Ultimate Hulk Vs. Wolverine #3 cancelled

Re: Ultimate Hulk Vs. Wolverine Not Just Delayed...

it's not cancelled cancelled it's just put on hold until the rest of the series is finished

i hope this aint true

but what the hell i'll still buy it

*EDIT* on the other hand how long did it take to write the bible?

Last edited:

This has been delayed so long it doesn't really matter anymore.

Last edited:

Good.

Now here's the truth. We'll never hear about it again.

It's totally cancelled.

I don't understand why they don't just have Yu finish pencilling it, but get somebody like Daniel Way (for instance) to write the scripts from Lindleof's plot.

Then it would at least be finished, the trade would be consistent with Yu as artist and Lindleof could still get writing credit for all the Lost crowd.

It's just ridiculous that this can't get done.

I don't understand why they don't just have Yu finish pencilling it, but get somebody like Daniel Way (for instance) to write the scripts from Lindleof's plot.

because daniel way is the worst god damn writer in marvels stable

Then it would at least be finished, the trade would be consistent with Yu as artist and Lindleof could still get writing credit for all the Lost crowd.

It's just ridiculous that this can't get done.
Good approach you've suggested; horrible choice of replacement, in my personal opinion. I just don't "feel" a lot of Way's work; even his best stuff -- Wolverine: Origins -- is just barely there, in terms of keeping me *interested* in his storylines, even if they *are* the kind of narratives that make him seem like an obvious stand-in for UHv.W.

I'd suggest Garth Ennis, but I honestly think his talent is better used on creator-owned stuff. (And besides, if i'm not mistaken, he's DC exclusive.) But I have no doubt that he's got precisely the kind of writing style needed to finish scripting it from Lindelof's plot outlines.

Last edited:

Well, Way was just an example since he's written both characters in 616 and seems to only excel at characters kicking the crap out of each other.

Someone like Greg Pak or Jeff Parker or Frank Tieri, "Marvel go-to guys" would do just as well.

Or hey, maybe Loeb could do it. He and Lindleof seem to be buddies.

Last edited:
By the time it gets done I won't even care about it anymore.

And it's not like Lindleof is some fantastic, irreplaceable writer. He's just a guy. It's not like you're waiting for the last issue of Watchmen or something.

The whole relevence of the series is pretty much gone now anyway, with the Hulk back in Ultimates and X-Men well past this series.

It's just lost it's "oomph."

I'll just forget about it and be surprised when it shows up, like Planetary only not as good.

Still, I'll lay odds Wolverine vs. Hulk has six issues out before All-Star Batman.

Last edited:
Ditto. I do agree with Joe about Marvel setting these Ultimate Events between stories and never finishing them though. Hopefully after this, they'll learn.

:lol:

I honestly don't care anymore if it finishes or not. If it does, great, if not, oh well.

The fact that they're still doing single issues is just dumb. It's smart that they're holding off releasing it until they can ship properly. But why not just scrap the single issues and just release the TPB. Or at least the HC and then do the TPB SC later (ala UIM)?

Its a bit annoying I suppose but I'm happy to wait !!

The original first copies of issues 1 and 2 will be worth a mint in years to come !!

I always try and look at the positive things !!

The fact that they're still doing single issues is just dumb. It's smart that they're holding off releasing it until they can ship properly. But why not just scrap the single issues and just release the TPB. Or at least the HC and then do the TPB SC later (ala UIM)?

That wouldn't be entirely fair to everyone who bought the first two issues when they came out.

I actually prefer the single issues to trades (a dying breed, I know) and I really hate that my investment in serial storytelling is becoming more and more marginalised.

You're going to publish a six issue mini-series, publish six issues. Not just two issues and then a collection of those two and the last four unplublished books.

I'd suggest Garth Ennis, but I honestly think his talent is better used on creator-owned stuff. (And besides, if i'm not mistaken, he's DC exclusive.) But I have no doubt that he's got precisely the kind of writing style needed to finish scripting it from Lindelof's plot outlines.

My friend, have you forgotten PUNISHER MAX????? ;)

Latest posts

Back