Ultimate Hulk Vs. Wolverine #3 cancelled

It's not that I don't care at all if this never sees the light of day, but it's not like I'm burning my butt waiting for it, especially since other publications have told us of the characters' fates already.

It isn't the outcome so much as the lead-up to said outcome I'm interested in. Lindelof had begun crafting a pretty kick-*** tale in my opinion, one that fit into continuity and made the most of the characters and their situations. I'm just ticked its going to be such a long wait between issues...it could end up being at least a year between #2 and #3.

Shouldn't this thread be closed since I'm pretty sure it hasn't been cancelled? I remember reading a Joe Friday where he said that it will come out. It just won't come out for a while. He admitted that this was a bad time to contract Lindelof to write a mini.

Last edited:
Shouldn't this thread be closed since I'm pretty sure it hasn't been cancelled? I remember reading a Joe Friday where he said that it will come out. It just won't come out for a while. He admitted that this was a bad time to contract Lindelof to write a mini.

No, it was canceled (I'm pretty sure it is listed in the shipping update thread). More accurately, the solit was canceled and the book will be resolicited at a later date.

Right, and that's what the cancelled mean in this situation. E has explained it above (and before in this thread).

Cancellation list via Millarworld said:
FEB061987 D ULTIMATE WOLVERINE VS HULK #3 (OF 6) ...............................2

JUN068083 J ULTIMATE WOLVERINE VS HULK RETAILER SKETCH VAR #3 ..................4
"The code 02 means it will be resolicited.

04 Canceled by Publisher"

I don't care about variants to begin with, but the skecth variants are the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

I kind of like DC's changing color scheme for second printings though.

I don't care about variants to begin with, but the skecth variants are the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.
It's the "raw" art from the artists, and a lot of people love those and/or prefer them. It's "untainted" and all that. Don't see it being stupid. A wise move, really, on the marketing part. And a lot of times, they look better then the final piece.

Agreed totally about the color changing on DC's variants - that's so dumb.

I sort of agree about the sketch variants...it's better when it's the whole book like Ultimates 2 #1, which was beautiful. But when it's just the cover it's pretty pointless.

Joe Kalicki said:
E said:
Agreed totally about the color changing on DC's variants - that's so dumb.

Um, E, you're disagreeing with him. He's saying he likes it, and you're saying it's dumb.

Yeah, I kind of like it for a second printing. It's not necessarily a variant though. It's just a way to show it's a different printing. It's better than a whole new cover and it's especially better than no notice at all, except for the indicia.

Meh.

Sketch variants...it's cancelled...it isn't cancelled...it's only delayed...whatever.

The first two issues were pretty good. Not so good that it's worth me writing angry letters to marvel (as I have been known to do) but it was worth buying. Hell, I even got the directors cut thing.

And didn't whats his name (the author guy) brag about all of the great stuff he was gonna put into issues 3-6? very disapointing.

Meh.

Sketch variants...it's cancelled...it isn't cancelled...it's only delayed...whatever.

The first two issues were pretty good. Not so good that it's worth me writing angry letters to marvel (as I have been known to do) but it was worth buying. Hell, I even got the directors cut thing.

And didn't whats his name (the author guy) brag about all of the great stuff he was gonna put into issues 3-6? very disapointing.
The sketch variant is whats cancelled for good. No more. The issue is what isn't really cancelled forever. Just for the orders and stuff.

I was just looking back and realized we're less than two weeks away from the first anniversary of the release of Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk 2.

I have nothing to add beyond that, but freakin' heck man.

We've even had an All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder issue released since then.

Last edited:
So is there any news, even rumors, on when this actually might start shipping again? Next summer, maybe? Fall? 2011?

Joe Q said in his last Joe Fridays that Lindelof was writing his third script and that Yu would be doing the art... Despite his work in New Avengers. We'll see.

Joe Q said in his last Joe Fridays that Lindelof was writing his third script and that Yu would be doing the art... Despite his work in New Avengers. We'll see.
I never saw Quesada mention that it was the third script. He said that long ago. Last Friday he just said he sent in a new script, which is what he's been saying since God knows when.

Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine has turned us all cynical about promises from marvel. It's a shame because some of these promises may actually come to fruision.

Latest posts

Back