupid. I mean, it's simultaneously ego-riffic but also self-deprecating because Millar's pointing out that Nerd Hulk has terrible taste (he likes TROUBLE) but it's just... it's not a particularly funny gag. It's extremely obvious when Nerd Hulk says his favourite writer is signing stuff at a comic shop that it's a comic writer, and putting the writer of the comic into the story is just... it didn't work in KICK-ASS when the lcs owner goes on about 1985. I dunno.

The whole "Nerd Hulk's favourite writer is Mark Millar" is just kinda... stupid. I mean, it's simultaneously ego-riffic but also self-deprecating because Millar's pointing out that Nerd Hulk has terrible taste (he likes TROUBLE) but it's just... it's not a particularly funny gag. It's extremely obvious when Nerd Hulk says his favourite writer is signing stuff at a comic shop that it's a comic writer, and putting the writer of the comic into the story is just... it didn't work in KICK-ASS when the lcs owner goes on about 1985. I dunno.
It would be funny if he said Loeb, but this could be Millar's backdoor for introducing the most bad ass, extreme character ever. Ultimate Mark Millar. God just image the stories he would make.

Last edited:
Maybe he's the vampire leader. I mean, like a vampire, he sucks.

BA-DUM-DUMP!

Ah, I kid. I can't hate the guy who gave me SUPERMAN ADVENTURES and THE ULTIMATES. They're just so good.

It would be funny if he said Loeb, but this could be Millar's backdoor for introducing the most bad ass, extreme character ever. Ultimate Mark Millar. God just image the stories he would make.

Ultimate Ultimates?

This comic - both writing and art - is just lazy. It's obvious that no one cares anymore.

This comic - both writing and art - is just lazy. It's obvious that no one cares anymore.

I was going to post something about issue #3 (I think - the one where Cap gets bitten) but I couldn't really think of what to say.

What Proj said is what I was thinking but couldn't even care enough to try and articulate.

"Lazy" is the perfect word for it. I might be in the minority but I think Millar is a really good writer and, considering much of his other work, it's really surprising to me he could write something so sloppy. Ultimates and Ultimates 2 were so tight and it seemed like every panel was important and vital to the story.

Latest posts

Back