Votes: 5 17.2%

Votes: 15 51.7%

Votes: 8 27.6%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Spade said:
1) I LOVE HIS HAIR

Who's, Johnny's? I hate the BeeGees haircut he's sporting now. He looks like the kids I used to beat up in high school.

2) ART IS AMAZING!!

That I can agree with, Land is the man!

3) STORY IS GREAT

Ehhh, its ok, but not Millar's best work by far. The most clever thing about this whole arc so far is the big joke he played on everyone by hyping this as a 616 crossover.

4) NO ULTIMIZED VILLIANS!!!@???? :shock: :x

Nope, not looking that way.

Spade said:
4) NO ULTIMIZED VILLIANS!!!@???? :shock: :x

Like I said before, if there's a title that doesn't necessarily need villains, it's the Fantastic Four. Not saying that I'm enjoying this story (Nor do I hate it), it just proves that it's definitely possible.

DIrishB said:
Ehhh, its ok, but not Millar's best work by far. The most clever thing about this whole arc so far is the big joke he played on everyone by hyping this as a 616 crossover.
He didn't hype it as a 616 crossover. Not his fault people believed that it was just cuz he said there were "Avengers" and not "Ultimates", and all that. :p

He blatantly hyped it as 'maybe'. It's not fair to say, "Hey, it's your fault you thought it was a 616/UU crossover" when it was so heavily implied. *wags finger*

Bass said:
He blatantly hyped it as 'maybe'. It's not fair to say, "Hey, it's your fault you thought it was a 616/UU crossover" when it was so heavily implied. *wags finger*
Which unfortunately, is entirely unsurprising behavior from Millar. Kind of why I thought it was suspect in the first place.

icemastertron said:
He didn't hype it as a 616 crossover. Not his fault people believed that it was just cuz he said there were "Avengers" and not "Ultimates", and all that. :p

Besides, it was really Wizard that was speculating the 616 bit. Millar just let it all pass and was probably laughing all the way to the bank when it was first released.

TheManWithoutFear said:
For anyone who thinks that Millar and Marvel didn't "hype" it as a 616 crossover. I beg to differ. I thought someone posted here and at Ultimate-X an interview that had Millar saying we're doing a 616 crossover, deal with it...
Like I said, Millar ****ing with us in unsurprising. But the thing is, he was so whacked tongue in cheek about the whole affair, it was hard to believe he was seriously doing a 616 crossover.

If anything, Millar's refusal to make committal comment about whether it REALLY was a 616 crossover was what we got most from him, and it was Marvel's solicitations that REALLY fuelled the fire for this. The fact that Millar never said anything to the contrary is just as "irresponsible" as saying it was true. Not that it matters to me, because every word out of Millar's mouth is so annoyingly calculated that it's just a matter of how to read him as an interviewee.

TheManWithoutFear said:
For anyone who thinks that Millar and Marvel didn't "hype" it as a 616 crossover. I beg to differ. I thought someone posted here and at Ultimate-X an interview that had Millar saying we're doing a 616 crossover, deal with it...
Again, I was joking, but I would like to see that, though.

ourchair said:
Like I said, Millar ****ing with us in unsurprising. But the thing is, he was so whacked tongue in cheek about the whole affair, it was hard to believe he was seriously doing a 616 crossover.

If anything, Millar's refusal to make committal comment about whether it REALLY was a 616 crossover was what we got most from him, and it was Marvel's solicitations that REALLY fuelled the fire for this. The fact that Millar never said anything to the contrary is just as "irresponsible" as saying it was true. Not that it matters to me, because every word out of Millar's mouth is so annoyingly calculated that it's just a matter of how to read him as an interviewee.

Yeah. I like him for that. it's one of the things that translates into good writing. Actually, I'd be curious if he ever wrote a novel or if he is planning too. I'd love to read one from him.

ourchair said:

Which as been a problem since as long as I can remember. He did the same thing for Hellfire and Brimstone in UXM and that screwed the series up. Hopefully he doesn't send UFF into the ground by showing off. He's not perfect. He's just Scottish... (Since I'm Scottish myself, the excuse is permittable!)

Goodwill said:
Which as been a problem since as long as I can remember. He did the same thing for Hellfire and Brimstone in UXM and that screwed the series up. Hopefully he doesn't send UFF into the ground by showing off. He's not perfect. He's just Scottish... (Since I'm Scottish myself, the excuse is permittable!)
"Millar was never perfect. He was never perfect. Scrawny little effort of a man. He never understood that self-promotion is an art, not a system. His precious marketing is all based on a hallucination. And he dares to pit his invented storylines against my infallible instinctual knowledge as a reader of that which is right? His system was so utterly wrong that not even Marvel could fix it."

ourchair said:
"Millar was never perfect. He was never perfect. Scrawny little effort of a man. He never understood that self-promotion is an art, not a system. His precious marketing is all based on a hallucination. And he dares to pit his invented storylines against my infallible instinctual knowledge as a reader of that which is right? His system was so utterly wrong that not even Marvel could fix it."

That statement applies surprisingly well to George Bush also. Though in Bush's case, his hallucinations are likely LSD flashbacks. And his storylines are pretty much any lie he spouts out. And Marvel would have to be his cabinet. Other than that, exactly!!

ourchair said:
nice little doom quote reworded

TheApostle said:
nice little doom quote reworded
You have no idea how multi-purpose that quote is, especially in reports for experimental science and cognitive theory.

I love Doom. I wish Ellis would return to UFF to expand on the character, just as Bendis expanded on the Goblin from his initially lame appearance in Power & Responsibility.

Latest posts

Back