Ultimate Comics Spider-Man/Miles Morales Discussion (SPOILERS)

Re: Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Discussion (SPOILERS)

There's Superman, though it falls out of practice when he can fly.

I read the three issues.

I'm pretty sure I read this exact comic 10 years ago, except I wasn't continually reminded on every single page that another Spider-Man is much cooler than the one I'm reading.

It's his fault for falling in love with the girl who always ends up murdered.

That only happened once. And they had broken up years before she got murdered.

I read the three issues.

I'm pretty sure I read this exact comic 10 years ago, except I wasn't continually reminded on every single page that another Spider-Man is much cooler than the one I'm reading.

I know a couple parts parallel (or, in the case of Osborne's dialog, are nearly identical to) the earlier USM issues, but the exact same comic as a whole? Really?

Pretty much. But that's intentional. And that's not really my criticism, after all, I could've said the same thing about the first issues of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN. My point wasn't that I'd 'read it before', rather, that unlike the last time, in this story, there is not one scene that doesn't continually compare Miles with Peter and say, "Peter was cooler. Remember how awesome Peter was? He was awesome. Now it's time for you to be just as awesome in time." That's what I'm reacting to. I can't enjoy Miles for who he may be because Bendis will not stop harping on about Peter. And while that may make sense considering the world it's in, I think it is an error in judgment.

The art is very good though. And there are some nice ideas in the story: I like the new costume, and I like that Miles has different powers. But on the whole, I found it an exercise in futile frustration.

in this story, there is not one scene that doesn't continually compare Miles with Peter and say, "Peter was cooler. Remember how awesome Peter was? He was awesome. Now it's time for you to be just as awesome in time." That's what I'm reacting to. I can't enjoy Miles for who he may be because Bendis will not stop harping on about Peter. And while that may make sense considering the world it's in, I think it is an error in judgment.

I didn't really feel that at all as I was reading this. Although i suppose I can see where you're coming from.

Yeah. In retrospect, I shouldn't have said anything. If people are enjoying it, that's what matters.

whatever, you're entitled to your opinion too.

Where two people always agree. One person is useless.

I don't agree to that.

You're useless!

Shut up!

I read the three issues.

Oh come on. I'm really enjoying the new Spidey. It doesn't come off as forced or jammed down our throats at all, in my opinion. And I was sold on Miles after just the first issue. The dialogue at the school lottery and his talk with his father in the park were both great.

That's fair. I just found it annoying for that reason. I couldn't enjoy Miles because I kept hearing about Peter. :/

That's fair. I just found it annoying for that reason. I couldn't enjoy Miles because I kept hearing about Peter. :/

I get that. I'm just enjoying the new take: this kid isn't excited to have these powers like Peter was, and only reluctantly becomes the new Spider-Man. I think the referencing of Peter as Spider-Man will really only play into this arc, since this is setting up the "passing of the torch" so to speak.

Still, the dialogue has been enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to seeing where Miles' new powers take him.

So is peter going to be Miles 'uncle ben'?

So is peter going to be Miles 'uncle ben'?

yep, looks like.

The story has caught up to his appearance in Ultimate Fallout #4 and is now past it. I'm looking forward to his conversation with Jessica.

Sara Pachelli is kinda hot.

Wait, whut?

I always feel bad for thinking things like that with comic creators. Like they aren't asking to be judged on their looks, positive or negative. I guess it's biology and it's inevitable on some level, so what can you do.

Latest posts

Back