Ultimate Human series discussion [Ellis/Nord] [spoilers]

Re: Ultimate Human #2 discussion (spoilers!)

Yes, yes, YES.

This was awesome.

I love little things like Leader not being able to hold up his own head. Uh, YEAH! He shouldn't be able to.

The flying metal pajamas line was great.

This is fantastically awesome. I love it.

4.9/5

The only thing I don't like about this is the ultimization of Pete Wisdom. I really like him in the 616, but I'm worried he's just going to seem like another maniacal psycho.

Yes, yes, YES.

This was awesome.

I love little things like Leader not being able to hold up his own head. Uh, YEAH! He shouldn't be able to.

The flying metal pajamas line was great.

This is fantastically awesome. I love it.

4.9/5
I agree. While the story itself is good, the way that Ellis handles the characters and their lines is what's making everything perfect.

And then I just ask myself, "Why didn't Marvel get Ellis to do Ultimate Iron Man's origin? Would've made more sense..."

I agree. While the story itself is good, the way that Ellis handles the characters and their lines is what's making everything perfect.

And then I just ask myself, "Why didn't Marvel get Ellis to do Ultimate Iron Man's origin? Would've made more sense..."

...or write Ultimates 3. I don't know if team books are a strong point for Ellis (everything I've ever read by him focused more on a single or small number of characters), but even if not, I'd still prefer him night and day over Loeb on Ultimates 3. Is Loeb really a bigger name than Ellis? I'm sorry...I'm still looking for answers where none are to be found.

Ellis was responsible for STORMWATCH which turned into THE AUTHORITY.

Those two titles are what the Ultimate universe copied as blueprints for their approach.

Both were team books.

Let's not forget that Ellis also wrote PLANETARY and NEXTWAVE (NEXTWAVE!!!) - both team books.

Ellis would've done pretty ****ing well on ULTIMATES 3.

Ellis was responsible for STORMWATCH which turned into THE AUTHORITY.

Those two titles are what the Ultimate universe copied as blueprints for their approach.

Both were team books.

Let's not forget that Ellis also wrote PLANETARY and NEXTWAVE (NEXTWAVE!!!) - both team books.

Ellis would've done pretty ****ing well on ULTIMATES 3.

Well there you go.

So...Marvel. Why not Ellis?

I've said this before, but Extremis should have been Ultimate Iron Man, and they should have let Orson Scott Card muck up 616 Iron Man.

Ultimate Iron Man was the beginning of the end. It didn't have to be that way.

I've said this before, but Extremis should have been Ultimate Iron Man, and they should have let Orson Scott Card muck up 616 Iron Man.
Yeah, I remember you saying that. If only so, my brutha....

Ultimate Iron Man was the beginning of the end. It didn't have to be that way.

Just another compelling argument for me to complete my time machine. I'll be done soon, and I'll change this blight on our timeline. I swear it!

I want to have babies with Warren Ellis' concepts.

Ultimate Human #3 discussion (spoilers!)

See a preview of this issue at: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0803/21/marvelfirsts.htm

Also see previews of BLACK PANTHER #35, DAREDEVIL #106, MARVEL ILLUSTRATED: PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY #4, MARVEL ADVENTURES FANTASTIC FOUR #34, MARVEL ADVENTURES IRON MAN #11, MARVEL ATLAS #2, MIGHTY AVENGERS #11, MS. MARVEL #25, NEW AVENGERS #39, NEW WARRIORS #10, POWER PACK: DAY ONE #1, SHE-HULK #27, SPIDER-MAN: WITH GREAT POWER... #3, & ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #52.

Last edited:
Re: Ultimate Human #3 discussion (spoilers!)

Damn, after the first two issues this was a real let down.

three words to describe this issue; WALL OF TEXT

Damn, after the first two issues this was a real let down.

three words to describe this issue; WALL OF TEXT

Ellis usually is dialogue heavy from what I recall of his stories I've read. Usually he injects humor and interesting psuedo-scientific theories, so I don't mind. I haven't read the issue yet, so the jury's still out.

Yeah, this was total crap. It did nothing to advance the plot and was just Ellis wanking. Lame.

Thats disappointing after the first two issues. Hopefully the last will be an improvement on this one.

Yeah, im not giving up hope for this. First two issues where mostly action, this issue was all flashback to the backstory of the leader. But it ends where we left in issue #2. So 4 and 5 will probably be more action.

The backstory of the leader could probably have been told in three pages. Unnecessary dialog is unnecessary.

Latest posts

Back