Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (discussion/spoilers)

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 2 (Discussion/Spoilers)

Bet I can believe who the "iconic super hero" is moving into Aunt May's house. Mostly because he did it two issues ago.

It's going to be Marvelman.

She's gonna adopt Xavier's cat mystique.

And then Peter is gonna remind her that he used to have a kitty from the x-men himself.

Isn't Man-Spider supposed to show up in Ultimate Avengers, too? Millar's not as big at throwing away villains.

EDIT: Should've read the preview. Huh. Neat.

Millar is using a new character, called the Spider. He was on the cover of Ultimate Comics Avengers #2. It's different than this guy.

She's gonna adopt Xavier's cat mystique.

And then Peter is gonna remind her that he used to have a kitty from the x-men himself.

:lol:

Read issue #3. Good read, we see more about how Peter and MJ interact with each other (and things went badly it seems), when Gwen and Peter hooked up, etc.

Also more of Mysterio, who is still a big fan of illusions and diversions. He is also a big tech guy and is almost mystical with that weird cloud!

Still, I wish Lafuente would rework his Gwen and May, their face really aren't that nice! Gwen is his second-to-favorite character to draw, I hope he makes her prettier soon...

Still, I wish Lafuente would rework his Gwen and May, their face really aren't that nice! Gwen is his second-to-favorite character to draw, I hope he makes her prettier soon...

I wish Lafuente reworked everyone's face, and Peter's hair. They're awful :/
The rest of the art is awesome though :)

I wish Lafuente reworked everyone's face, and Peter's hair. They're awful :/

Agreed. Blech.

Still a vast improvement over the faces that Immonen drew imo.

No, not at all (imo). While sometimes Immonen would do chins weirdly, even his worst drawn face is night and day better than Lafuente's half-assed anime styling. Too simplistic, too anime, hardly any emotion or change of facial expressions...ugh. I'd almost rather Mark Bagley were drawing it again over Lafuente. And definitely would love to see Immonen return (his action scenes were awesomely dynamic and fun). Lafuente, at the least, manages to pull that aspect of this art off...but his anime faces and soccer-ball Spidey head are terrible.

Sorry, his art style just isn't my cup of tea.

Immonen > Lafuente > Bagley for me.

Immonen>Bagley>LaFuente

LaFuente is kinda....not great

but the series is still very good

I don't really get the Bagely hate, I mean sure his art wavered toward the end of his run and sometimes people would have similar faces but it wasn't a glaring carbon copy. He's designs and composition was great. And personally I can't stand Immonen just because of the faces, really ruins the rest for me.,

Oh I far from hate Bagley, I just prefer Immonen, and LaFuente ranks a ways down from Bags & Imm

Latest posts

Back