Ultimate Extinction #3 (Discussion/Spoilers)

ProjectX2 said:
Those drone bullet things from Wikipedia?

There is an entry for it in Wikipedia unrelated to Ultimate Extinction, yes. Bass might know...I can't for the life of me remember.

E said:
There is an entry for it in Wikipedia unrelated to Ultimate Extinction, yes. Bass might know...I can't for the life of me remember.

I've been going insane for the last hour trying to find this. For the love of all things holy, someone help me out.

E said:
I've been going insane for the last hour trying to find this. For the love of all things holy, someone help me out.

Sorry, I Can't.

My nature force me to laugh diabolically as I watch you lose your mind .

:twisted:

Last edited:
vintsukka said:
Sorry, EVIL. I just can't see a man struggling like that.

You are a soft man, Vintsukka. You wouldn't last one minute in the Brotherhood of E.Vi.L. posters.

Last edited:
Why the hell would I know?! :?

That said - I do know what a berserker probe is from Babylon 5, but that is beside the point.

Bass said:
Why the hell would I know?! :?

That said - I do know what a berserker probe is from Babylon 5, but that is beside the point.

Nexus, my ***.

the art was a bit dissapointing in this one...which was the only thing wrong. but wow, was i relieved to see silver surfer on his board. i wasn't a fan of the wings.
those teeth were also quite the surprise...
mhar vel's in for it...

DanMo said:
the art was a bit dissapointing in this one...which was the only thing wrong. but wow, was i relieved to see silver surfer on his board. i wasn't a fan of the wings.
mhar vel's in for it...
WELCOME! :D

DanMo said:
mhar vel's in for it...

Welcome DanMo!

Actually, I think the wing guy and the surfer are two different entites since the surfer was shot from Gah Lak Tus when Xavier touched its mind, while the angel has been on Earth for a little while beforehand. It's possible, I suppose, that the angel went BACK to Gah Lak Tus... but I don't know. Maybe different versions of the same weapon?

thanks for the warm welcome guys :wink:
so Bass, you really think there are multiple versions of the silver "guy" ?(if i understand u correctly) i guess that makes more sense, cuz if there was only one, it doesn't explain how he could be travelling back and forth from gah lak tus so often from such great distances...

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking. I thought either the Silver Angel is someone who (as Dr Strangefate said) goes around creating an 'ark', thus preserving the species Gah Lak Tus wipes out. But since the Silver Surfer is a weapon Gah Lak Tus uses as a long-range attack should he be engaged prior to his arrival, it's possible Silver Angel is like a reconaissance device, that relays information to Gah Lak Tus prior to his arrival to make sure there aren't any surprises.

I dunno, but what I like about Extinction is that Gah Lak Tus isn't intent on being defeated. It has one goal, and it does it damn well and has done so for, what seems to be millennia, so it has many safeguards and varying methods of destruction.

Let's just hope he doesn't develop a weakness for bread or MSDOS and is 'defeated'.

i realy realy realy hated the art in this one. :evil: The story was ok, but the art totally ruined it for me. Everything seems stale and it looks like they've used a computer to model the position and the bodies of the characters.

Especially the first fight looks absolutely cr*ptacular. Hawk smashing into a car and captain hitting surfer from above... that's not how a comics artist would draw that... thats how a computer would! Look at the way the bodies of every single character in this book are positioned! What? Marvel cant aford artists anymore, so they hired a computer?

There isnt a single panel I liked about it. What are those clouds in the last pages supposed to look like? storm coulds? smog? an M.C. Escher exploded? I wont even start about the shading.... I dont like the way surfer's colored. Shouldent his skin look more like Collossus when he's in his metal form?

But the worst is the cover! Surfer being attacked by horribly-drawn computer generated skeletons. Surfer doesnt wear clothes, right? the silver is his skin. Then why does he have a penisbulge on the cover?! (im sorry, i've must've laughed at that for 10 minutes :lol: )

Latest posts

Back