Ultimate Human series discussion [Ellis/Nord] [spoilers]

Re: Ultimate Human #1 SPOILERS

I think Pete Wisdom is going to be Ultra-Humanite. He is going to transfer his mind into Hulk's body, because not only is it incredibly strong and invulnerable, but it can now apparently adapt and evolve to survive.

Cool idea. If this all ends up being true it opens up a lot of doors for the character, which Ellis does a good job at (he was masterful with Invincible Iron Man). I just worry what hacks like Loeb will do with that in the future.

Wasn't James Larner a Shang Chi Character in 616?

Does anyone get the feeling that he might become an Ultimate version of someone as well? (I guess Abomination is out of the question... any other Hulk or IM baddies come to mind?)

I was a bit late to this one.

i liked it. Probably gonna turn this into ultimates 3 in my personal canon.:D

Interesting, isn't Hulk locked up in the Triskelion again after Ultimate Power?

no no no... that's the loebaverse (this is how I sleep at night).

Last edited:

Ah, now this is an Ultimate comic. Just when I thought the UU was dead and rotting, Ellis beats a little bit of life back into it.

I enjoyed this. The art was great. I really liked all the stuff about how the Hulk works. Especially the implication that the reason why he's so invulnerable is because his skin is infused with carbon fullerenes. (Buckminsterfullerenes, as I know them. Or...BUCKYBALLS!)

Re: Ultimate Human #2 discussion (spoilers!)

That preview is pretty ****ing awesome. Hell - I've not been this excited in the utliverse since GODS AND MONSTERS. **** yes! :rockon:

That preview is pretty ****ing awesome. Hell - I've not been this excited in the utliverse since GODS AND MONSTERS. **** yes! :rockon:

Same here, it definitely has that old school UU feel.

I just realized how pathetic it is to say "Old school UU"

Shaping up to be the best Ultimate Mini yet.

Now all I gotta do is hope that Ellis doesn't botch it up at the end like he did on Gah Lak Tus.

I'm cutting the "Ultimates 3" title banner off of that comic, and taping it to this one over "Ultimate Human".

Then I'm going to read and love it.

Then I'm going to pat the cover nervously, and keep saying "Its all good, Its all good..."

Shaping up to be the best Ultimate Mini yet.

Now all I gotta do is hope that Ellis doesn't botch it up at the end like he did on Gah Lak Tus.

I agree. This is very good. And it does have a "old UU" feel especially in how it deals with the Hulk and his transformation. That is what I loved about the old UU, stuff gets explained. The Hulks transformation, Reed Richards has no organs, Iron man needs a team to suit up (No armor folded up in a brief case like 616) Dr Doom is not wearing armor and he emits poison that he creates naturally and HAS COOL A** GOAT LEGS!!!

This was the stuff that made the UU cool. Some writers just seem to have a better grip on what it means to Ultimize a character. (Loeb isn't one of them) Even Ellis' "botch up" of gah-lac-tus was better than Loeb prison raping of the Ultimates.

Last edited:

I agree. This is very good. And it does have a "old UU" feel especially in how it deals with the Hulk and his transformation. That is what I loved about the old UU, stuff gets explained. The Hulks transformation, Reed Richards has no organs, Iron man needs a team to suit up (No armor folded up in a brief case like 616) Dr Doom is not wearing armor and he emits poison that he creates naturally and HAS COOL A** GOAT LEGS!!!

This was the stuff that made the UU cool. Some writers just seem to have a better grip on what it means to Ultimize a character. (Loeb isn't one of them) Even Ellis' "botch up" of gah-lac-tus was better than Loeb prison raping of the Ultimates.
Definitely, what I also hate is that some writers who do have the grasp on it have lost it. (Bendis)
I liked the ending to Ultimate Galactus.

I haven't read it yet but from what I know it seems very anti climatic, specially for a 3 mini build up. Also alot more could have been done about gah lac tus himself.

I'm cutting the "Ultimates 3" title banner off of that comic, and taping it to this one over "Ultimate Human".

Then I'm going to read and love it.

Then I'm going to pat the cover nervously, and keep saying "Its all good, Its all good..."

I'll join ya.

I liked the ending to Ultimate Galactus.

So did I.

stfudonnyvf4.jpg

Latest posts

Back