Ultimate Comics: Ultimates by Sam Humphries (spoilers)

Really? I don't seem to recall crazy stuff happening in Manhattan.

The three things that come to mind are the Triskelion getting blown up (think of how things were shut down with the World Trade Center went down and compare to the lack of references in the other books), the HUGE invasion of Chitauri all over the US, and the equally huge invasion of Norse gods (more concentrated in NYC I believe).

But I totally agree with you about the ripple effect of things like this. Attention to those details is what should have set the Ultimate books apart from the mainstream books. I think that kind of attention to detail tends to be viewed as a burden when it should have the complete opposite effect; it should open up huge and amazing opportunities for storytelling. How should the destruction of those tax havens affected just Tony Stark?!

That was acknowledged in Hickman's run, actually, if only briefly. There was a bunch of stuff with Tony and the Kratos Club, and how their interests went up even as Stark's crashed.

The three things that come to mind are the Triskelion getting blown up (think of how things were shut down with the World Trade Center went down and compare to the lack of references in the other books), the HUGE invasion of Chitauri all over the US, and the equally huge invasion of Norse gods (more concentrated in NYC I believe).

But I totally agree with you about the ripple effect of things like this. Attention to those details is what should have set the Ultimate books apart from the mainstream books. I think that kind of attention to detail tends to be viewed as a burden when it should have the complete opposite effect; it should open up huge and amazing opportunities for storytelling. How should the destruction of those tax havens affected just Tony Stark?!

I don't recall the Triskelion getting blown up. I'm really referring from 2000-2005. The last issue of GODS & MONSTERS story arc, before GRAND THEFT AMERICA is where I think it stopped being a worthwhile imprint.

That was acknowledged in Hickman's run, actually, if only briefly. There was a bunch of stuff with Tony and the Kratos Club, and how their interests went up even as Stark's crashed.

You're absolutely right. I'm wrong. They did address it. My bad.

I liked this issue, finally something is happening. I mean yeah, continuity and all that aside, it finally feels like it is gaining momentum to me.

I liked this issue, finally something is happening. I mean yeah, continuity and all that aside, it finally feels like it is gaining momentum to me.

Which issue?

It wasn't that nothing was happening, it's that what WAS happening was ridiculous.

would that be an E(ar)ring?

[video=youtube;sC75aU47GRk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC75aU47GRk[/video]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back