Ultimate Fantastic Four #24 (SPOILERS)

Lynx said:
Well, she DID say that Atlantis meant more to her then her children and husband combined. She's been gone for 15 years, it's almost like they got divorced. Of course there's nothing there anymore. I think she's just a cold hearted *****, and I hope Namor barbeque and fillets her.

And it's Mary Storm, not Richards. :lol:

Thank you! Oh, man I couldn't agree with you more.

Whatever Mary Storm is still hiding from her children, will be her undoing, when Namor is ready to finiisher, and she begs Sue to stop him. I hope Sue lets her so. But I cannot wait for the Namor/Human Torch fight next issue.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Are we even sure that Frightful will deal with the frightful four?

About 99% sure.

UltimateScarletWitch said:
May I jusy say, Dr. Mary Storm is the biggest ***** I have ever seen/readabout. What the hell? That woman deserves to have a ninja punch her in the uterus and rip it out.

LOL, that alone proves its not Hawkeye101, he's not that funny.

What the Hell was she having children for if she found her work so damn important?

Good question.

Dr. Mary Storm discusts me.

Anywho... there is more to the 'death' of Mary than we know. Dr. Franklin Storm seems to be hiding something throughout all of his I'm Sorrys. I mean there has to be another element to Mary. She finds a use for her children and desides to come out of hiding. And their father has onl this to say: 'Don't hate me.' There is another surprize element, just you wait.

I was thinking the same thing.

Oh, and next issue will be an honorary issue to the 616 Original Human Torch versus Namor from way back in the thirties/fourties. It'll be Human Torch against Namor, and as cute as ohnny is, Namor is gonna force-feed Johnny is own butt.

Definitly will be a salute to the old Torch/Namor battles of the old days, like you said. And if Namor is powerful enough to be a challenge for all 4, then yes, he should be able to "feed Johnny his own butt." Hell, if a couple of the Inhumans could've done it, then Namor should be able to.

MaxwellSmart said:
I didn't like the look of Atlantis. It looked exactly ancient Egypt. I just expected Millar to be more original. Hell, even Namor looks like someone out of the Ten Commandments. My bet is that the Inhumans will be Atlantians that went to the surface world.

Atlantis is theorized to have had Egyptian and Greek influences, so its "look" is accurate given the little known about it, though it doesn't exist anyway so... And Namor looks much like 616 Namor, not understanding the Ten Commandments reference. But I agree with the Inhumans mention, that would make a lot of sense.

E.Vi.L. said:
For the destruction thing, I already told my theory ; study the virus Resident Evil style. They should put a bullet to the head of Norman like Cap suggested, but they don't do that either, do they?

Good point.

ourchair said:
In any case, I am all so sick and tired of this "Sue is not as smart and only does biology she should not be able to do anything physics because that is Reed's domain" baloney.

Yes, we got that from the first time you posted it.

Last edited:
Blech.

Millar once again does his penchant for just delivering tons of exposition badly. I just found the issue to be dull and quite a big, fat cliche to be honest. Big, big fat cliche. Atlantis is Ancient Egypt is weird aliens is sunken. The whole 'original' aspect is that it's Namor, because Namor isn't normally like this - which is bull****.

Plus, Atlantis was one of "two continents" the other I'm sure is Attilan.

All in all, I'm extremely disappointed. I just found it dull. Maybe it's because it's one of the hype.

I can't ****ing stand it when they hype a series or story arc by giving away the entire first issue - because it means the first issue is dull and pointless, with nothing happening we don't know about, ending on a cliffhanger we knew about weeks in advance. Either I knew too much going in (and I know that foreknowledge doesn't ruin a good story, therefore implying #24 just wasn't well written) or that not enough happened in this issue - basically, it was badly written.

Greg Land is wonderful though.

Still, I'm looking forward to the rest of Millar and Land's run. I just think this was a bad issue. The best part of it was Reed talking to his other dimensional zombie self.

Just got done reading it.

This smells fishy to me (no pun intended. Honest!). The mom appears to be emotionless and then she just shows up saying "Okay, I'm going to borrow you guys to go thousands of feet underwater." Something's not right here.

Still, that mom is a major MILF. Much hotter than her daughter.

Doc Comic said:
The mom appears to be emotionless and then she just shows up saying "Okay, I'm going to borrow you guys to go thousands of feet underwater." Something's not right here.

My first thought while reading her lines was somewhere along the lines of, "You've got to be kidding me." I had similar reactions reading stuff by Reginald Hudlin and Chris Claremont.

But I read it again and I agree with you. Millar isn't a bad writer; quite the opposite actually. Something is up.

DIrishB said:
I was only kidding about that anyway. But just to play Devil's Advocate, if it is Namorita, one would assume she can alter her appearance somehow to look like Mrs. Storm. I think that would also work in making her ears look normal.
Eh, I don't see how that would work. I'd want her powers to be like Namor's

DIrishB said:
Or maybe Ultimate Namorita, who poses as their mother to get them to help her find her long lost love, Namor! ;)

And you say I have bad ideas....

I liked the issue. Mom is a MILF. Dad is hiding something about mom. Something tells me that mom would cross the line of manslaughter if it came down to the secrets of Atlantis, and Namor is gonna end up as 'friends' of the FF by the end of this.

Latest posts

Back