Ultimate Forge?

Friday

And there's something else we haven't concideded here. Beast was the teams tech-head. With him gone will Xavier need to bring in a new mutant to keep things running in the mansion? I'd love to see Ultimate Forge come back. He can give a little insite into what's happened to the brotherhood members incarcerated since Return of the King.

It would be good especially because Forge was never happy about being a super bad guy. He didn't want to build a doomsday weapon.

Caduceus said:
It would be good especially because Forge was never happy about being a super bad guy. He didn't want to build a doomsday weapon.

I dunno, he really wanted to build it. Now using it to cause a mass extinction, that's another story.

Yeah, he was so exicted that he said with building that weapon that amplified Magneto's power by like 500%, made all his other gadgets look like coffee makers.

I got the feeling that Forge was a Mutant for Hire. He did what he did because he didn't know Magneto's actual motive. I wouldn't be surprised if he were the first one to walk out of SHIELD scott free.

Maybe they will stick him behind the scenes of the black-ops team
Forge always struck me as a tech-support type of guy rather than a go-out-and-beat-the-crap-out-of-bad-guys guy. Maybe its just me.

Caduceus said:
Maybe they will stick him behind the scenes of the black-ops team
Forge always struck me as a tech-support type of guy rather than a go-out-and-beat-the-crap-out-of-bad-guys guy. Maybe its just me.

I deffinatly agree there, I'd just rather see him working behind the scenes for Xavier than for Fury or some other less than reputable powered group.

Forge always struck me as a tech-support type of guy rather than a go-out-and-beat-the-crap-out-of-bad-guys guy.

Great point.

Forge is someone I would most definitely like to see more than anyone else that has been thrown into limbo. The last time we saw him he was trying to back away from Magneto a little bit, like loosen up those ties with him, but couldn't and got caught up in the middle of all that mess with the X-Men thereafter. There should be something more to him than that... There has to be. For someone like Toad or Blob, I can understand if they aren't seen again for a while, but Forge should pop up soon.

It would be good to see someone. Maybe he can become the resident nerd now that Beast is gone.

He is definitely smarter than Beast. Remember he can make anything out of anything. That's a beautiful power to have, you know? He's probably up there with Sage and her computer of a brain...

There's a thought, anyone heard any rumors of Ultimate Sage? I do like the character and i enjoyed her showing up in X-men: the End. I hope she wasn't vapourized like the rest of the Hellfire Club. As long as they don't perpetuate the "Sage can beat up the fury" nonsense

well, I didn't like Forge much, and I also think the book is starting to get crowded as it is.
Vaughan is doing a great job, highlighting 12 different characters all along, but I don't think adding further characters will make things easier for him.
I also think the one reason he has been able to keep up the spotlight on tha cast is, because most of his plots were rather simple, personal stuff. I doubt he could keep up what he is doing while leading the X-Men on another major campain against MAgneto or Apocalypse or anyone else.

I beg to differ. Vaughan has a very good writing style for any kind of team. First, he can highlight each character, if only for a panel, and get their character across enough to make a point. Second, there's plenty of plot to his stories, personal or not... If you'll notice in Sinister, there is twists and turns concerning who Sinister was actually out to get and whatever else was in there that I seem to be escaping my head right now... I think he could definitely do an Apocolypse story!

He already did- sorta. I agree about not cluttering up the characters but i would like to see a mutant underground that is maybe more focused on protecting mutants than stopping super-villains. Sage and Forge could fit in there well i think

Latest posts

Back