Ultimate Hulk Vs. Wolverine #3 cancelled

Then he.shouldn't.have.hired.him!

This is why things are always late from marvel. Because Queseda only looks for big names, not bothering to consider if they'll keep a schedule.

I think its safe to say that Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk has become the new Spider-Man/Black Cat. You'd think Queseda would have learned.

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm posting on this thread again. Seriously, who even cares anymore? Wolverine stabbing Hulk and getting torn in half. That's all that this is. If I were waiting for a new issue of some Alan Moore masterpiece...that would be one thing.

But this is freaking Wolverine fighting Hulk. It's been done a bazillion times. Bah!

I can't believe I'm posting on this thread again. Seriously, who even cares anymore? Wolverine stabbing Hulk and getting torn in half. That's all that this is. If I were waiting for a new issue of some Alan Moore masterpiece...that would be one thing.

But this is freaking Wolverine fighting Hulk. It's been done a bazillion times. Bah!

Did you read it? :sure: Because it wasn't just Hulk ripping him in half, there was an actual story in those issues. . .

Did you read it? :sure: Because it wasn't just Hulk ripping him in half, there was an actual story in those issues. . .

Yeah, but I guess that my point was that it's just Wolverine vs. Hulk. At this point I'd be more satisfied with just 6 issues of fight scenes that came out on time than this pseudo-storytelling that's taking FOREVER to write.

Yeah, but I guess that my point was that it's just Wolverine vs. Hulk. At this point I'd be more satisfied with just 6 issues of fight scenes that came out on time than this pseudo-storytelling that's taking FOREVER to write.

At this point, I'll wait. Its so off my radar, that I really don't care. I just like to point out Joey Q's piss poor prior planning as often as possible. :D

Quesada: The script for issue #3 is in, and Damon Lindelof should have the script for #4 soon. While Damon is mortified that it's taken this long, he does have this little thing called Lost that takes up his time.

That's why you should have a little thing called "planning accordingly".

I feel like we should start a new poll, which will end first UHvW or Ultimates 4?

I love how many times we've heard this from Lindelof.

Then he.shouldn't.have.hired.him!

This is why things are always late from marvel. Because Queseda only looks for big names, not bothering to consider if they'll keep a schedule.

I think its safe to say that Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk has become the new Spider-Man/Black Cat. You'd think Queseda would have learned.

This is what really pisses me off about this: Does Lost get delayed? Hell no. Because Lindelof has to make the deadlines or he's finished. There's so much money and production involved, he can't afford to be late.

But Marvel... look, I don't blame Lindelof for spending more time on Lost than the comic. I completely understand - if he has to prioritize, Lost is his top priority. I don't think that's a problem.

What does piss me off is that Marvel whores itself to these big name guys, begging them to do comics in an attempt to legitimise the medium in the mainstream, and then conducts its business in an horrifically amateurish fashion.

Marvel should be able to hire someone, set a deadline that's reasonable for all parties concerned, and then release the title. If the talent responsible is incapable of meeting that deadline and is incapable of resolving it effectively, then fire them.

It's hard for anyone to take Marvel with serious respect when they conduct themselves so shamelessly.

Cancelling something because it doesn't sell is one thing - but cancelling it because you're unable to have your workforce produce the product?

Why did no one see this coming? WHY was #1 released when #3 wasn't even finished? WHY would anyone sign off to that? How can they be that shortsighted all the time?

If I was someone who had a say in what got published and what didn't, I'd have entire 6 arcs fully finished before #1 got solicited. And I'd do this all over the shop, to prove that Marvel can keep deadlines, especially when DC is producing a weekly comic. It's shambolic.

Seven years ago, Marvel was this creative dynamo. Now it's a shambolic, amateurish operation that tries to sell empty promises as products that don't exist yet.

Last edited:
I'd rather there be a really good story out of a high profile writer than none at all. The two issues that we've gotten out of this mini-series so far have been really enjoyable... Additionally, Whedon and Cassaday had delay trouble, too, on Astonishing, but he still turned out gold. That's the high price of comic books, delays are.

Whedon and Cassady have been on Astonishing for less than three years now and have put out, what, 20 issues? I have no idea, I didn't get it after 12.

That's a damn sight better than releasing 0 issues in thirteen months. In fact, it's better than bi-monthly.

We already pay a price for good comics, $2.99, why should we be expected to pay more than what's on the cover?

I didn't take it like that, I took it like he's finishing one issue of Averngers, doing some Ultimate Hulk and Wolvie ****, then going to back to Avengers

But I'm usually wrong

Latest posts

Back