Ultimate Extinction #1 Discussion (Spoilers)

The cover isn't all shiny like the rest of the Ultimate issues that I have. Do you notice a difference between your most recent Ultimate issues and this one, DIB?! :twisted: I just wanna know an answer to a simple question!

Goodwill said:
The cover isn't all shiny like the rest of the Ultimate issues that I have. Do you notice a difference between your most recent Ultimate issues and this one, DIB?! :twisted: I just wanna know an answer to a simple question!

You're right, its a non-gloss. And I think the paper weight is lighter too.

DIrishB said:
No, it didn't, I'm just assuming. But it did look an awful lot like 616 Moondragon.

Ya, and she had that Dragon tatoo on her arm. So Her name probably have a Dragon in it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't have it infront of me. Is the dragon similar to the Doom one or did someone see a dragon and get us wound up?

They do look a lot alike.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't have it infront of me. Is the dragon similar to the Doom one or did someone see a dragon and get us wound up?
The dragon seems different than that of Doom's.

icemastertron said:

Ya, I brought some comics to read up here. You know just incase it's poring, and I'm bord. And I'm looking at both of them right now. It is close but they are different. I'd show you but My friend dose not have a scanner.

Last edited:
the watcher said:
Ya, I brought some comics to read up here. You know just incase it's poring and I'm bord. And I'm looking at both of them right now. It is close but they are different.
Yeah. For a second, I thought it was the same.

TheManWithoutFear said:
How different? Like are the dragons in different stances?
Yeah. Instead of the dragon looking like its flying up, this one is "coming around" and its head is more like its coming towards you. Plus its a darker color.

TheManWithoutFear said:
How different? Like are the dragons in different stances?

No the stances is the same. But the head and eyes are different.

It would be interesting if Doom was involved. Perhaps the new tattoo is version 2.0?

Goodwill said:

I'm too busy looking for timeline placement clues to notice stuff like that.

ProjectX2 said:
It would be interesting if Doom was involved. Perhaps the new tattoo is version 2.0?

Doom will have nothing to do with Gah Lak Tus or Ultimate Extinction...accept it, get over it, and move on.

This message is brought to you by "DUH!" Inc.

icemastertron said:

And not once did you think 'Oh yeah, it's a different artist'?

Come on, if Misty bloody Knight and Moon Dragon are in an Ultimate Galactus saga, why the hell not Doom? He was an ultimization of Ellis' in the first place.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Did you know that Greg Land and Stuart Immonen are different artists, yet the dragon was drawn the same way? Really, it's true.

Last edited:
Fuzzy Birds said:

Come on, if Misty bloody Knight and Moon Dragon are in an Ultimate Galactus saga, why the hell not Doom? He was an ultimization of Ellis' in the first place.

I have seen this a few times on the site. Someone points something like this out and I run to the store to look it over and they're completely wrong about it. This is why I asked about stance. I know it might be a product of different artists but if the dragon's position is different then it is done on purpose and Doom will have nothing to do with it.

Sorry if my faith in the observations are lacking. :?

For comparison:

Dragon from UF 26:
UFF-dragon.jpg

Dragon from UE 1:
UE-dragon.jpg

Latest posts

Back