Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (discussion/spoilers)

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 2 (Discussion/Spoilers)

seriously guys? No one else thinks that's weird?

If you ever go to the beach you might notice that alot of males have some hair under their belly button. The hairier a person is, the more noticeable it gets.

If you ever go to the beach you might notice that alot of males have some hair under their belly button. The hairier a person is, the more noticeable it gets.

i just have to look at myself for that...

i'm sure that's what it's supposed to be, but it just looks like his pants are falling down in that drawing.

Issue 4 is out. Pretty hit and miss if you ask me.

Like:
-The teenage drama, Gwen and MJ fighting over Peter while trying to be friends at the same time. Ah, puberty.
- Fightscene with hulk/mysterio.
- The mysterious new superhero that kinda acts like Ultimate Daredevil, yet we dont even know his gender. Oh, the suspence!!!

Didnt like:
- All the interaction with Johnny. Which saddens me, because I really like the idea of Torch being a regular in this book. Bendis talk is ruining this right now.
- Lafuentes faces
- Peter's long hair. It makes him WAY to girly on the last page.

Didn't make sense:
-Apparently everybody forgot Johnny went to school with Peter already. Or they think that dyeing his hair and wearing glasses will make him unrecognisable to his former schoolmates. Yeah, that wouldn't work on a regular teen and it certainly won't work on a worldfamous superhero.
- Is MJ colorblind? That guy's cloak couldn't be any redder. Why did she call it black!?
- Aunt May's miniskirt. Is she trying to out-slut Gwen?:wink:
- WHY IS GWEN EATIN PIZZA WITH A FORK!??!?!?! ARGHARHJHAHRHKHAKGAKRG

Last edited:

I love Lafuente. That Spider-Man/"Hulk" fight was gorgeous.

This comic is very simple and very fun. I'm enjoying it a lot.

I love Lafuente. That Spider-Man/"Hulk" fight was gorgeous.

This comic is very simple and very fun. I'm enjoying it a lot.

I don't think it's simple...something weird is going on. I can't figure out exactly what it is, but everything is definitely not as it seems!

I still kind of suspect that Peter/Spider-Man is actually Jessica/Spider Woman.

I'm starting to think that whatever happened to Peter when Dr Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum blew up, it gave him some new powers and and a bit of a break down. MJ dumped him b/c he was acting like a jerk, so asked Jessica to cover for him as Peter and Spider-Man while he did his own thing. Peter Parker is the red hooded guy. NO ONE knows that Jessica is pretending to be Peter (not MJ, not Aunt May, not Gwen).

This explains the Shroud/the hood giving Spidey's 'do something worth while with your life' speech (although Bendis' bad writing could explain that too). It explains why Peter and MJ broke up. It explains why 'Peter' started dating Gwen so soon after they broke up. It explains where Spider-Woman is, it explains the freak-out when Aunt May suggested Johnny and Peter share a room. It gives some closure to the dangling 'Peter being blown up with Dr Strange's house' plot.

Maybe I'm wrong. There are some aspects of it that don't make sense, but it is plausible enough that I wouldn't put it past Bendis.

@captaincanuck65,
Maybe you're wrong, but I hope not, pretty great idea I dare say!

Come to think of it...I guess Shroud could also be Kitty since the bullets didn't seem to hurt him/her when s/he got shot in issue one. Maybe she phased through them?

I have the same suspicion that Shroud is Kitty. That's why the bullets don't appear to phase her. How she is able to trash cars and beat the crap out of people? I think we can look back at the crappy UXM/UFF comic where alternate future Kitty smacks the Thing with minimal effort because of some evolution of her abilities regarding changing object densities or something.

Last edited:

I don't think it's simple...something weird is going on. I can't figure out exactly what it is, but everything is definitely not as it seems!

I still kind of suspect that Peter/Spider-Man is actually Jessica/Spider Woman.

I'm starting to think that whatever happened to Peter when Dr Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum blew up, it gave him some new powers and and a bit of a break down. MJ dumped him b/c he was acting like a jerk, so asked Jessica to cover for him as Peter and Spider-Man while he did his own thing. Peter Parker is the red hooded guy. NO ONE knows that Jessica is pretending to be Peter (not MJ, not Aunt May, not Gwen).

This explains the Shroud/the hood giving Spidey's 'do something worth while with your life' speech (although Bendis' bad writing could explain that too). It explains why Peter and MJ broke up. It explains why 'Peter' started dating Gwen so soon after they broke up. It explains where Spider-Woman is, it explains the freak-out when Aunt May suggested Johnny and Peter share a room. It gives some closure to the dangling 'Peter being blown up with Dr Strange's house' plot.

Maybe I'm wrong. There are some aspects of it that don't make sense, but it is plausible enough that I wouldn't put it past Bendis.

In a similar vein, there are some who think The Spider in Ultimate Comics Avengers is Peter possessed by a demon or something, and that Jessica is spidey.

This is a pretty popular theory, but I don't think it's true, if only because issue 4 saw Peter's costume top get blown to pieces, and we saw it from the front, and he very obviously had a guy's chest.

In a similar vein, there are some who think The Spider in Ultimate Comics Avengers is Peter possessed by a demon or something, and that Jessica is spidey.

This is a pretty popular theory, but I don't think it's true, if only because issue 4 saw Peter's costume top get blown to pieces, and we saw it from the front, and he very obviously had a guy's chest.

Yet incredibly effeminate hair.

Despite the hair-cut, I don't think Jessica is posing as Peter/Spider-Man. I hope not...it just reeks of nonsense. Its like Ultimizing the Clone Saga even further (in the thread of Ben Reilly posing as Peter Parker and vice versa), but making it even stupider by having the alternate played by a female clone. This idea is what would happen if Spider-Man (as a property) and Just One of the Guys had a baby. Just...no. Its far too Loeb-like a plot-line for my tastes.

Oh, and another thing:

captaincanuck65 said:
NO ONE knows that Jessica is pretending to be Peter (not MJ, not Aunt May, not Gwen).

See, thats even worse. Its pretty morally bankrupt of Jessica (as Peter) to carry on a relationship posing as someone else, let alone posing as another sex. And to continue with the movie analogies, its sort of Boys Don't Cry meets The Crying Game. And the thing is, Jessica, for most intents and purposes, is Peter. I find it hard to believe Peter would do something like that, and almost as hard that Jessica would, even factoring in the trauma of learning she was a clone, the whole Clone Saga experience, and living as a girl with a boy's memories. I get she is probably confused about a lot of things and is probably lonely, but I don't think she would be willing to do that (even under the guise of helping Peter out).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I hope not (and for once it has nothing to do with preserving some semblance of pride).

Despite the hair-cut, I don't think Jessica is posing as Peter/Spider-Man. I hope not...it just reeks of nonsense. Its like Ultimizing the Clone Saga even further (in the thread of Ben Reilly posing as Peter Parker and vice versa), but making it even stupider by having the alternate played by a female clone. This idea is what would happen if Spider-Man (as a property) and Just One of the Guys had a baby. Just...no. Its far too Loeb-like a plot-line for my tastes.

Oh, and another thing:

See, thats even worse. Its pretty morally bankrupt of Jessica (as Peter) to carry on a relationship posing as someone else, let alone posing as another sex. And to continue with the movie analogies, its sort of Boys Don't Cry meets The Crying Game. And the thing is, Jessica, for most intents and purposes, is Peter. I find it hard to believe Peter would do something like that, and almost as hard that Jessica would, even factoring in the trauma of learning she was a clone, the whole Clone Saga experience, and living as a girl with a boy's memories. I get she is probably confused about a lot of things and is probably lonely, but I don't think she would be willing to do that (even under the guise of helping Peter out).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I hope not (and for once it has nothing to do with preserving some semblance of pride).

that being said... I wouldn't surprise me if she and Gwen were lesbians.
I don't think it's the case either though.

The thing about that is you either are or aren't a lesbian...you can't be tricked into it (despite many women claiming exactly that happened to them in college).

Last edited:

The thing about that is you either are or aren't a lesbian...you can't be tricked into it (despite many women claiming exactly that happened to them in college).

That isnt as black and white as you try to make it seem.

There's a whole range of sexual preferences beyond gay or straight. It might take years to figure out where you stand.

Its like Ultimizing the Clone Saga even further (in the thread of Ben Reilly posing as Peter Parker and vice versa), but making it even stupider by having the alternate played by a female clone.

A lot of people were traumatized by the original Clone Saga, to the point that they think that the Ultimate Clone Saga has the same purpose. No, it doesn't. The point wasn't to replace Peter by one of its clone so that the character could start "anew", it was to tell a story about clones that fit in the whole "plot" of the super-human arms race. And perhaps to make Doc Ock the true nemesis of Peter, as a man who enjoys ruining his life and bringing him on the edge.

Jessica being lesbian, or at least questioning her sexuality would make sense, but since Gwen is dating Peter, a boy, I think it's clear that she isn't a lesbian... or if she is, it's overruled by some kind of "Peter-sexuality" (Simpsons inside) :lol:

Thing is, I think some people are a little bit too much upset by some of the changes in the statu quo that they absolutely want something to make it "false", like having Jessica poses as Peter.

@captaincanuck65,
Maybe you're wrong, but I hope not, pretty great idea I dare say!

Oh, and another thing:

I never said it was a GOOD idea. :)

In other news: Rick Jones apparently hasn't been forgotten after all.

ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN # 7
The Story: Spider-Man and his amazing friends, Iceman and the Human Torch, team up to help the newly powered Rick Jones deal with the crazy changes and responsibilities that come with...power. But what side of the coin is Rick Jones on? Is this the birth of a new hero? Or the birth of an ultimate…enemy?? Find out as the awesomely talented duo of BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (DARK AVENGERS) and TAKESHI MIYAZAWA (RUNAWAYS) bring you a new revelation in ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN! Part one of a two-part story!! Rated T …$3.99

In Stores: Feb 10, 2010

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back