Ultimate Conspiracy, Galactus, and the Origin of Mutanity

Caduceus said:
I actually don't think Secret will heavily involved Galactus at all. I suspect it will focus on the Kree and Captain Mar-Vell but I suspect it will build up a sub-plot with the Kree then have Galactus come crashing in to burst their bubble.

I completely Agree. Secret should have little Galactus stuff, since the knowledge is confined to Sam Wilson, Capt America, Nick Fury, and Black widow..... We need to pile on more and more stuff so Ultimate Arrival is a huge huge Headache for SHIELD to deal with.

I think maybe this arc will be about the kree sending Captain Marvel to help out earth. Maybe they sent vision in 1904 as well.

So, I was just reading Assault on Weapon Plus by Grant Morrison and Chris Bachalo and well, yeah. I think Bendis, Millar and Ellis have ripped him off (kinda).

Superheroes as weapons. Right there.

Y'all are forgetting your 616

Something to ponder upon:

I seem to recall a certain person in 616 defeated Galactus, took his powers. Went insane. Well, went crazier. lol.

Now, thicken the plot - Ultimate Secret guest stars that certain someone's arch enemies.

And as far as Apocalypse is concerned . . . I recall he also defeated Galactus once. Hmmmm . . . now mebbe if Apocalypse is involved (lol), mebbe he's been creating the mutants as his army to fight Galactus. They are his super soldiers.

I agree that the super soldier serum was a Kree influence against the Skrulls. And does it ever fit in perfectly with my theory.

There are many players in this game. Earth is special for some reason.

Now to thicken the plot, you know who Galactus' Herald will be? Not the Silver Surfer. He'll be Loki's replacement as the Herald when all is said and done. Galactus will pick him up from the Ultimate Defenders (he won't be in issue 5 of Ultimates 2, but my gut tells me he will show up in Ultimate Arrival with as a new member of the Ultimate Defenders.).

LOKI. :roll:

And he's already here. One belief is that he's Jarvis. :lol: :roll:

Remember, Valstagg said to Thor: "Loki has allied himself with a power he can't control." or something to that extent.

Thor isn't nuts. He's really a God. He's here to battle Galactus, too.

The Ultimate Universe is all tied together and they have been forshadowing this mini for a bit of time now.

Peace!

Leather

leather_w0lf said:
Something to ponder upon:

I seem to recall a certain person in 616 defeated Galactus, took his powers. Went insane. Well, went crazier. lol.

Now, thicken the plot - Ultimate Secret guest stars that certain someone's arch enemies.

And as far as Apocalypse is concerned . . . I recall he also defeated Galactus once. Hmmmm . . . now mebbe if Apocalypse is involved (lol), mebbe he's been creating the mutants as his army to fight Galactus. They are his super soldiers.

I agree that the super soldier serum was a Kree influence against the Skrulls. And does it ever fit in perfectly with my theory.

There are many players in this game. Earth is special for some reason.

Now to thicken the plot, you know who Galactus' Herald will be? Not the Silver Surfer. He'll be Loki's replacement as the Herald when all is said and done. Galactus will pick him up from the Ultimate Defenders (he won't be in issue 5 of Ultimates 2, but my gut tells me he will show up in Ultimate Arrival with as a new member of the Ultimate Defenders.).

LOKI. :roll:

And he's already here. One belief is that he's Jarvis. :lol: :roll:

Remember, Valstagg said to Thor: "Loki has allied himself with a power he can't control." or something to that extent.

Thor isn't nuts. He's really a God. He's here to battle Galactus, too.

The Ultimate Universe is all tied together and they have been forshadowing this mini for a bit of time now.

Peace!

Leather

Nope

You doubt me?

OK. Doubt me for now.

But come back and praise my pregognative abilities when I am proven right.

I'm usually about 80% accurate when making these predictions.

:lol:

I'm not buying it either. From the chronology we understand, Ult. Secret happened in the year between the Ultimates #13 and Ultimates 2 #1. So the secret of Thors godhood won't come into play on that level in the Secret mini.

I agree, a certain synchronicity is nice, but sometimes stuff just does develop naturally, there doesn't need to be a reason behind it. I'm actually perfectly happy with mutants being the next stage in human evolution. it's doesn't necessarily work in real terms, but it feels quite balanced for some reason. some of the abilities do not, but that's beside the point.

I've never been a fan of having to buy another title to make sense of the one you actually want to by.

The Ultimates is a self-contained story. It can be set in a world that other stories inhabit, but the story contained within those pages should be within those pages. The beginning, the middle, nor the end should be found in another title.

Totally agree. Though the write up for the Ultimate trilogy said that there would be events that would shake up the ultimate universe for two years. Whether this is referring to the story of Galactus extending outside of this trilogy somehow (in the manner of this thread), or they are saying "man, we know we're gonna balls-up the schuduling on this one" is up to time to tell.

But more seriously. I hate hate hate the mega crossovers where you do need to buy 7 spidey issues that you've never bought before, along with 4 avengers and 10 x-men and 2 daredevil just to see how everything plays out. And I like the limited continuous series and a few minis of the Ult. line for this reason.

Exactly.

I'm all for mega-crossovers when the crossover is a separate title, as is the current trend for the Ultimate line - Ultimate War, Six, Nightmare, Secret, and Arrival, are all minis. If you want the mega-crossover involving a gabillion characters, you can get it. If you don't, stick to your title. It's a good way to do it.

Well, I would've liked if Galactus showed up in Nightmare for a fight... I think that, if he's going to be this humongous threat than he should elapse more than just one part of the trilogy.

so if they fought him in nightmare and lost, he eats the world, if they fought him and won, no more trilogy. How it all ties together at the end is gonna be the interesting bit. we can't possibly speculate about how the third part will really be played yet.
On a side note, anyone know how many issue's arrival is?

Does it matter how many issues?

It'll still take 12 months to ship in its entireity. Even if its only one issue! :D

Bass said:
Does it matter how many issues?

It'll still take 12 months to ship in its entireity. Even if its only one issue! :D

Don't punish whoever the artist is for Trevor Hairsine's sins. :D

Latest posts

Back