Ultimate Enemy discussion

Wow everyone is talking about robots. Guess I'll follow suit.

To me I think that based on Reed Richards absence on the cover of #1 is suppose to lead us to believe that he's the "ultimate enemy"

This could be a red herring as the enemy will be
Richard's H.E.R.B.I.E. robot
Bendis has stated he's been wanting to write this for sometime now and he way back when UFF started his main concern was having
H.E.R.B.I.E
in it.

So the attacks on the BB, Fury, Roxxon (can't think of how they fit yet), and the Richard's home could all be
H.E.R.B.I.E. attacking those that it has wronged Reed and put him where he's at in life

i'm glad i went to bed last night and didn't continue with this conversation...

anyway, i have to say that I REALLY hope that this arc ties together all the Roxxon stuff and the Latveria stuff from UMTU and the USM game. If it does that i'll be satisfied.

Wasn't Jessica created by a CIA thinktank? Roxxon had nothing to do with the Clone Saga.

Guys, the robots really were in Ultimates 3. You don't remember that?

It's true. They do have a propensity for pulverizing fleshy things.

And getting you pregnant!

Isn't that how you get pregnant?

anyway, i have to say that I REALLY hope that this arc ties together all the Roxxon stuff and the Latveria stuff from UMTU and the USM game. If it does that i'll be satisfied.

Prepare to be left as unsatisifed as a high school guy dating a sober virgin. Bendis should apologize for your blue balls.

wow. that looks incredibly stupid.

one minute he's a purple blob guy, then all of a sudden with no explanation he's wearing armor?

EDIT: and that's not the same artist as in issue one, is it?

Last edited:
wow. that looks incredibly stupid.

one minute he's a purple blob guy, then all of a sudden with no explanation he's wearing armor?

EDIT: and that's not the same artist as in issue one, is it?

It's the same artist.

I dunno, this looks...okay? Ultimate Human and Ultimate Armor Wars have taught me to dislike 4-issue minis on principle, because the stories they tell are never suited to the 4-issue format and always end up being extremely unsatisfying. I'm less bothered by the fact that our titular Enemy can spontaneously gain armor (the guy obviously has some mad molecular shifting abilities) than I am about the fact that Bendis takes forever to tell stories, and this format doesn't give him that luxury.

Did Bendis forget he shaved Bobby's head a few issues ago, or does Ultimate Enemy only happen a while from now?

This was horrible. Typical Bendis repetition dialogue which as always gets annoying as hell, and of course the story barely even moves along. If at all, that is. The bad guy looks like a rejected Yellow Lantern or something. The only good thing about this whole issue (and about both issues so far) was the quick interaction between Gwen and Bobby.

This was horrible. Typical Bendis repetition dialogue which as always gets annoying as hell, and of course the story barely even moves along. If at all, that is. The bad guy looks like a rejected Yellow Lantern or something. The only good thing about this whole issue (and about both issues so far) was the quick interaction between Gwen and Bobby.

yep.

i honestly don't understand how so little can happen in 18 pages.

the miniseries is 4 issues long and we're half way through...nothing.

yep.

i honestly don't understand how so little can happen in 18 pages.

the miniseries is 4 issues long and we're half way through...nothing.

Well it's part of a trilogy so he could be slowly building up to something... but then again. Ultimate Power was 9 issues long. And it took 8 and a half to be mildly intresting...

yeah, this wasnt very good.
euhm.... so any theories on whats being targeted? Mostly based on the attack on Jessica I'm guessing clones.

Jessica -> clone
Reed richards -> made clones of the ultimates (mini-mates?)
baxter building -> had the scorpion clone (I think?) and Reeds minimates
Roxxon -> made clones (?)
Aunt mays house -> had been visited by at least 3 clones and is the home of a guy who has been cloned
Nick Fury -> ... I got nothing. He's a clone too?

Pink Larfleeze might be the clone equivalent of the time spiders (the what now?).
If we see this guy punching doc ock in the face its certain.

Well it's part of a trilogy so he could be slowly building up to something... but then again. Ultimate Power was 9 issues long. And it took 8 and a half to be mildly intresting...

yeah, but Ultimate Nghtmare was the first part of a trilogy too and it had it's own story and was actually interesting.

Ultimate Nightmare was awesome.

Let's change this thread to an Ultimate Nightmare discussion thread and talk about that again.

Tunguska...who knew?

It's too bad Ultimate Nightmare was the best part of the Ultimate Galactus arc and that Prof X's part of the plan to defeat Gah Lac Tus was the exact same plan 616 Prof X used to defeat the Z'Nox Invasion force in X-Men #65

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back