Ultimate Comics: Ultimates by Jonathan Hickman (spoilers)

Hickman said in an interview that he turned in his last issue of Ultimates last week.

I think he's going to take over Avengers after Bendis leaves.

Already? Geez. I thought he was on this for at least 5-arcs, which would be around 20 issues.

Last edited:
Could he just have written insanely ahead, and that's what he means by "turned in"? Either way, it'll be a shame to see him go.

I could be remembering wrong, but I think Hickman said he already had the first 5 arcs planned... it would seem plans changed and he's doing less than the 5 arcs he originally stated.

Yeah, I think it was on iFanboy where I saw him say he wanted to stay on longer but he got offered another gig that wouldn't let him stay on. Likely The Avengers. i'd rather see him on X-Men.

So, something that confused me in issue 9:

What exactly happened to the City? Did Zorn do the damage, or did the nukes? The dialogue seems to imply the latter, but if so, exactly what did Zorn's face-singularity do?

So what happened with
the nukes
, then? Just a double dose of destruction?

Last edited:
There were three explosions

Sidebar warning space Sidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning spaceSidebar warning space

The battle with zorn was not at the city, I doubt youknowwho is even aware what Zorn did yet

the nukes hit the city and their energy absorbers got most of it, but most of a **** ton of nukes still leave multiple friggin nukes, damaged the city, youknowho sent the guy with the crystal to blow up congress in retaliation to the nukes

atleast thats how I read it

Last edited:
I just really want Hickman to be better than that, y'know? guess it's a good thing the next issue is out in only two weeks.

Zorn attacked the Children fleet that was sent to Tian after the Oracle's attempt to communicate with them. It was the nukes that damaged The City.

Oh yeah, and the Children blew up Washington. Wow.

Last edited:
Okay, yeah, that makes a whole lot more sense now. Man, **** just does not stop going down in this series, huh?

Those last lines by Reed were crazy awesome too. This series has some damn good quotes.

Every month I have to go back and re-read the last couple of issues before I read the new one b/c I can never remember what in the world is going on! But it's sooo good! I hope the new guy (Humphries) is as good!

Last edited:
Every month I have to go back and re-read the last couple of issues before I read the new one b/c I can never remember what in the world is going on! But it's sooo good! I hope the new guy (Humphries) is as good!

Yeah, it's good but it's sensory overload. They took the widescreen blockbuster idea to the extreme.

I have to re-read this every once in a while as well.

Latest posts

Back